New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inline Fabrication
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just to put this out there. I have 3 Dillon presses, a 550B, 550 Basic (used for loading all my rifle calibers) and a Square Deal B for .38 Special. Bought one of the Inline Fabrication mounts to mount my 550B on. What a difference! Better height, solid as a rock and was able to gain more room on my bench by being able to move the press closer to the end of the bench. My bench has protrusions, that when the press was mounted directly to the bench, the loaded cartridge receiving bin bumped up against the protrusion and costing me about 5 inches of space on either end. By raising it on the mount, I could go up to the edge of the bench. So now, off to their website to order one for the other 2 presses. I used a friend's 550 on one of the Dillon Strong Mounts, but the Inline Fabrication, to me, is much better, feels sturdier, comes in different heights, and about 30 bucks cheaper. For those with limited room, they make a flush mount that inlets into the bench. You then get mounting plates for your presses (most any brand or kind), a bench vise, or whatever, that slips into the mount in the bench and is secured by 2 wing nuts. Just thought I would pass this on. Anyone have any questions, you can PM me or ask on this post.

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Agreed! Good Stuff. I want to route and inlay some T track in my bench top so you can simply move anything you want around at anytime. Tons of aluminum options out there for track, but I'm hoping to find something in steel.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No idea what you are talking about; post a picture, which is worth, you know, lots of words.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
By the sound of it, it might be a tool to mount the Dillon on.

Years ago when I loaded lots of shotgun shells.

I had 4 PW machines.

I made a setup for them on a suitable table.

Where I can change relatively easy.

I made a cut out in the table, and put a large carton underneath.

The loaded shells fall into this box.

My neighbors kids used to come over and box these for me.

For their trouble I take them to the ice cream place!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68692 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 717 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Ok, press mounting stand. I still don't get the inline part. I though Inlines were muzzle loaders.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Hannay, that is it. dpcd, the company that produces these is called Inline Fabrication. They make these strong mounts for just about any press out there, and will do custom plates for such things as vises. Great company to deal with.

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
By the sound of it, it might be a tool to mount the Dillon on.

Years ago when I loaded lots of shotgun shells.

I had 4 PW machines.

I made a setup for them on a suitable table.

Where I can change relatively easy.

I made a cut out in the table, and put a large carton underneath.

The loaded shells fall into this box.

My neighbors kids used to come over and box these for me.

For their trouble I take them to the ice cream place!

late 70s early 80s i was loading 12 ga AA on a PW progressive. on a sturdy wooden bench. had a jam where the handle wouldn't come down. took about everything apart before i discovered the bench was so backed from the wall to the machine with loaded rds. there was a loaded shell under the bottom of the handle. right then i cut a hole in the bench where they were ejected and put a box with an old pair of jeans in it. that damn machine was FAST. back then 1000 AAs were 2 cents apiece, once fired. UPS guy would pull up the shop and unload 300 lbs (more or less) of shot and say he hoped he worked a diff. route next dove season. have regretted selling it for years.

Posts: 1541 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
We did the same. Hole in the bench with the 366 press kicking them out the back into the hole, into a box.

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Ok, press mounting stand. I still don't get the inline part. I though Inlines were muzzle loaders.

Google is your friend!

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I have the offset high quick change mount and all of my presses have QR plates mounted to them and they all set within inline docking waiting on use.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote