Notify
Tools

A situation Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
A lot of your suggestions are worthwhile and appreciated but are beyond my ability. I cannot inventory my stuff because I do not have the physical strength to do it.. I have decided not to sell it piecemeal because I do not have the physical strength left to do that either.

So, my best friend is coming up from Tucson next Tusday to meet with me and several folks from Riata Pass Auctions (which also has an auction house in California). They will apparently do the inventory for me.

Then after the auction the things which do not meet the reserves will likely be transfered to another friend who is a local store-front gun shop owner. That way I will not have to 4473 them all back into my possession, my wife will get a check for the things which do sell at the reserve or higher, and the local shop can pay her as and when the rest of the stuff sells.

I want you guys to know how much I miss your company here on line. I also miss being able to shoot any more. I shot from one to six days a week for over 50 years and loved almost every minute of it. I didn't enjoy every minute of being a national team member because of the politics of it, but it was still well worth doing and I learned from it.

The major thought I would leave all of you with is to NOT fill your minds or souls with hate for any group...liberals, illegal immigrants, or anyone else. Our democracy, our country, and out freedom depends on accepting the outcomes of votes, followed by the actual support of the wishes of the voters until a next election, by which time we may be able to convince them to vote things OUR way.

And, a thought which I know will be very unpopular here... The NFA of 1934 established Class III weapons law ammonst other things. Much of a PITA as that was/is, it has maintained the rights of us to own machine guns, etc., at all for over 70 years, with none of the legally owned Class III stuff ever being involved in violent felonies. If Class III comes to include semi-auto "assault rifles", it may well be the very process which protects our right to own THEM for the next 70 years as well.

Our government is what WE each, individually, make of it. Substituting hatred of other groups and/or of our government in general will only lead to anarchy, more violence, and a loss of freedom in general for everyone.

BTW, as a 32-degree Mason, I have no fear of death, though I DO greatly fear the process of dying. So far it is neither comfortable nor calm. Being smothered by one's own malfunctioning heart is not a thing I would see happen to any of you.

Hopefully I will get to speak with you guys a bit more here, but if I do not, live with grace and pleasure, and pass in peace when your times come.

AC

Canuck,
you are a great wise man,very well spoken sir,I shall remember what you have said,god bless.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC,

God bless you and your family...you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Your knowledge and wisdom has always stood out and benefited us all...

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC,

My thoughts and prayers go with you and your family. I have truly enjoyed your posts, experiences and knowledge.

I see you have picked an excellent auction house and they will do well by you and yours.

Again, my heartfelt condolences on how life has turned for you. Cherish the good times during the remainder, I know from your posts that you have a life full of them.

Thaine

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
What a class act.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, ac

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prays to you Brother, as you near the CLA.
S&F

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This news saddens me as it does so many of us here who have come to know you through your posts. When the time comes, may your passing be an easy one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Riata Pass will treat you right. I have dealt with them on numerous occasions. FWIW I think you chose the right path and picked a good company as well. Let them do their job and don't try to supervise. Spend your time enjoying your friends and family for the duration of what is left. They will remember that long after the tears have dried.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, Some good advice. I have spoke with AC a couple of times. His love for shooting and playing with his guns run deep. I would say AC will have alot of trouble not being involved with what he loves. AC enjoy your time in the means that gives you and your loved ones the most comfort. Good luck my friend. Del

Posts: 3701 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My prayers for you and your family. It is amazing how close you can become to fellow AR contributors even having never met them. Your loss will certainly diminish this site!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
AC,
I have enjoyed and learned from your posts, and been saddened by your failing health. I recall a post in which you said you wouldn't be shooting anymore, and how I hoped you were wrong.
You and your family are in my prayers.

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC
As so many have said you are a real class act and make me proud to be a Canadian too.I've always enjoyed your posts.
God's speed.
Bill

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you and your family.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
Canuck,
Our prayer are with you and your family.
You have a PM.
Thanks
Wesley

Posts: 673 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
AC:

Lots of good advise has been posted here so I will not add any. I will just say God Bless you and your family.

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this AC. Although I have never met you I have enjoyed reading your posts here over the last few years. I will miss your posts here. I haven't given up on you. The saying is you can't keep a good man down. You are one of the good ones.

My Prayers are with you and your family. I hope to see you one day in the hunting fields on the other side.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
AC, you have my utmost respect for what you are trying to do to benefit your family. It seems you have received good advice and are in good hands. Peace be with you.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13399 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
AC, just now reading this, saddens me very much. Like others have said, you are one of the class acts around here with valuable experience and honest opinions. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Forrest A.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LJS:
My prayers for you and your family. It is amazing how close you can become to fellow AR contributors even having never met them. Your loss will certainly diminish this site!

My thoughts exactly.

God bless you.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC I am touched by your wise words may God grant you peace and comfort. Thanks Kurt

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I spoke with AC a few days ago. He sounding pretty good. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He is one of the good guys. Del

Posts: 3701 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW the auction co is spelled Reata not riata.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Del: I'd say one of the GREAT guys. Very touching words & advice in his post here.
AC: God bless you, & thanks for being an AR member. Hang in there.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1584 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC

I wish you the best.

This is something that many of us will have to deal with, sooner or later.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
Howdy AC,

I'm so sorry to read this. I hope you are comfortable and your family and friends close by. Good luck with your auction.

I wish you peace and lucidity as you pass, a realization of a life well lived, and a loving family to carry on your memory. Godspeed.

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 399 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you, my AR friend. May God shine his light on you and hold you and your family in his hands. All the best...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC I didn't know you were the widows son. The Grand master will welcome you like he did my father. I lost my father in 2005, We both were 32 degree masons. I lost him to lung cancer well before I was ready to let him go. Your last letter has literally brought me to tears. You are so brave and strong. Here you are On your death bed to arranging this for your family. You are an awesome man and you will be remembered. Thank you. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Really sorry to hear about this, I'll always associate your username with one of the guys from this forum that helped me get into shooting and reloading.

I wish you the best!

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC
I wish I could make some profound statements that would lighten your load but as the time gets closer listen to the words of your lord and savior.
Put your family and friends close to your heart and you will always have a special place in each of their hearts.
Remember the prayer warriors are on the march
God bless
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My grandson, Owen, and I will be forever grateful to you in helping him get his dream deer rifle, that Mdl 70 243.

You are in our every thought, my friend.

Bruce

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Prayers going out to you....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From one brother to another; prayers for you and your family.
bH

one of us
posted Hide Post
AC,

I just wanted to add my name to the list of folks who've appreciated and benefited from your posts here over the years.

I'll be praying for you.

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Godspeed AC, we will all miss your wisdom and insight.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC,

I am terribly sorry to hear this. Prayers and thoughts for you and the family. I have thoroughly
enjoyed your posts.

Warm regards

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
No matter how difficult the road ahead is, may it please the Almighty that at least you and your family are comforted for the journey.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AR posts are like the days of our lives: most are simply unexceptional and forgotten about with a few days. But some days define the moments of our life, and like those days we will never forget, this post is one I will remember for a long time.

Good luck to you AC.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lloyd, I am sick at heart about this. I just never check this forum, and had no idea. PM sent, my friend.
I am at your command.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
AC,
Best to you and your family. I always enjoy your wisdom and contributions. Godspeed.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your health issues. May He be merciful with you.

About the guns, I've been disposing of mine as well, but the reasons just aren't to that point yet. And I've found it's mainly a question of timing. Whether you are simply cleaning house as fast as possible, or do you want to keep it local and under your family's control and sell piece-meal with someone you trust in charge.

Anyway, as far as selling the whole collection outright for cash, I wouldn't count on that. I tried it and many were interested but lacked the cash. That went nowhere.

The auction route is quicker, but you have no control over what comes from it, excepting reserves, which interfere with the goal of disposing of everything.

The route I'm picking is using a local sporting goods store that has a lot of store traffic that I have been personal friends with for decades and can to some degree negotiate sale prices. My family can also keep an eye on what's going on and collect the proceeds, gun by gun as they sell. The store was also picked because they have been around forever and are solid and can be trusted, and the commissions are far less if sold on premises than, say, if they have to do them by internet auction. If kept local, the prices can also be adjusted now and then if need be to get a quicker sale.

It's the same method I used to collect or buy some of mine over the years that were being sold off by surviving family members of other hunters/collectors. For instance, I've got a nice double rifle acquired there that was owned by an acquaintance who passed away.

My reloading equipment I found almost impossible to sell and wound up giving it away at the local gun club. Ammo (including empty brass) and lead shot however is different and can be sold by your family or friends for you at gun shows, gun club flea markets or outright to a sporting goods store.

Hoping this helps a bit...