New
Find
Notify
Tools

High Desert Mulies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I hunted with a friend of mine in the far north east corner of New Mexico. This is not an area known to throw out B&C mulies. We hunted hard and got lucky. Both taken on the same day. My buck is a 4x4 with eyeguards, his is a fabulous 3x3. Nice big blocky bodied bucks. I actually have a picture of the 3x3 bedded in a rocky canyon. I am a muley fanatic and this area is a sleeper for big deer.

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Nice Racks, Huge Bodies! Hope you could drive close to load 'em.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
kroil,
welcome to our forum, congrat''s on all your hunts. all your pix's are great and thank you for shareing.
regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are magnificent Muies!!!
Don

One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
Great deer!

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We get some really nice 190 plus bucks near you, but across the line in Texas and a little further South..Eastern NM and Western Texas, North of Odessa/Midland, in that sandhill country produce some monster deer, the best kept secret going today...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of madabula
posted Hide Post
West Texas definatley has some great dessert mulies. We recently delived a magnificent pair to Nikon Sport Optics for display at the 2008 ShotShow. Outfitter was Trans Pecos Guide Service

Dessert Mulies

double muledeer pedestal mount

Your Friend Afield

Mike O

Posts: 290 | Location: louisville ky | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful. I can't sleep some nights just thinking about Mulies and I think I am going to try the Oddessa area. Thanks for the pics.

One of Us
Picture of madabula
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those are beautiful. I can't sleep some nights just thinking about Mulies and I think I am going to try the Oddessa area. Thanks for the pics.

I hunted west of Oddessa a coupe years back with Wayne Zachary and saw the widest muley I have ever seen live or dead. Unfortunately it was in a heavy blowing snow and we never got on him. He is still running or died of old age.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you do lions? I shot a whopper a few weeks ago (see my post) and I have a smaller female that i want to have done. Got any pics?

One of Us
Picture of madabula
posted Hide Post
Very nice "kitty"!

We do a lot of cats.

I'm working on huge African male lion right now! and finished the new SCI World Record Muzzleloader Leopard in Dec. Several are on my site and I'll gladly send you more pictures.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
If any of you guys are interested in hunting these big bucks, I think I still have two openings for the 2009 season. It's cheaper than Mexico and these deer are made in America! beer

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
If any of you guys are interested in hunting these big bucks, I think I still have two openings for the 2009 season. It's cheaper than Mexico and these deer are made in America! beer

Please tell us all about your mule deer hunts Ray Ray...

diggin

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote