Notify
Tools

Big fun from a few months ago
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like quite the good winter to me! Where were the hunts?

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking fun! Congrats on a great cat, buck, and coyote! Westerners don't need to wonder why us Easterners are jealous!

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FFemt5287:
Looks like quite the good winter to me! Where were the hunts?

All critters taken on the same trip. I did not kill the lion. My rancher/host friend did. Hunt was in Idaho. What a time, and what a place.

Thanks for the comments.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Where in Idaho were you? Looks like a great trip!

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Really great pictures.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Really great pictures.

+1 tu2

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
This is a really neat way of giving a hunt report! You're a very talented photographer, well done!

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great area. Looks like craig mountain/winchester. Not far from the lewiston airport. Looks like you hunted more days than I did and I live there. Lucky Dog! Couple of good looking Wolf Skinners with the dead lion.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Sweet, thanks for sharing! thumb

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SG Olds:
Great area. Looks like craig mountain/winchester. Not far from the lewiston airport. Looks like you hunted more days than I did and I live there. Lucky Dog! Couple of good looking Wolf Skinners with the dead lion.

You're within about 50 miles. It was a 5 day hunt. We were busy, as you can see. Great area, great friends and great hunt. Can't ask for anything more than that.

Wink

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I hunted black bear around Elk City Idaho in 2010, beautiful country.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That makes me homesick for my native Rocky Mountains. Other than for a couple of funerals, I haven't been back that way for about 4 years. I need to get back and chase elk and pronghorns soon!!!

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Great buch of photo's
and Nice shootin'

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Wanna introduce me to the chicks with the mountain lion?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StormsGSP:
Awesome. Wanna introduce me to the chicks with the mountain lion?

Whoa, easy, boy, easy! Wink

They're very attractive and lovely young ladies, that's obvious. But too young for you--or anyone for that matter--to think about, lad. One of them's my host's daughter. Very protective, as he should be. Oh, and a really, really good shot. Just sayin'.

Wink Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
A Great buch of photo's
and Nice shootin'

I've been a big fan of your shared hunts and pics for a long time. Glad I can offer a little back to folks. Thank you, and all the others who've commented.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
BTW, that was my first ever buck, finally accomplishing what I'd failed to do, despite trying in earnest for the previous 13 *years*.

That was the first coyote I've ever killed, and first wild lion I've ever seen in person as well. Saw my first wild bull elk too. He ran by me at around 70 yards. A wondrous and magical time it was, truly. Those weren't my first ducks, though. Wink

The boys who made it happen for me know how much it meant to me then, what it means to me now, and what it will always mean to me. You never forget your first, man.