Find
Notify
Tools

this is really frightening
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
there is no way people can be this out of touch
with the real world,but the evidence shows otherwise.
read the hate mail this guy got after nat.geo ran his picture with the 1st wolf killed in the idaho wolf season.
http://wolfcomments.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wack jobs are everywhere these days.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent a letter to the editor support of winter snow mobil usage in Yellowstone several years back. I recieved a dozen hate letters to my home calling me everything but white and wishing me death via running my snow machine over a cliff. Unsigned and unmarked of course. Funny thing, I haven't owned a snow machine in 20 years.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those "I wanna kiss the wolves types" for sure kooks. Old wolf could pull down wolf luvers kids and they'd think it was just wonderful.

What's funny is seeing how our summer tourists fight over wolf hides. We have a couple local trappers who play around with the wolves, they get 10 or so over the winter in snares. Sell them all to tourists.

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder what kind of comments those assholes would come up with if they ever saw and heard a wolf kill? My wife and I were camped up in the White Mountains of Arizona a few years back and around two in the morning we heard the sounds. The next day we scouted out the area where the sounds came from and the wolves had killed a beef cow. We don't ever want to hear sounds like that again.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We can all thank Disney for those mental attitudes, boys. I saw over and over a tone in those posts decrying the use of modern weaponry as a killing tool. Were evolution different, would the wolf not use technology to accomplish its goal? I think so.

I also detected quite a bit of anthropomorphic sentimentality. Again, Disney. The growing urbanization of this country is replacing any real understanding of nature and of man's role in it. Interestingly, it is a noted fact that some animals will kill for sport. will the be subjec to karma too?

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My only solace in these situations is knowing that if it ever comes down to survival, these folks won't. They have no concept of the wilderness world, and I think they would be quite horrified by the reality that we as outdoorsmen know.

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are a WHOLE lot of people who want nothing more than to live in fantacy; the Walt Disney world, where everything is good, fair, and no evil prevails; in their minds, a PERFECT world. They have no interest in reality, where Wolves make their living by killing new born calves, children, and adults.
Anything that messes with their dream world gets hate mail.
Deep down inside these losers is a desire to destroy all that is good. That's why they love wolves. Wolves feed their basic instincts of destroying good things.
Theses same people want to see America destroyed, in the guise of being "Progressive".
I have the sad opportunity to interact with these losers on a daily basis, and have for the last 11 years... They feel smug, like they have accomplished something of significance when something good is wiped off the face of the planet..
And, they have a vote...

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Sorry if this is too of topic, but I can't help but be reminded of the "Horse Whisperer" crap that was so popular a few years back. The huge Fraud, Monty Roberts, was my favorite with his BS talks about the gentle language of horses and the "abuse" all those of us more ignorant than he are guilty of. You'd think that having spent his life in the horse business he'd have seen a few beat the shit out of each other. I know I sure have, and have paid the vet bills after the heard "had a talk" too.

Public Television had a series on wild mustangs a couple of years back. A couple of ladies that I know told me about it. They are a bit on the soft side when it comes to their horses and were appalled when one of the mustang stallions violently killed a new born foal from a neighboring band. I admit that I was pretty surprised that the documentary makers showed the violent act as well. Nature can be UGLY AND CRUEL.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is the very people who have never been around wild animals -of any kind - who are totally ignorant of Nature's laws. The people in the general public who support PETA types have been influenced by decades of warm, fuzzy, films about cutesy animals. A wolf looks like a German Shepherd, doesn't he?. (No, he doesn't, from this poster who grew up with Shepherds) I once held the view that wolves should be allowed to be "reintroduced". Westerners who live there educated me in the AR forum and now I only want wolves where Westerners want them to be. (I heard wolves often on bear hunts in Ontario and even saw them close up sometimes and I do love the animal as I love all animals but I understand what the Westerners are talking about)

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I spent a long time reading those posts and the hate and veiled threats and outright threats amazed me, these people are pretty harsh for "animal lovers"!
Way out of touch and way off there rockers, amazing!
Thanks National Geo! Thanks.......
I must admit as I read these posts or blogs I actually felt sorry for these poor saps for there shear ignorance. These are people who buy there food at the store in convenient sterile packages and never connect the fact that the package was once flesh and blood of an animal and raised by a rancher or producer, the very people they loath? Ignorance at its all time high. Keep your head in the sand or look the other way and pretend and you will never have to know the truth, live life in the fantasy you want to believe furry friendly wolves and bears, coyotes that are only there to serenade you and co-exist without killing aaahhh life is grand.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Funny, they seem to have omited my response

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Wow - I read the blog. These are some angry people. I'm glad I don't go through life filled with hate.

One word we have taught our children not to use, but what it means, is "hate."

I'm going to Alaska this fall to hunt moose. Getting a wolf tag as well.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You ought not be surprised by these weird and violent people out there in our big cities and universities. This is just what our civilization, schools and "good willing" media generated.

One thing I am unfortunately sure off: This will not get better.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I had a wolf tag I'd shoot one for sure.

I'd post pictures.

I'd wait for threats.

I'd act pre-emptively against anyone so stupid as to actually threaten me and identify themselves.

How? I'd introduce them to a hungry wolf.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Similiar comments can be found on many hunting and bullfight videos on Youtube.com.

These idiots would gladly push a button to kill everyone they consider to be hunters, matadors, trappers, etc
Thank God they'll never get the opportunity to do so, and they don't have the courage to do anything in daylight.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pains me to think these people get to vote and breed

Posts: 291 | Location: wisconsin  | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Especially breed. That should be reserved for the alphas. Wink

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Phil N
posted Hide Post
I have to laugh at some of those emails the guy got. I wonder how many of them have no idea where the steak, fish or chicken they eat comes from. Do they think it dies of natural causes? Confused

US Army 1977-1998

Posts: 82 | Location: Carthage, NY | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of garretttodd
posted Hide Post
what even the vegitarians don't realize is that all of their vegitables have been defended against an attack of a rabbit or other annimal by some farmer with .22lr or snare. There is no such thing as no kill food. This is the same thing as ranchers defending their crop of cattle from wolves.

Those who pound their swords into plowshares will be plowing for those of us who don't

Posts: 64 | Location: Fort worth, Texas | Registered: 10 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One thng I have to say about the Bleeding
Heart People.

I BELONG TO P.E.T.A

PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMAL

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote