New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is This True?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
Saeed, sorry to say it may be. I did a quick search and found a number of unrelated sources reporting it.

Hatred of wolves is fairly common here and ignorance is rampant. added together it wouldn't surprise me if this actually did happen.

They only decent thing that can be said about it is that it looks like someone witnessed some of this and called the Wyoming Department of Natural Resources and they investigated and issued a citation which is probably all they could do.

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
Once in awhile there is an idiot with “ great idea “
Wolves are predators and our prime competitors but there is a limit …

Posts: 141 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
I think it could be a very big mistake to assume that wolves are our prime competitor when we have studies demonstrating that the wolf population and the deer population can track each other. The wolves can certainly influence how and where deer use land, but for both populations to rise and fall together? I have seen it work that way to a surprising degree that defies folklore. I have seen deer populations almost disappear when there were no wolves present at all.

I see then not as competitors, but until I have a solid explanation of why both populations can track each other I cannot exclude the possibility that they may be allies.

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
This individuals conduct was simply disgusting, period. I don’t have a problem with him using a snowmobile to hunt wolves, but shoot the wolf and be done with it. What he did by taping its mouth shut and parading it around is inexcusable.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AMEN M.Sh

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OOPS AMEN M.SHY

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Innocent until found guilty.

At least that is suppose to be the standard in the USA.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Guilty of being a complete ass.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be the bad guy here-----other than shooting it outside behind the bar he did what many millions of people do here every day !!!

Hip

P.S. I'm printing this as my neighbors 5 dogs are barking like shit not more than 50 ft. from my window!

Posts: 1829 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
If it's true I hope he spends some quality time in jail.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4731 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RAR60
posted Hide Post
I don't care what you're taking you owe it to the animal to dispatch it quickly. It's not an exhibition. Next time he goes in that bar, they should take him out back and "thump his ass" and then bar him! Classic case of an idiot giving the anti's fodder they thrive on!

Zim 2006
Zim 2007
Namibia 2013
Brown Bear Togiak Nat'l Refuge Sep 2010
Argentina 2019
RSA 2023
SCI Life Member
USMC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty sad if true. No animal deserves to be treated like that.

Having said that, I’m very much against the reintroduction of wolves back into Colorado. Never wanted them here. But it wasn’t the wolf’s fault they got transported here and released. That was the result of man’s decision, not the wolf’s. I also believe they should be allowed to be hunted, like the deer, elk and moose they hunt. We hunt those ungulates. Let us hunt the wolves.

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1133 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Pictures

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No felony animal cruelty laws in Wyoming?
This guy will be the poster child for PETA, Humane
Society, etc. for years to come.
C.G.B.

One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
The first world concerns of people with lives which are too easy, leading to the Karen culture we have here today.

People muzzle aggressive dogs and parade them around towns all the time and nobody cares.

In reality, there is zero difference.

Wolves were extirpated from the landscape for a reason. Some people actually know the reason. Most people don't know that the wolves being introduced in the continental US, are not the subspecies which was formerly indigenous.

It's a slippery slope from speaking out against the guy in Wyoming to sport hunting. It seems most of the posters here are more than willing to cut their own throats on the matter.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
We exterminated the buffalo, wolves most of the whitetail deer amongst other things. The reason was greed. That guy ought to be whipped.

Regards,

Chuck

Posts: 4731 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That jackass just makes me nauseated. He should face some sort punishment. This is just plain cruelty.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard to look at. This guy needs some prison time.

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
What a dipshit. Just SSS. He will take a hit.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
This son of a bitch needs a long prison sentence.

Sickening.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think he paid a 250.00 dollar fine.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
WPOS! I don’t mind that he finally killed it but the torture is beyond the pale. And he ran it down, he didn’t even hunt it, unless you consider a snowmobile at hunting weapon…..thumbdown barf

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13159 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
unless you consider a snowmobile at hunting weapon….

In Wyoming it is legal.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
WPOS! I don’t mind that he finally killed it but the torture is beyond the pale. And he ran it down, he didn’t even hunt it, unless you consider a snowmobile at hunting weapon…..thumbdown barf

A video on the Net showing the wolf tied down with its mouth tapes in the pub.

Wolf wasn't looking very ha[[y!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
unless you consider a snowmobile at hunting weapon….

In Wyoming it is legal.

Figures. When I lived in Montana in the 70s we called Colorado the Massachusetts of the Rockies and Wyoming the Missisippi of the Rockies. Let's not talk about North Dakota lol.

Regards,

Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TREE 'EM:
The first world concerns of people with lives which are too easy, leading to the Karen culture we have here today.

People muzzle aggressive dogs and parade them around towns all the time and nobody cares.

Wolves were extirpated from the landscape for a reason. Some people actually know the reason. Most people don't know that the wolves being introduced in the continental US, are not the subspecies which was formerly indigenous.

It's a slippery slope from speaking out against the guy in Wyoming to sport hunting. It seems most of the posters here are more than willing to cut their own throats on the matter.

dancing tu2 tu2
I shoot every fucking wolf I can!

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sticking up for this guy----But he isn't any worse than any and all of our elected officials

Hip!

Posts: 1829 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This was disgusting.

Posts: 10627 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
This was disgusting.

Agree 100%.

Posts: 227 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Classic Banff story, late 1800s : A guy named bill Peyto trapped a lynx, tied it up and then released it in a local bar, details what happened after are vague. Big Grin

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1593 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I heard a couple of guys put a bob cat in a nice suit case.

The set the suit case at a down town Milw. bus stop.

Some gentlemen in a Cadillac stopped and took it. A half block later doors flew open. Ass holes and elbows were flying.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TREE 'EM:

They don’t hold down an animal typing its mouth shut, and parade it around for the crime if bring a wolf. Which is an animal that is natural to Wyoming before we killed then all off.

Your state is stupid. Like I said in the Elephant post. There are a lot of here who do not deserve to be called hunter conservationists. They just want things to exist fur our killing. Wolves need managed like any other animal in a concentrated range. This is not management. It is someone acting like the anti hunters claim we all are.

I hope he got a felony.

One of my co-workers told me about a guy who ran over but did not kill a coyote. Guy brought it into a bar to show off. He gives us hunters in the office Hell over this stuff.

Oh my, this is the same incident. The sicko ran the wolf down, hit it, and did not kill it. He then Typed the mouth shut and drug it around the bar.

In a less legal and civilized world, we would just break his leg.

Posts: 10900 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
https://biologicaldiversity.or...ODQxNi4xNzEwNzgyMTQz

For Immediate Release, April 23, 2024

Amaroq Weiss, (707) 779-9613, aweiss@biologicaldiversity.org

Letters Urge Federal Agencies to Prohibit Killing of Wildlife With Snowmobiles

WASHINGTON— More than 60 conservation groups from across North America filed letters today urging the U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management to immediately prohibit the use of snowmobiles or other vehicles to run down, injure or kill wildlife on all federal lands they manage.

Today’s letters were spurred by a recent incident in which a man from Daniel, Wyoming, ran over a yearling female wolf with his snowmobile. This is a hunting practice that states like Wyoming and Idaho authorize for wolves and other predators.

Instead of immediately putting the wolf out of her misery, media reports indicate that the man took her to his home and then to a bar. Shocking photos, videos and witness statements resulted in him being convicted of a misdemeanor under state law for possession of a live wolf. The penalty was a $250 fine.

“This obscene cruelty to wolves and other wildlife is legal under state law, so federal officials need to step in and stop it,” said Amaroq Weiss, a senior wolf advocate with the Center for Biological Diversity. “It’s disgusting that Wyoming and Idaho allow coyotes and wolves to be chased, bludgeoned and run over by snowmobiles. But the American people own the federal lands throughout the country, and we won’t stop until federal agencies ban this horrific practice where they can.”

Public pressure finally resulted in the state wildlife agency, state wildlife commission and governor’s office condemning the man’s actions. Their statements, however, reflect a tendency by state officials to paint the incident as a “one-off,” even though it stems from the state’s anti-predator laws, which authorize running down wolves with snowmobiles and other brutal hunting practices.

“The facts belie state officials’ claims that running over wildlife with snowmobiles and further torturing them doesn’t exemplify Wyoming values,” said Weiss. “By allowing wolves and other predators to be killed by any and all means in most of the state, Wyoming has created an outdoors torture chamber for wildlife. I hope the federal agencies step up to ban this atrocious practice on the lands they manage in Wyoming and across the country.”

In Wyoming 85% of the state is designated as a “Predator Zone,” where wolves and other wildlife classified as predators — including coyotes, jackrabbits, porcupines, raccoons, red fox, skunks and stray cats — may be killed without limits at any time of year by any means with no license requirement.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9370 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
This is what happens when people from States like California and New York impose their political will on other States. It breeds resentment. Wyoming didnt want Wolves back, but they got them crammed down their throats.
What he did is something I would never do, and Im not defending it either. I'm just saying that this was brought on by political strong arming from people who don't even live in Wyoming and don't give a shit about the consequences of THEIR actions.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote