Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Outfitter Recomendation?
 Login/Join

posted
My company would like to send two people from three different customers of ours somewhere that they can each harvest a nice whitetail buck. We are willing to spend about $2,500 per hunter. Can anyone recomend any good outfitters in central, west, or south Texas? Feel free to PM me if you like.

Thank you in advance!

Posts: 4 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flame,
I sent you a pm.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
I have always had good luck at Stower's Ranch for whitetail--good sized for Hill country bucks. They also have some terrific axis bucks--all on 10,000+ acres without a cross-fence. Jimmy Harrell has been the manager for years. www.stowersranch.com

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Post your question on the hunting forum of http://www.2coolfishing.com

You'll be inundated with good suggestions. It's a very, very popular Texas (mostly South Texas) forum.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
A lot depends on what you consider to be a "nice buck." $2500 likely puts you in West Texas or management buck territory. Of course that may still be a lot nicer than what I have taken!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I would consider a 'nice buck' to be 130 class or better.

Posts: 4 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flame:
I would consider a 'nice buck' to be 130 class or better.

It sounds like your expectations and budget should be reasonably close. Sorry for the question, but sometimes people have unrealistic expectations.

The Stasney's Cook Ranch does management hunts up to 125 B&C for $2750.

Mesquite Country Outfitters offers management bucks ("mature cull bucks") for $2000 but does not say much more about them, although I suspect they may be below 130.

Vinson Ranches lists mature management deer at $2500.

The King Ranch gets $1,250 for a cull and $3,250 for a management buck. Some of their management bucks appear to score close to 150.

I know someone who might have some big eight-type hunts available in South Texas -- not sure.

I know a person who works on the Rancho Cueva from another board (the one recommended above, 2Coolfishing.com) and they offer up to 129" for $1750. There are a couple of others on that board who do hunts as well.

These are just some examples from the Web. Some of these places I know by reputation, from talking to them, or hunting in the area, but I do not know all of them. SO CAVEAT EMPTOR.

These guys may also all be booked up for the year.

There are so many places in Texas and I have no doubt there are quite a few with good hunts in your price range. Best of luck to you.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for all the posted and PMed references. I have received some very good ones for sure. If anyone else has any please post or PM.

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Call Wayne Zachary with Trans Pecos Guide Service. He runs a top notch camp. He is on the web. Adios,
Kevin

Posts: 10 | Location: Clint, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote