Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1340KWWyS4Y&feature=related

looks like fun Big Grin

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue28iK-xChs&feature=related

tannerite hunting bewildered Wink

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I use Tannerite often and it is good and reliable.My wife likes to shoot it with her Mini 14.
It is truly explosive, and I cant see it being legal in the future as some people use it to extremes and post it on the web.Sooner or later the Govt will ban it just wait...

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
nice video

Posts: 14 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of emron
posted Hide Post
tannerite is a binary explosive, an oxidizer with fine aluminum powder. DONT MIX IT IN A BLENDER, as shown in one of the videos. it may be the last thing you do. mixing is best done in an environment not conducive to producing static electricity. I put the componenets in a plastic baggie, staple the to a 4 ft pole, stand inside the garage, and crack the door open a mite, while poking the baggie/rod through and shaking it vigorously.

Posts: 396 | Location: usa | Registered: 26 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen this stuff shot maybe two cups in a plastic bag dropped a 6" tree when shot with a 270. I'd stay away or at least use caution!!

Posts: 67 | Location: Possum Hollow, IN | Registered: 09 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The early Tannerite was a fine white powder and the last batches I've gotten are more of a granular particle (much larger). I find the granular product doesn't have the same "thump" as the old stuff and leaves a bigger white powder residue after detonation. I don't think combustion is as complete. Anyone else notice this?

Anyway, I found mixing it 70/30 with Bullseye cured the deficiency....

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
tiggertate: mixing it 70/30 with Bullseye cured the deficiency

clap

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote