New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you an NRA member?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Of course. My dad was an NRA instructor and every male member of the family (my dad was youngest of 7 children each of whom had 4 kids) growing up was an NRA member as well. No, wasn't a male only club, none of the women had any interest in guns or hunting. None ever complained about it either.
Stay well,
Paul

Posts: 59 | Location: USA | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, since I was old enough to join!!! If not for the NRA we would be like the UK,Germany, and Australia.

Hawkeye47

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes. Life Member. Twin sons Junior Life Members.

You may not agree with everything about the NRA, but exactly who in the world do you agree with everything on? The important thing to remember is that the NRA and its efforts are some of the very few things that still stand between the rights of Americans and the anti-gun nuts. You gotta pull together!

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Definitely! Just renewed annual membership.

Posts: 48 | Location: Mo. | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
life member

Posts: 227 | Location: Bakersfield Ca. USA | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
no

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Whelen Nut
posted Hide Post
U betcha

Posts: 249 | Location: Northeast WI | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lifer

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Member since 1969, Life member since 1989.

Bob

Posts: 439 | Location: Goldsboro, NC 27530 | Registered: 25 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A life member and proud of it!

Posts: 32 | Location: Boise,Idaho | Registered: 30 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
No...

And probably will never be a member.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
NRA Life Member since 1982. There's no one else to fight for
our rights. Any excuses to the contrary are BS, as far as I'm concerned!!

bowhuntr

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes I am, and I agree that everyone who wants to hunt with or own a gun should support the NRA.Their fighting for our rights!

Posts: 8 | Location: Florida | Registered: 23 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Annual from 1976 to 1992. (As I recall back then you had to have a member vouch for your good character before applying.) Life since then. Also, charter member of Second Amendment Task Force.

I agree that our 4 million membership is the greatest obstacle to losing most, if not all of our gun rights.
As my guns and handloading equipment give me enormous pleasure, I have included the NRA in my will.

I have tried to get some of my hunting friends to join the cause for decades. Most boo-hoo about the yearly dues being too much and don't believe that their government could ever end their gun ownership. But they are the kind of guys who, when asked on a fishing trip, demand a guarantee they will catch fish or else they won't spend the money. Those same guys are not registered to vote, either. That's the real shame. As we all know the getting and keeping of pro-gun politicians in office is the end game of all our donations and grass roots efforts.

In 1980 I quit my 10 year membership at a gun club that was only 1 mile away from home. As I was renewing my annual dues I asked why the club was not affiliated with the NRA. A club officer, hearing my question wasn't getting an adequate answer, came out of his office and flatly stated that the majority of board members thought that VP Harlon Carter made too much money. I was shocked! I demanded my money back and haven't been there since. Since then I've had to travel 20 to 40 miles to the two clubs I now belong to. I was at the annual 'hunters and farmers' nite (I am both) this past autumn and hung on one wall were two giant bank checks. From accross the room all I could make out were the letters "NRA". I assumed it to be the aggregate of the members giving for that year. Wrong. It was money FROM the NRA to the club for improvements to the ranges and for Junior programs. It was sure nice to see some of my money returned close to home for a change instead of having to pay lawyers in Washington, D C.

I wish I could have made it to the annual members meeting in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago. I did attend the 1998 Philadelphia convention. Wayne, Charleton, Ollie North, Joe Foss gave me such a patriotic feeling it's hard to describe.
I truly believe that every American gunowner should be an NRA member. A special thanks to our foreign members like Saeed for their support.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot........ I'm the NRA < !--color-->

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NRA Employee and member. Oh yeah, and SCI member too.
Doug

Posts: 229 | Location: Asheville, NC USA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, NRA member! along with everyone in my huntclub.....

Posts: 358 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: 14 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Benefactor, Member since 1955. Son is Lifer.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
But of course! Wife and I both are NRA Members as well as CCW permits holders in CO.

Posts: 593 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes I am

Posts: 64 | Location: Utah | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Yup!

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Endowment Member, and my son is a Life Member.

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Life Member, and I agree, you should have to show your NRA membership to get a hunting license. Everyone in our gun club is required to be a member.

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Life.
What amazes me is the number of non-U.S. citizens that are members.

Posts: 238 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 05 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Life endowment member

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a life member, have been since May of '68. Been working on local FNRA Committee for 6 years--chairman now. I noted a couple guys said that they were not. It would be interesting to hear their explanations as to why.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
Yes, annual. Will be a Life Member one day, if only to keep them from sending me a renewal form every month .

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You betcha!

Posts: 32 | Location: Gilbert, Mn | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
YEP

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Lifer for 20 years and throw $100/year to ILA.
"From my cold dead hands"

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well after 68 replies it is promising to see that only two are not members. Nobody volunteered to explain why they are not members so I guess I can assume my assumptions are correct:

1. They don't care about their gun rights, thus they wouldn't give a shit if they were told tomorrow that they could never go hunting again or own that cool Glock.

2. Agree with current gun control laws, and think they (the laws) are doing some good for the country and keeping us all safe.

3. Can't afford it.

4. Something the NRA did or said pissed them off, and they can't get over it.

As I said earlier, they are not perfect, and I certainly don't worship them by any means, but I just think that without the NRA or something similar we'd be looking for new hobbies.

Posts: 96 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 28 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
43DEER

No I am not a member of the NRA. I was an anual member for quite a long time but never could bring myself to become a lifer due to some nagging doubts about the effectiveness and dependability of the NRA. To me it seems they are very willing to compromise on to many important points. I look at the support they gave the Brady bill and the" assault weapons" ban as examples. The rational was that these are not "sporting guns" and if we make this a fight then we might loose even more. Well I want to make a fight of this issue. I want to see REAL chalenges to unconstitutional laws, I want to see risks taken because without these things the BEST we can do is slow down the anti's progres, we will never stop them let alone reverse the already enacted laws.
The NRA has not shown anything to make me believe they are willing to do this.

No I can not in good concious be a member of a group that seeks appeasment by trading some of my freedoms away.
This does NOT mean I am not involved in the fight. On the contrary, I participate in many smaller grass roots organizations that also fight the good fight. I am member of GOA, I am VERY active in local/state politics, and I never miss an oportunity to have a rational discussion with anyone who sees guns as a danger. These discussions may well be the best approach we have to keeping our rights, because there is no sound evidence that supports the anti's case. As long as we keep a clear head and present ourselvess well we do come out ahead in the end. The NRA is certainly the biggest voice, I just disagree with too much of what it says today.

No personal issues with them at all just disagree with their stratagey and methodes.

Posts: 231 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Life member since 1965 ... if you shoot, or hunt the NRA is a must ..

Posts: 45 | Location: NorthCentral PA - USA | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
Yes. I am an annual member.

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My dad, me since I was 12 and now my wife, too. I might add, that probably 25% of the men in our church, too.

Posts: 341 | Location: Janesville,CA, USA | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Life member

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For a very long time.

They haven't done all I'd like them to do at times ... but splitting the funding and the support doesn't strike me as being smart.

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
43deer: Yes I am proud to be an Endowment Member of the National Rifle Association. First joined in 1967.
Long live the NRA!
Thank God for the NRA!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Well after 68 replies it is promising to see that only two are not members. Nobody volunteered to explain why they are not members so I guess I can assume my assumptions are correct:

1. They don't care about their gun rights, thus they wouldn't give a shit if they were told tomorrow that they could never go hunting again or own that cool Glock.

2. Agree with current gun control laws, and think they (the laws) are doing some good for the country and keeping us all safe.

3. Can't afford it.

4. Something the NRA did or said pissed them off, and they can't get over it.

As I said earlier, they are not perfect, and I certainly don't worship them by any means, but I just think that without the NRA or something similar we'd be looking for new hobbies.

Wrong on all counts...

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, the man is not wrong. That attitude will get us into a situation worse than yours in Canada.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wrong on all counts

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote