Find
Notify
Tools

Accuracy-Push feed vs. CRF
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Chuck, Name calling and cursing are as always your main strengths. Obviously you are much better at that than selecting a firearm.

Hot Core, what part of that statement didn't you mean? I would take that as a direct slag against the individual I choose to build my rifles. Getting dizzy yet?

Chuck

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kutenay:
Actually, I have testified in court quite often and with considerable success; in one instance, the presiding Judge, upon my being sworn, stated, "ah, from a fine old B.C. family", when he heard my surname.

...quite frankly, those of us whose families built this Province understand our system and how to get what we want accomplished.

To instigate a problem for a non-resident alien hunter is easy and popular opinion would be and is strongly in support of this; getting a license pulled or denied is very simple, believe me, it is.

So, as a fine Canadian citizen, "from a fine old B.C. family", you have no problem saying that you would knowingly and willingly file false charges and make false accusations, "to get what we want accomplished"?

This, coming from a professed proud former member of the "law enforcement community"...

Yeah, I bet you did just great in court. Hell, I'm no attorney, and I have no problem picking your "story" apart.

"But your honor, I don't like his attitude, and besides, he's a NON-RESIDENT ALIEN AMERICAN! Eeker Take his license, confiscate his rifle, and lock him up! It's for the good of Canada, we need to save our country from attitudes that differ from MINE! Besides, I'm from an IMPORTANT family! Don't you know who I am??? Red Face"

Oh yeah, you'd be a riot to watch in court, under oath... Roll Eyes

I've got half a mind to get a BC license next year, post it here for you to see, and then let you just TRY to deny me using it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kutenay:

"To instigate a problem for a non-resident alien hunter is easy and popular opinion would be and is strongly in support of this; getting a license pulled or denied is very simple, believe me, it is."

Whilst I hear your personal views, may I ask whether the Canadian professional bodies would support your professional/judicial ethics?

I sincerely hope they would condemn them as much as any reasonable thinking person would.

I would also think that your comments could constitute a 'threat' (either actual or constructive) which could in fact be in breach of civil and criminal law... given that this forum has international membership, your comments may also be in breach of international laws.... 'family background' notwithstanding...

You sound like either a Law student, or a VERY young (and foolish) junior attorney to me...

btw, people with 'real influence' that stems from family heritage don't need to publicise the fact... they use their influence 'behind the scenes'... and keep their heritage to themselves.

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As I have said and I think quite clearly, the opinions of foreigners are of absolutely NO consequence to me, period. The attempts to impugn my motives, mock my experience, insult my family and deliberately distort my comments by posting only part of the comments I made, on another thread, are beneath contempt. This is EXACTLY the type of behaviour that is, as I have also pointed out, what is driving the growing anti-nonresident hunting movement here in B.C.

It seems that Cold Bore and this other foreigner think that they have some RIGHT to hunt in B.C., that is NOT the case and attempting to denigrate me or imply that my motives are anything other than a concern for MY heritage are self-defeating and vile. But, what the fuck, I have been giving a lot of thought to whether I should become active in the movement to end ALL nonresident hunting here in B.C. and these two posts, by non-Canadians, tend to make me think that I should do so and I probably will.

While the outrageous lies, arrogance and belief in cultural imperialism, demonstrated by Cold Bore may compell him to attempt to hunt in B.C., the net effect of his bullshit and bravado will be to end all hunting by foreigners in B.C. This is a very popular attitude here now, endorsed by two of the three main political parties, the Aboriginal people and a sunstantial portion of resident B.C. hunters; only an utter fool, with absolutely NO ethics and motivated by a desire to "win" an argument at any cost would attempt to vilify one of the minority of people here who are willing to support nonresident hunting, albeit with some changes.

Once again, my first duty is to BC and I will do whatever it takes to protect my wilderness and cultural heritage from ecologically destructive and unsporting foreign influences, period. The opinions of foreigners mean nothing to me, in fact, their rantings and personal slights simply strenghen my resolve and that of other BC folks to protect what is ours.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
All I can say is, when you hunt out-of-state or out-of-country, you do so as a privilaged guest, and you are duty-bound and honor-bound to play by the rules of that state or country. I do not consider hunting, even in my own state, to be a right, but a privilage. I do not begrudge any state or country I hunt in to charge higher non-resident fees. After all, profit is a strong motivator, and those who have a vested interest in any property or enterprise tend to take care of it long-term.

From what I've seen, Canada does a fine job of managing its wildlife resources, and the Canadian wildlife professionals I've dealt with have been just that -- professional. I've never had one single complaint, and I've been dealt with a lot worse coming back into my own country than I have entering and leaving Canada. That's just the way it's been.

I think too many candy-asses who want something for nothing whine about "rights" in this day and age. I'm more concerned with what I can honorably earn.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
I might just add to this, that this entire thread has been systematically downgraded from it's inception, by a few guys who seem to be more interested in causing trouble than anything else. To accuse someone of being willing to act in a less than professional manner and to support this by "cut and paste" computer techniques is the oldest and least valid method of internet argument there is.

I have made the point, very clearly, that I and other BC hunters, LEOs and so forth would and will report those whom we see or suspect of acting in a fashion that is not acceptable to us, to the Provincial authorities. This is what we are encouraged to do in the synopsis of the BC Hunting Regs. and I have never stated that any of us would instigate false charges or anything else. To accuse me of such behaviour is not only untruthful, it demonstrates how weak the argument of the accuser is and how cheap and shoddy their ethics are.....anything to "win" a debate.

We in BC are well aware of the fact that we have a bounty of game animals that cannot be found in most other areas of the World, many of us have striven for years to protect this heritage and to insist that any of us are somehow unethical is totally unacceptable. The highest moral value here is the protection of the game itself and our cultural values are the determining factor in how that is done.

Cold Bore has deliberately and maliciously misrepresented my actual position and rugeruser has accused me of violation of international law simply because of my position in respect of protecting BC's wildlife from activities that I deem unacceptable. Cold Bore does not realize that many of the decisions concerning this situation in BC are actually based on public demonstrations against nonresident hunters and instigating these is both easy and is my birthright. The current authorities are very sensitive to this and to personal complaints about perceived problems in our gamefields, my point here is that they will listen to me and others like me BECAUSE they know us to be men of absolute integrity, considerable experience and genuine concern.....this happens in any representative democracy, his ugly insinuations about my intentions notwithstanding.

As to ...international law...what bullshit, BC is governed by BC and Canadian laws and any nonsense to the contrary sounds like the self-obsessed rantings of a PETA or IFAW whacko; perhaps rugeruser is not as erudite with respect to law, culture and BC hunting practices and ethics as he wants us to think he is. It is the highest form of both cultural honour and sportsmanship, IMO, to take the time and trouble to warn the authorities about those who behave in a fashion that contradicts BC hunting ethics and practices, this includes Bear baiting, ultra-longrange sniping, leaving meat in the bush due to trophy lust and so forth. If, this makes me a bad guy in the eyes of ANY foreigner, all I have to say is...keep out of BC, it is NOT your country, it's mine!

BTW, the use of family influence behind the scenes in an egalitarian society such as BC strikes me as rather unethical, this is why I have and do conduct my environmental activities in public, as I have done here. Maybe, rugeruser, you should learn something about BC, our laws and traditions before you make such foolish remarks concerning this topic.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Ya-da, Ya-da, Ya-da....

Everyday I appreciate the United States more and more, but it's becoming a pain in the ass to carry the world's water and put up with their bullshit.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, Woods, you make my day with your incisive, witty and so relevant comments....your self portraits are most amusing, I didn't realize that you were a female, but, given your menopausal maunderings, I should have!

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Hey, that cartoon was funny!!

But on a serious note, has it occurred to you that what's happening in your country and what your aiding and abetting (let me do a little "cut and paste" here)

quote:
the net effect of his bullshit and bravado will be to end all hunting by foreigners in B.C. This is a very popular attitude here now, endorsed by two of the three main political parties

is just the start of liberal policies (you do have a few liberals there in Canada, don't you). Next, they will be after you in incremental ways until they have your hunting and your guns.

And in the end, you can say to yourself that your were a fool to ally yourself with them.

To tell you the truth, there would be a lot of us here on the forum that would agree.

Oh, by the way I meant to apologize to those like rugeruser who are not from the US but have been carrying their share. We do notice and we do appreciate it.

Without guns we are subjects, with guns we are citizens

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Woods, you know nothing about Canada or BC or our situation with respect to hunting, your comments are simply an attempt to irritate me and are foolish. If, you could actually comprehend what I have said, I would try to emlighten you, but, that is a hopeless task.

Once more, the majority of the people in BC who want to ban outright foreign hunting here are BC hunters and Aboriginals. The idea that if we dare to keep our resource for ourselves we will then lose our hunting rights is so preposterous that even your limited intellect should be able to see it as bullshit.

You mention my being a fool by supporting the methods of hunting, sportsmanship and the recommendations concerning these set forth by the BC Hunting Regs. synopsis, in short, restrictions on various types of hunting and this includes who is allowed to hunt here. What you do not realize, in your ignorant arrogance, is that quite a number of these were requested by members of the BCWF, me among them. So, as usual, your boasting and references to what others on this forum may think are just horseshit.

But, what you and the few who side with you still CANNOT seem to grasp is that people here are rapidly changing their opinions about who should be allowed to do what in our wilderness; nonresident hunting is almost certainly going to be banned within the coming decade and it is only people like me who will even think twice about it. Any crap about Canada or our cultural practices or any boastful rhetoric about who has what right here is simply going to hasten that process, most people here now simply don't care what your type of American thinks, thank gawd you are in the minority.

Why is it so difficult for you to realize that it is your comments that are helping the antis and why should I bother to lobby for at least some nonresident hunting when you and your few wingnut pals act as you do??? Funny, yeah, you are a riot and a self-defeating one at that!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kutenay,

my response was based solely on what you have posted in his thread...

As to my being a member of some anti gun/animal rights movements, I suggest you do a brief search (it shouldn't be beyond your capabilities - howver, I'm sure that there is someone in your family who might be able to show you...)

As to 'foreign opinions', they may not matter to you, however, they can often be a source of income (eg guided hunting, with the known spinoffs of tourist spending) to the very people you claim to be 'protecting'.

May I respectfully suggest that you think outside your own little square, and take into account the economic and social wellbeing of the 'people' (not the elite) of your state.

Woods, thanks...

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had always considered British Colombia to be a much friendlier place but after watching Kutenay evolve in these posts then maybe his government is right in their endeavor to disarm the populace. Hopefully by and large the population is not as easily drawn into ranting and spewing nationalist fervor/ nonresident hate.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
That attitude is perfect for developing agricultural ghettos. Kutenay ought to change his user name to Mugabe.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Given Kutenay's rantings and ravings, I'm beginning to think that my ex has moved to BC! Big Grin

He/she sounds exactly like my ex when confronted with opinions that differ from her own... especially when they might contain some facts...

All good fun, and I hope we can all rest assured that the good people of BC will resist the influence of 'wannabe despots' such as Kutenay.

Given my profession, I've learnt that the way a person expresses themselves says more about them than it does about their perceived opponents...