THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    best taxidermist for leopard

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

best taxidermist for leopard
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If I'm successful who specializes in leopards ?

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best in the business Phil Soucy! I’m a 35year full time taxidermist. His cats are second to none!

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I used Life Form Taxidermy in White River, South Africa for both lion and leopard. I believe that Animal Artistry would also be a good choice here in the States. Both are world class museum quality cat taxidermists.

posted Hide Post
Leland reinier at Big Cat Taxidermy in Craig, Colorado.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
some of the best cats I have seen come oit of kanati studious just check out there facebook page and websire crazy good mounts.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.animalartistry.com/gallery/africa/leopard

Link to Animal Artistry Leopard poses. Husband's leopard from Zimbabwe in 2005 is LS04. Really like their work and turn around time.

Best of luck on your hunt.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Look not further than Phil Soucy. He is the best for cats and it's not even close. He did my cougar and leopard and will do my lion whenever I get my import permit. He's also mounted well over 100 cats for our clients. They are unbelievably perfect every time. His website is probably 10 years outdated, but he puts some fresh stuff on Instagram every once in a while.

He lives in Libby, Montana so if you were up for a bit of a drive from Billings you could go check out his stuff in person.

Animal Artistry, Kanati, etc. are fine, but Soucy sets the standard.

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard to go wrong with Soucy's cat mounts. They overall are much better than your average taxidermy studio.

The face and detail work on his cats are great, my only critique would be that a wild mountain lion is just not as fat as he makes them look. The lion mounts out of his shop look like morbidly obese zoo mountain lions.

I have never killed a leopard, so I cannot say from personal experience. I personally have a mountain lion done by Woodbury, which is now 20 years old but still looks excellent.

Other good studios for cats in general would be:
Kanati
Big Cat Taxidermy, Leland Reiner
Animal Artistry
Woodbury