New
Find
Notify
Tools

Circle on a pony, Part 3
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

The cabin at Pass Cr and the Game and Fish cabin on the "Park" line.

Mountain groceries, dinner for 2

Happy and tired stock

Some of the "tools" of the trade

Back to work

Back over the top following the migration trail into "Fall Crick"
So DAMN steep we stood at the top and pee'ed on the rock so there was some grip for the ponies, SO DAMN STEEP, 1 miss step and you would end up in the bottom 600 yds below in a tangle of broken tack and horseflesh...

Last camp and tomorrow we have to share the world with everyone else.

Mountain ponys are not "pretty". TOUGH but not pretty, and a few more random pics.
Enjoy and Safe travels

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Looks like a dang good trip to me!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking the time to post those! Wish I would have been up there with y'all!

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cool. Nice pics. Will be doing the same thing in 2 weeks just a little farther north.

Posts: 595 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos, jealous.

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Are you really cooking a pancake in a shovel? Nice views and nice stock.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tortilla in the shovel
chili in the fire

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
Thanks for taking the time to post those! Wish I would have been up there with y'all!

+ 1

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Great pictures. Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing them. tu2 tu2 beer

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
well worn trails many animals seen?

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wassa56
I hate to ruin the fantasy with the fact that
the country was nearly devoid of wildlife.
In 6 days we saw 9 Mt. sheep, 1 grizzly
and less than 50 elk.
Used to see 1500 elk and 3-10 griz a day.
The prey base has collasped from the
National Park Services wildlife experiments.

One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics ravenr, that is some gorgeous land!

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 776 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow. Quite a life you lead, Ravenr.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AnotherAZWriter
Just dang lucky to make a living doing it
Course I would be doing it anyway
reguardless of the income...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It helps when you have a wife that supports you financially.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know how you came up with that BS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Uncle Joe,

Yeah! Yeah! Where's the part about the horse wreck?

Mark

BTW: Disregard the haters. Jealousy is rampant. Actually I hate you but my freezer thanks you for the buffalo delivery.

Kitchen Bitch

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are a licensed outfitter?

I was born and raised in Cody. over 40 years, moved out a few years back.,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You would know these things if
you knew me well enough to make your
other assine post! Smartazz

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shawnmc:
It helps when you have a wife that supports you financially.

WTF kind of ridiculous comment is that? I've known JR the better part of 20 years and he's been doing this stuff his entire life. He was damn sure doing it before he was married. He makes a damn good living doing what he loves and lives life to the fullest. Your comment was really off base and uncalled for IMO

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So you are stating you are a licensed guide and outfitter in the state of Wyoming? I know the answer. You state you make a living doing it.

quote:
AnotherAZWriter

You also are a contractor.

one of us
posted Hide Post
shawnmc,

Joe doesn't need me to defend him but I am curious what your motivation is in what seems an effort to discredit him.

If Joe married a gal that supports his hunting and additionally makes a decent living plus Joe makes some money as a carpenter in the off season I'd say he is smart and lucky. What about that do you find offensive?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So you are stating you are a licensed guide and outfitter in the state of Wyoming? I know the answer. You state you make a living doing it.

quote:
AnotherAZWriter

You also are a contractor.

I have a question, why are you being a little bitch and pissing all over a great thread? I have personally guided with JR in multiple states and 2 countries. What is your issue?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't get it either. I was actually just thinking yesterday that Ravenr really has his priorities straight. Too many hunters today think it is all about the number of species you can kill, getting the Conklin award, etc.

They miss the simple pleasures of taking a lever gun, a flyrod, and some gear into the country of their choosing to just enjoy the outdoors.

If Ravenr is an outfitter who is also a contractor, good for him. He has the flexibility to do what he wants with his time. I am sure being a full time guide would be a challenging way to make a living, to say nothing of how you will retire.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful pics. Every thread you post is full of great pictures and I always enjoy watching your threads. tu2

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2094 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell you what shawnmc
You claim knowledge of me and have a problem
about something or other.
Why don't you come on up to the house and you can repeat your problem, and we can visit about
how to solve your problem?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is the internet, I guess you can be who ever you want to be. Mean while we will let the G&F and Wyoming Outfitters Association decide if he is a licensed guide and makes a living off of paying clients.

quote:
I have personally guided with JR in multiple states and 2 countries. What is your issue?

A stocked game farm in Texas hardly qualifies. Roll Eyes

And two countries, USA and Mexico. Licensed there to?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why don't you come on up to the house and you can repeat your problem, and we can visit about how to solve your problem?

rotflmo

Now you are going to beat me up since the truth is out. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is the internet, I guess you can be who ever you want to be. Mean while we will let the G&F and Wyoming Outfitters Association decide if he is a licensed guide and makes a living off of paying clients.

quote:
I have personally guided with JR in multiple states and 2 countries. What is your issue?

A stocked game farm in Texas hardly qualifies. Roll Eyes

In Colorado you operate under the license of the outfitter, in New Mexico you can act as the agent and representative of the landowner and in Mexico you just need to show up genius. Nothing like an anonymous guy taking shots at somebody else over the Internet. What a douche bag

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made no threat in my post.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was a question. Genius!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In Colorado you operate under the license of the outfitter, in New Mexico you can act as the agent and representative of the landowner and in Mexico you just need to show up genius.

In Wyoming you need a license, and work under an outfitter. Even if you so much as take a pair of binoculars for your efforts. And yeah you can get around it by leasing the horses and going along as a wrangler. Happens all the time, but touchy. But to admit you make a living doing it, you need to be legal.

Keep bouncing your pm's back and forth to your 20 year friend. Who hasn't even lived in Wyoming 20 years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For someone who knows so much you
seem to be asking alot of question and
making some rash statements.
When I work in Wyo. I do so as a leagally
licensed guide. Genius!
Game and Fish? Sure! Give G. Brown or M.Black,J.Longabardi a call and ask him about me or B.Holder and W.Cummings in Co.
both are wardens for the State of Co.
Outfitters Board? You will find I had a guide license last year and say hello to L.Livingston for me.
Good luck with your research and would you report
back what you find?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
In Colorado you operate under the license of the outfitter, in New Mexico you can act as the agent and representative of the landowner and in Mexico you just need to show up genius.

In Wyoming you need a license, and work under an outfitter. Even if you so much as take a pair of binoculars for your efforts. And yeah you can get around it by leasing the horses and going along as a wrangler. Happens all the time, but touchy. But to admit you make a living doing it, you need to be legal.

Keep bouncing your pm's back and forth to your 20 year friend. Who hasn't even lived in Wyoming 20 years.

I know you need to be licensed in Wyoming, I've been licensed in Wyoming. I was merely answering your question. The "genius" comment was because you threatened him with calling fish and game and he has done nothing illegal in the areas I mentioned. I've never hunted with him in Wyoming but my guess is that he is on the up and up there as well.

Who are you? What's your name? I'm curious and regardless of your motivation the fact that you even mentioned another mans wife in an effort to discredit or demean a man shows the class, or lack thereof, of you. You want to have a beef with ravenr then get after it but be a man about it and leave the women out of it. Shawnmc is a low rent, classless piece of shit IMO for pulling that stunt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And some people wonder why fewer and fewer members post pictures.

The only problem I have with the above pictures is that it makes me hate living on the east coast even more.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
As long as a man is happy doing what he is doing and his wife/family are content with the life they have, it is really none of the business of the internet vigilante's to harass him for simply sharing a little portion of his life with the folks on this or any other site.

Regardless of anything else that has taken place on this site between me and anyone Ravenr was generous enough to share his pictures with all of us.

I for one enjoy Ravenr's pictures, and I for one am happy for him living the life he has chosen. I hope he keeps on sharing his adventures with us.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I see the jealously and hate is alive and well on this forum as well as the African forum. A private PM would have served the forum better and possibly answered your concerns. Wonderful pictures of the Western USA....thank you for the post. Ignore the ignornant's ingnorance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Gary Brown quite well. I have known him for over 20 years. I knew him when he was warden in Saratoga. As well as Jerry Longobardi, even when he was in Baggs. Kevin Hurley, know him to. He is retired.

I enjoy the pictures to, but the B.S. that goes with it, is some what hard to swallow. Make a living? Not hardly. Just don't try to pull the wool over all the folks that visit here.

One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
All,
These kinds of attacks at best are petty Junior High Girl crap.
At worst they are one person trying to remove the "pursuit of happiness" from another by the application of vitriol. It is epidemic today in our culture, if one can use that word to describe the actions we so often see today.
So: Mister naysayer ShawnMC, unless ravenr is stealing your money to live his life, just go away and leave him and us alone to the pursuit of our happiness. We enjoy the pictures and the stories.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is illegal to guide, or preform pack trips for pay, unless you are a licensed guide, working for a licensed outfitter. Don't blow smoke up the arses of the unknowing.

And Joe doesn't make a "living" guiding and packing.