THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    South East Missouri Elk Herd is almost ready.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South East Missouri Elk Herd is almost ready.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Elk are being gathered in KY for Relocation and Reintroduction into South East Missouri. No illness at all in the KY Elk, but they are still going to be held in Quarantine for 90days or so. Blood Samples are being drawn, immunizations given along with a bunch of TLC.

If they do as well in Missouri as they have done in KY(which they should), in 5-7 years they will be ready for a Limited Hunt. Then in another 2-3 years Missouri will have enough Elk to offer a good many Hunts.

Best of luck with your new Herd! tu2

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to some great pix of Arkansas elk:
http://www.pbase.com/compton_p.../arkansas_elk&page=1

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
Here's a link to some great pix of Arkansas elk:
http://www.pbase.com/compton_p.../arkansas_elk&page=1

Those are some great pictures. Thanks for posting them. It seems like all of the bulls pictured have very dark antlers with bright "ivory tips". Is that a result of them rubbing on a certain type of tree that grows in Arkansas? Just curious....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
It all sounds good I just wish they would have started thirty years ago.

The odds for us Missouri boys drawing a tag will be better in Arizona.

It is a start though.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And I hope it goes better than Kansas. Those darned elk just wouldn't stay in the Cimmaron Grasslands or on Fort Riley so the locals just started shooting them off their land since they competed with the cattle. OOPS, no more SW Kansas elk season.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Really hope these herds take off in the great plains, I keep telling myself that when my son grows up he will be able to hunt them in his own state.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote