Notify
Tools

What an idiot!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Dramatic Pic Of Woman Attacked By Polar Bear
2:32pm UK, Saturday April 11, 2009

This is the moment a woman was mauled by a polar bear after she jumped into its enclosure at Berlin Zoo.

Polar bear attacks the woman after she swims towards it

The intruder was attacked just yards away from Knut, the abandoned bear who became famous around the world.

Zookeepers managed to push the bear away and carry the woman from the cage.

The mauling took place inside an enclosure occupied by four polar bears not far from Knut's home.

Heiner Kloes, a Berlin Zoo spokesman, said the enclosure is surrounded by a fence, a line of prickly hedges and a wall.

Knut with a handler

The woman was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Police did not say why she jumped in with the bears.

"The woman has proved herself to be careless by jumping into the enclosure," a police spokesperson said.

"Logic tells us that polar bears will do this type of thing in this situation."

Last December, a man who later described himself as "lonely" jumped into the cage of the zoo's most famous polar bear.

But he emerged unscathed after zookeepers managed to distract Knut with beef.

The celebrity bear won the world's sympathy after being abandoned by his mother shortly after his birth.

A spokesman for the zoo said Knut, now two years and four months old, would never harm a human.

I couldn't get the pic to come up but suffice it to say that this idiot woman had a bad day.
There were several things in this article I have a problem with:
1. Just what possessed this woman to jump in with a polar bear?
2. Why does the article suggest the bear attacked the woman when it was she who encroached on it?
3. The spokesman for the zoo "the bear would never harm a human". HUH? This is where the liberal PETA types who have never been within 100 miles of a bear get their notions. If the bear would never harm a human, then why is it in a barricaded pen???

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Well.....I think they should have let her stay in the pen so the bear could have a snack/toy. I hope she doesn't have any children. People like that shouldn't be breeding.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This lady has been watching too many disney shows where all the animals are cudely and cute.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Culpepper:
This lady has been watching too many disney shows where all the animals are cudely and cute.

Exactly!!! thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
Everybody know polar bears are cute friendly animals, they even star in a Coca Cola commercial, and Al Gore says they are poor indangered sweet cuddley fellas bewildered pissers

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clark,
That's the photo I was trying to post. Thanks!

Now, if there was a way to superimpose 'PETA' on her shirt... Big Grin

Is it wrong to get some small pleasure from seeing the effects of stupidity in action?

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
so this wasn't a suicide attempt?

if not, what the hell did she expect from the bear? a hug?

so many good questions here where all the answers will be dumb...

Andy

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
The porker couldn't afford lipo!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1413 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good one for the 2009 Darwin Awards.Another NWTT animal hugger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's allready on the tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...kxRY&feature=related

Thanks Bjarne

Posts: 185 | Location: Randers - Denmark | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's the idiot's rescue video, the Youtube link has been censored.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/....attack/#cnnSTCVideo

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Yep, saw that one on the news. It's obvious by her actions that she's an Obama supporter.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The really sad part about most of these things is, some one WITH a brain has to rescue them

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A big, blonde, white woman. I guess the bears were looking for some nookie

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably mistook her for a female walrus, easy enough to do. Is it wrong that I laughed while watching the video?

Posts: 332 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably a case of bi-polar...

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
Probably a case of bi-polar...

rotflmo

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
I think she's gonna be missing a few pieces.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too bad that bear was playing nice with her. Just as a reminder of the state of shit our country is in, the zoo would have probably been sued if they hadn't of rescued her big flabby ass.

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eurocentric:
A big, blonde, white woman. I guess the bears were looking for some nookie

My initial thoughts exactly!

The bear probably thought she was another polar bear... in the pic she looks rather stout...

Locked in cage, I am sure Knut doesn't get much nookie..

on the other end, her probably being a Peta Nut and kinky, she probably wanted to see what happened when a female breeded with a bear...

guess there are some women that like to do it with dogs... so this fat broad just wanted some one-upman-ship I guess space

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A severe case of Disneyism, indeed. Media induced Knutism is another possibility.

I think that's the kind of people who think that eggs are manufatured in factories and that meats grows in supermarket freezers. Lateron they vote the Green Party.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know the nickname Europeans have for the Green Party? Some call them watermellons. Green on the outside, Red on the inside.

Same here. Scratch a radical vegetarian and you get a Bolshevik.

It's all part of the same pattern and belief system.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
You know the nickname Europeans have for the Green Party?

Veggie-Taliban is also frecuently used.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote