Notify
Tools

Are you an NRA member?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Quote:

No, the man is not wrong. That attitude will get us into a situation worse than yours in Canada.

How the hell would you know why I am NRA member or not??

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mark in SC
posted Hide Post
My signature below says it all.

Posts: 692 | Location: South Carolina Lowcountry | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gatehouse, I don't follow your comment at all. I didn't say anything about why you are an NRA member or not. I said that 43deer was not wrong in what he said, which I realize you disagree with, but let's not get to finger pointing about statements not made.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Member since I got my first gun in '74 (Life). Bought a Life membership for my Son on his 18th B-Day and bought another Life membership for my wife last year.

Not just a magazine member, I�ve been active with Friends of NRA since '98 and Committee Chairman for past 3 years; member of New Mexico NRA Field Support Team and Secretary of the NRA local affiliate New Mexico Shooting Sports Association.

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Well after 68 replies it is promising to see that only two are not members. Nobody volunteered to explain why they are not members so I guess I can assume my assumptions are correct:

1. They don't care about their gun rights, thus they wouldn't give a shit if they were told tomorrow that they could never go hunting again or own that cool Glock.

2. Agree with current gun control laws, and think they (the laws) are doing some good for the country and keeping us all safe.

3. Can't afford it.

4. Something the NRA did or said pissed them off, and they can't get over it.

As I said earlier, they are not perfect, and I certainly don't worship them by any means, but I just think that without the NRA or something similar we'd be looking for new hobbies.

Arts

Above is the post by 43deer.

To which I replied "wrong on all counts "

The reason I replied "wrong.." was that he made a list of assumptions for why I didn't belong to the NRA. He was clearly adressing me and the other person that didn't belng to the NRA.

To which you replied "The man is not wrong..." Implying that one of 43deers list of reasons was correct.

So, I asked the question "how would you know my reasoning?"
To which you replied:

Quote:

Gatehouse, I don't follow your comment at all. I didn't say anything about why you are an NRA member or not. I said that 43deer was not wrong in what he said, which I realize you disagree with, but let's not get to finger pointing about statements not made.

Read his first comments carefully. "Noone replied....so I guess my assumptions are right."

None of his listed reasons have anything to do with why I am not an NRA member...And you would have no idea what my reason is, so how could you reply "the man is not wrong?" ..Understand now?

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A big THANK YOU for the support from all the NRA members -- and especially the veterans!

John Frazer
NRA Federal Affairs (and Endowment Member)

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Mr. Gatehouse, I guess I don't read it the same as you do. I don't read his statement as being addressed to you specifically. He does not mention your name. So I was not making any reference to you. If I were, I would use your name. I try and not "infer" if possible. Seems to get one in hot water to often. I do agree with him though, that one of those answers applies to US citizens that aren't NRA members. I note where you are from Canada, which certainly puts you in a different catagory. I don't think the NRA does much, if anything, for you folks, so I don't blame you for not being a member. I'm sure I wouldn't be, were I a Canadian.

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Well, you read it differently than, I but it's not really worth pursuing it, is it?

The reason I am not an NRA member is, of course quite simple, and you are correct- I'm Canadian..

And my original posts had smileys on them to indicate that I was just being funny

If I was an American, or lived in the USA, I'd join the NRA.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad we got that cleared up!

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
100% lifer.

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
You bet!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Life Member

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote