THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Which brand of rifle is the most accurate that you have ever shot
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which brand of rifle is the most accurate that you have ever shot
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the question was FACTORY and ACCURACY...
gentlemen, of the scores reviewed, the FUGLY savage wins, most of the time, in accuracy .. not looks, not in-shop customs, (rem 40x and such need not apply) but walmart/sears/kmart guns...

i don't LIKE my savage 270, in terms of looks, stock, or factory trigger.. (stevens 200) but it is nearly as accurate as some of the guns i've built for myself... and cost'ed less than a good trigger for a remington...

the no-holds-barred most accuracte rifle i've owned? 222 on a shilen DGA and a 1.24" douglas barrel.. it my wife shot it in the 2s, she was pissed.. if i shot it in the 3s, i wasn't happy .. but it had ZERO "factory"...

mausers? gentlemen, no m98 need apply, once a 1903 is uncased ...

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite and most accurate guns are my Weatherby Accumark 338-378 Weatherby's.I have shot a ton of 3/8" groups at 100 yards and alot of .25" groups at 100.It has shot under an inch at 300 yards most of the time if the wind is right.I am fixing to try Lapua 338 bullets in it both the 300 and 250 gr sentar bullets.Those have about 2600 pounds of energy at 1000 yards with the 300 gr bullet starting at 3000 fps.It really kicks butt.It makes other calibers below the 50 bmg look silly.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Like all the other threads dealing with rifle accuracy, my own conclusion is that it depends on the individual rifle you get, not the brand.

So I didn't and won't vote on this thread.

Two of the most inaccurate out of the box factory rifles I have ever bought were a Sako .25-06, and a Tikko high dollar heavy-barreled tactical rifle in.308 Winchester. A third was a Savage single-shot heavy-barrel .220 Swift.

That doesn't mean that any are innaccurate makes, just that those three partricular rifles were genuine bummers. "Stuff" happens sometimes on all companies' production lines including the production of the occasional super-accurate rifle.

I have gotten VERY accurate rifles, right out of the box, from Remington, S&L, Steyr, others, and even an FN-FAL!

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The most accurate Factory rifles I have shot, and seen shot, are the Blaser R93, and R8, the Steyr's, and the Accuracy International's.

Also I have seen several hundred Remington 700 Varmint, and Police Sniper rifles shot in 308.
All of them shot good, some very,very, good.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
The most accurate Factory rifles I have shot, and seen shot, are the Blaser R93, and R8, the Steyr's, and the Accuracy International's.

Also I have seen several hundred Remington 700 Varmint, and Police Sniper rifles shot in 308.
All of them shot good, some very,very, good.

Me too N E .450 No. 2! I apologize for ny lousy typing. It is just that for rhe last few minutes I've been having a crummy physical problem which has severely limited my ability to type. Anyway, I've been trying to say that despite the several hundred rifles I've owned and the many other thousands I've seen fired and competed against in the last 66 years of active shooting, that isn't enough statistically to reach any solid, valid, conclusions as to which make is the most accurate.

Best wishes.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Savage Mod. 16 (I forget the alphabet soup that comes after that) w/ss barrel and syn. accustock/accutrigger.
In 250 Savage.
Never shot any factory ammo in it but it doesn't seem to care what powder or bullets go through it.
It only shoots sub-MOA until the barrel gets dirty after about 25 to 30 rounds then it will let me know with an "occasional" flyer. Then it becomes a MOA to 1-1/4 sometimes a 1-1/2 MOA rifle.
Run a little Shooters Choice or Hoppe's through, little brush job and a few patches and it is good as new. Cleans up supper easy.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alberta

I baised my choices on all the rifles I have shot and seen shot over 45 years or so.

I will say this, IF I arrivied to a place, and my guns did not, and I had to buy a rifle, a scope mount, and a scope,and some ammo, and then leave in 15 minutes, to the hunting camp, and then, mount the scope and sight in the rifle, and then go hunt...

If I had a choice,I would pick a Blaser R93, over ANY OTHER BOLT RIFLE ON THE PLANET.

The only other choice would be, if, I was in Africa, hunting elephants and cape buff, and could pick a Heym double, and the ammo it was regulated with.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Alberta

I will say this, IF I arrivied to a place, and my guns did not, and If I had a choice,I would pick a Blaser R93, over ANY OTHER BOLT RIFLE ON THE PLANET.

The only other choice would be, if, I was in Africa, hunting elephants and cape buff, and could pick a Heym double, and the ammo it was regulated with.

Probably both good choices. Personally I'd likely be happy shooting the plains game with just about any reliable rifle in a suitable chambering...and there's slews of those about.

For the DG, I'd want my old 1930 Simson (Suhl) .470 double or ,barring that, any good .450 NE 3-1/4" double or .450/.400 3" double.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about which was the most accurate factory gun, as I don't know the "absolute fact" answer to that question anyhow.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 359 | Location: Corpus Christi,Texas | Registered: 19 April 2004Reply With Quote