Find
Notify
Tools

Killing a buff with spears??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
THE GAUCHOS NATIVES WIT HORSES THE DOGOS AND ALL OF US WE WILL CONTRIBUTE TO TO TRE THE BUFFALO THEN WE WILL PUT T DOWN WITH A SPEAR THE HUNT WLL BE IN CORIENTES WERE EYEDOC HUNTED AND I ONLY NEED THE MAN WHO WILL DO THIS.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Juan me' Amego - From what Eyedoc tells me your Dogos don't need those cowboys help. He tells me once they catch...the show is over!

I certianly have never tried this but, I've knife hunted boar, behind curs & hound that aren't as tough as Dogos. The thing I do know it the more people at the party the more dangerous it becomes.

I can see attempting this with a few hard Dogos on the bull...step in drive the spear in deep ...and step back out. If the dogos hold long enough....a 2nd thrust. Let him bleed out.

If you add the cowboys and horses....this hunt would turn into a very dangerous circus. Further once you introduce the cowboys, it isn't a hunt anymore, it's a round-up.

Jaun If I came down to try this, it would have to be you me & the dogos.

You can film me or sew me back up, or both!

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
All this talk. Where's the action! Wink

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NitroX:
All this talk. Where's the action! Wink

Don't start a kafuffle you old buggerlugs!....bite ya bloody bum Razzer

I've been on the Aussie Slang web page again Cobber.

beer beer beer

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Ha ha. Big Grin

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
MY FRIEND MIKE SAW MY DOGOS IN ACTION YES IM TOTALLY SURE WE CAN KILL A BUFFALO WITH THE ,AND IT WILL BE VERY ,VERY INTERSTING TO MAKE A FILM BECAUSE NOBODY BELIEVES THE POWER OF MY DOGS UNTIL THEY SAW THEM IN ACTION ASK A LOT OF MEMBERS THEY ARE LIKE LIONS THEY DESTROY THE SKULLS OF THE BOARS.I ASSURE YOU THAT WE DCAN DO THIS.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
this week ill be hunting with wildpork,gus and another members we will film wild boar hunting with the dogos the crazy eyedoc killed a big male capibara with knife can you believe that

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Picture of Sewer_Rat
posted Hide Post
what the ehll kinda nut goes after black death armed with a spear?!?!?!

And everyone thinks I'm nuts cause I wanna run with the bulls in pompalona?!?!?

NAHC Life Member since 1985

"If you aint been whipped worse then this, then you aint been around long enough for your opinions to matter"

Posts: 23 | Location: Lake Wales, FL | Registered: 22 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Juan,

I'll do it....what's it going to cost me and when can / should I come to do it!!!

Keep in mind that I'll also want to do a couple of days of wing shooting and hunt a Stag.

You can respond here on this forum / PM me.

Thanks,

Jeff

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
im totally sure that with the aid of my dogos the buffalo will be down ,then if the hunter is strong and fast and brave we can kill the buffalo ,ill make a film just to prove this ill like to use the cold steel spear that Steve Thorsen gave me ,its a wonderful weapon .juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan,

My ass on the line, my spear! jump

We'll do a follow-up with your spear if you like! troll

Looking forward to meeting you and those awesome "Doggos"..

BTW, a good friend of mine here in Texas has 2 Doggos....great pets as well as hunters!

Jeff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phew! I'm trying to imagine what that thing would smell like, much less taste like, by the time all that mayhem was done with. You'd have to pound the biltong for an hour with a hammer, and then throw away the biltong and eat the hammer.....

T-weed...who cares! Whomever comes out the winner on this one would most likely be glad to eat a hammer!

Stay tuned!

JW

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
The meat of the buffalo us excellent we eated some inmediately after eyedoc bowhunted one in a barbecue in an island in the middle of the swamps and it was wonderful,my family eats buffalo everyday and its a very tasty meat ,my dog paimun just before the safari of ronl killed a small buffalo alone so with a pack of 4 dogos you can put a buffalo down ,this must be filmed ,because i saw my buffalos grabbing the nose of buffalos a cebues a lot of times but i never filmed it ,i have a photo,but not a film,i have to say too that one time at least a dogo was killed by the buffalo who destroyed it with the front legs ,after killing the buffalo we can kill some hogs too ,Please can you put a photo of the spear .JUAN

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Picture of Sewer_Rat
posted Hide Post
Hey Boss what happened.. didja go down and get yerself killed??

can I have your FA or Navajo or saluki if you did??

NAHC Life Member since 1985

"If you aint been whipped worse then this, then you aint been around long enough for your opinions to matter"

Posts: 23 | Location: Lake Wales, FL | Registered: 22 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
im always speaking of killing the buffalo with the aid of my dogos like i kill the boars .im totally sure thats its posibly and ill guide anybody.dont worry ill have my 458 at hand.juan

jUAN,
What is the make of your .458?

"La vida no vale nada sin El Honor"
Winggunner
SCV, MOS&B

Posts: 214 | Location: Pickens, SC GOD's UpCountry | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
My 458 is a custom Mauser MADE FOR ME BY MY FRIEND Guillermo Amestoy Hoffman after i guide him to an excellent buffalo is just perfect for guiding with a barrel of only 20 inches .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

posted Hide Post
I would think that a spear with a long narrow shaft attached to a stout wood pole would be better than the Cold Steel boar spear. I would want to make sure that the spear head could reach the vitals very quickly and I am not sure that a person could push the boar spear that hard and that quickly. I think that a heavy shaft with a Samburu (sp?) style shaft and tip would be better....maybe something like a Roman javelin....?

One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
Here is a video that show what it is like to kill big game in africa with spears. It was just posted on the Africa hunting forumhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkktYS-TBQ8

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Did anyone ever do this?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote