Find
Notify
Tools

358SAUM reamer?
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
Anyone got one of these?
I've got a super lightweight mexican mauser in 358 win that this might be a "cool" upgrade...

of course, it would immediately reduce the 358's inherent value!!

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff

I kind of had the same thought. except on the WSM platform, more case capacity, for its larger bore. Was even contemplating doing my BLR into this wild cat. All i would need would be a magazine from a WSM, BLR( they are detachable) and maybe some bolt face work, and the reaming, viola' instant moose thumper, but it shoots so well in the .358 winnie i couldnt do it.

Well i didnt answer your question but i would have to guess that by now there should be a reamer for every caliber size in both wizzums and saums, them wild catters dont take long. Check with Redding to see if they offer dies for it, if they do then theres a reamer. somewhere.

Posts: 498 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 22 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
the 35 on the wsm is called the 35 wapiti the reamer should be avaliable. el jeffe... why the saum?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I just like the look of the SAUM better. Had a reason at one time, just forgot it. Still, back to you Jeffeosso. What was your reasoning? Packy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Personally I believe this is what Remington should have made and placed in the Model 7 rather than resurrect the 350RemMag. Would have given the SAUM case a reason to live. If someone has a reamer and is willing to send it to Australia on loan ... I'll certainly make use of it!
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,

Why not just take the 300 (or 325) WSM reamer with a 358 bushing and then a 358 neck and throat reamer and make your own 358 WSM? I do think the brass will be around a lot longer than the SAUM stuff

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote