New
Find
Notify
Tools

LONG SHOT ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
tmoore4627 I believe a lot of guys are starting to use this bullet and I myself just worked up a load with a 105 grain A-Max for my 6mm-284. I would like to say not all long range hunters use MatchKings some use Accubonds or A-max bullets, Ballistic Tips, and custom hunting bullets with High BC's.

KA Firearms Customization LLC
Firearm Coating, Gun and Optics Sales
www.kafirearmsllc.com/

Posts: 370 | Location: Buxton, ND | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
You can make shots at those distances but in his case ithink luck had alot to do with it.
I have personaly witnesed some shots that were mind bogling,I have an uncle that has killed alot of elk at distances farther than that.But in his case he new the hillside that he was shooting at and he did it for years.I also know he wounded as many as killed.I shoot alot at long range but I dont shoot at animals when I do.So it is totally possible to kill at that range,as like I said I have witnesed it.I do believe he probably should have kept it off the net with the sharpie and poster paper though.
The bullet looks to be a bit larger than .308 though,pictures can play tricks though.Some of todays better sniper can and do make shots at 1mile or so with .338 bullets using wilcats from canada.Im not a huge fan of canadian gun laws but thier military snipers are top notch.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote