THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Another reason to reload and another reason not to live in California!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another reason to reload and another reason not to live in California!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
We are on the same side. That is for sure.

Well I apologize. I'm not trying to manipulate your words or use it as a tactic. it was just a business practice we used. We had meetings all the time with little progress made due to people complaining of an issue but offering no usable solutions. I agree it could be used as you said that anything I don't agree with would be unreasonable. But I'm not trying to do that at all.
I'm actually looking for input here. If you or anyone else can come up with an idea that would help keep the criminals in jail and the guns in the correct hands By all means let it be known and please send it to the politicians with vigor so we can keep our guns and our dignity.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
" guns in the correct hands " ?

The only "correct hand" in the view of a Liberal Democrat is the hand of law enforcement or the military.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
If it isn't worth it to Kalifornia shooters, I personally don't want to listen to a lot more moaning from Kalifornians.

AC:

Sadly, you hit the problem dead center with your post. If they don't value their own rights, there's nothing that can be done for them.

quote:
Originally posted by kcscott:
Well WRONG.... You need to come to my state These punks ARE buying there ammo at wall mart Because the dumb ass behind the counter doesn't care as long as he doesn't get in trouble for sending away a paying customer. Did you know Wal mart lost their privilege to sell guns in this state specifically because they had the wrong people selling guns and handing them over with no waiting period. Oh yeah it happened all right.
But for the most part you are correct Your rank and file criminal doesn't buy ammo at wal mart but a good portion of them due because criminals are not the sharpest people around.
BTW a few people have already been busted buying ammo they are not supposed to have.
If me showing my license keep one friggin gang banger from getting his supply or at least making it harder on him fine I'll show my license It doesn't bother me one bit.
Like I said I have to show it anyway to buy powder so what's the difference.

And everyone said that the world was coming to and end if Obama got elected
Well I'm waiting.............

See? Doesn't bother 'em a bit. They don't call it the land of fruits and nuts for nothing.
--------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
" guns in the correct hands " ?

The only "correct hand" in the view of a Liberal Democrat is the hand of law enforcement or the military.

Boy that's an understatement. It absolutely true unfortunately

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400 Nitro Express:

See? Doesn't bother 'em a bit. They don't call it the land of fruits and nuts for nothing.

So tell me exactly how my rights are being infringed upon by simply showing my drivers license and leaving a thumb print?
This is what I just don't understand. The law will basically have zero effect on crime or the law abiding citizen. Granted yes it is pretty dumb for our liberal politicians to pull crap like this. But just explain to me how terrible it will be to show ID at the check stand? Because if you believe that then you better pay for everything you own in cash!
Next thing you'll tell me the ATF is going to go door to door to collect guns And Obama grew a Hitler mustache.
You can't have 100% freedom of gun ownership without some form of regulation. How would you keep the guns out of the hand of the criminals if we laxed all the gun laws so anyone could get one? And don't give me that crap about an armed public. It would be the wild west all over again and we'd have no freedom because the President would enact marshal law and we'd have the military in the streets acting as law enforcement.
You guy's listen to Rush way too much

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
seams to me the reason it is so hard to vote out the tyrants is because California has developed a reputation for anti gun propaganda. So the news spreads that California is more anti gun than gun rights and more of the anti gun people move there. this increases the population of anti gun people and gives them more power over the vote. I don't think it has to do with californians not sticking up for their rights, but more to do with power provided by population of anti gunners moving there and flooding the antigun votes. I think it would take a lot more gun enthusiusts moving there to start to turn things around, but to move there you risk loosing your gun rights and it pushes gun owners away.
Can anyonje say "revolution?"
I predict that the anti gun laws will spread and anti gunners will congregate in certain states and constitutionalists will congregate in the other states. eventually it will be all gun states against all non gun states.
and we have the fire power to win.
Yes a little extreme, but it could happen???

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcstott:
quote:

So tell me exactly how my rights are being infringed upon by simply showing my drivers license and leaving a thumb print?
This is what I just don't understand. The law will basically have zero effect on crime or the law abiding citizen. Granted yes it is pretty dumb for our liberal politicians to pull crap like this. But just explain to me how terrible it will be to show ID at the check stand? Because if you believe that then you better pay for everything you own in cash!
Next thing you'll tell me the ATF is going to go door to door to collect guns And Obama grew a Hitler mustache.
You can't have 100% freedom of gun ownership without some form of regulation. How would you keep the guns out of the hand of the criminals if we laxed all the gun laws so anyone could get one? And don't give me that crap about an armed public. It would be the wild west all over again and we'd have no freedom because the President would enact marshal law and we'd have the military in the streets acting as law enforcement.

You keep telling us how fucked up Kalifornica is, and we agree, but the above post explains why it's that way. If you don't value your rights, why should I or anyone else respect them? You bemoan the ridiculous situation in your state and then make clear that you think just like the idiots that made it that way that way to begin with. Don't like it? AC is right, look in the mirror. YOU'RE the problem. People all over the world have ended up in nanny states with limited priviledges because, unlike you, they never had any rights to begin with. People like you end up the same way, but because you're too dumb or spineless to stand up for the rights you do have.
-------------------------------------

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard today on Reno radio that you in Kalifonia have to provide your name, address, Social Security number and a fingerprint to buy ammo. What I found even more shocking and infuriating above that was that the seller can do whatever he wants with that information. What's to say the ATF doesn't come to the seller and demand those records? And for what purposes? That's the scary part...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

My right to engage in interstate commerce is taken away by this law. I am no longer able to buy ammunition from out of state vendors and have it delivered to my home. I will no longer have as much choice in the product I buy and I will pay higher prices.

In addition, my local purchases will have one more hoop I must jump through. Local purchases that used to be quick and simple will now take more time for me and more time, money, and paperwork for the local shop.

Rights are seldom taken away in one fell swoop. Politicians know that the population is more likely to accept their rights being taken away gradually. After all, they ask, what is the big deal about a little law like this one? That type of thinking is what enables politicians to enact these types of laws that take away the freedom of the people.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Kerry,
In texas, we have (many) but in the case, this specific law .. its DUMB... but it 'feels good'

all the ephedrine has been put behind the counter at the stores, to "prevent and reduce illegal meth production" (yeah, the illegal part is in the law) ...

Yet meth and meth labs continue to grow ..

But it requires your driver's license to be swiped and feed into a computer, and if you have bought more than a couple boxes in the last month (i think its 3) you can't buy it.

Yet meth labs and busts are at an all time high.

What's my point
1: badguys run drug labs, not reloading
2: feel good laws don't stop criminals, EVER, they only deter the good guys

Presenting Social Security number for ammo? you don't have to do that (its marked optional) for an ATF transfer of a firearm.

This little "present your license for ammo" law is not even the tip of the wedge to part citizen from guns .. resulting in subjects ...

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39632 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:

FrownerThe levels of maturity and civility are deffinitly down. thumbdownroger

you are probably correct, but ????own????? who says THE SAME THING, in their signature 6500+ times"do it then (or than in the case of how its misspelled in yours) talk about it" IS the same as "do it for yourself"

but, as for civility and maturity .. (sigh) one should be careful with throwing the first stone .. as you may be entirely correct, and others may be willing to agree with you .

thumbYou side stepped my questions beautifully and corrected my spelling to boot! rotflmoWhat a guy. homerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My opinion, Jeff, is that you suck hind tit on a boar hog.

Do you think my post didn't reflect my opinion?

In general, though, opinions don't count for much.

As an example, I'll suggest yours.

I'd rather deal in facts.

How's your WeaponSmith business going?

Did you get your FFL yet?

Really, Jeff, this place would be much better if you weren't here dragging all the threads into your gutter.

flaco

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may not be around for that much longer, but I feel it's important to suggest this:

Those of you who blame the actions of the Guvernator and the California legislature on California shooters should know that this is almost the exact equivalent of blaming Hitler's actions on the Jews.

It's an interesting thought, painful, but right to the point.

We are your fellow shooters, and you are quick to blame us for the actions of the Guvernator and the legislature.

Sorry.

Wrong.

Not goin' for it.

flaco

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Now see we were having a nice discussion and someone had to go and start calling names

Lighten up guys we're on the same side here.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
By golly maybe they could do the same with drugs. That will surely help the law enforcement with illegal drug use.

Posts: 147 | Location: SW Wash | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
MALAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Jerkinator and NATZI PILOSI can go...........

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If all you younder guys don't remember under GCA68 we had to show DL for handgun ammo what joke. Was totaly worthless as far as stopping crime. It was a great day when they did away with that part of it.

All this is about is making it harder to own guns and use them. The harder it is the less people own them the less they well care the easier it is to pass worse laws.

Posts: 19583 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"I would move to a more conservative state if most of my family wasn't here. Because of that, I will probably be here my whole life."

I didn't. I left Californicate permanently back in 1970 when Feinstein was the mayor. Ever time that hag tried anti-gun BS I got i her face via letters, phone calls and if there had been E-mails bacl then I'd gave used that too. I was never impolite and always presented the facts. The end result was harassment by the police at least once a week.
One gets tired of phony traffic stops and rude questioning on why there is a rifle in my vehicle when I go to the range. You want to put up with that crap, fine by me.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have always tried to be civil with people here, even when I strongly disagree with what they say, but on this one I have to say, you just don't fucking get it. If nothing else, it's a violation of your righ to privacy. What damn business is it of the state of California or even the fucking federal government what you own or want to buy? Absobloodlylutely NONE!
Now either you have your had so far up where the sun don't shine or you're a closet liberal troll. Either way your sohpistry is so far out in left field you can't find your way home.
To the other member here on the site, I apologise if I have offended anyone.

To KCStott, all I'm trying to say here is think. Every time you compromise with those sons of bitches, you give away a bit more of our freedom and way of life.

Again, to the other members I apologize.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The end result was harassment by the police at least once a week. One gets tired of phony traffic stops and rude questioning on why there is a rifle in my vehicle when I go to the range.

Are you serious? This is such bullshit. If you could have found a lawyer who could have represented you well enough, you could have sued the ass off of somebody for this crap. I'd have pointed the suit at Feinstein if it was me. This pulling you over for nothing violates your Fourth Amendment Rights. To purposefully watch your travels for the purpose of harassing you falls outside probable cause and reasonable suspicion. I wonder if this kind of shit obama still goes on...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
You know last time I checked it only takes 51% of the votes to win. Now I am not suggesting we CA shooters give up but...

...this crap about, you CA shooters don't care is a) ludicrous and b) makes me think some of you guys can't count...

Do the math...we aren't going to get 51% of the votes.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10134 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are your fellow shooters, and you are quick to blame us for the actions of the Guvernator and the legislature.

That may be true of some posters, but I don't think it is of most, and it certainly isn't my view. The problem is that California shooters seem to be far from unified, as this thread clearly reflects.

quote:
Originally posted by barsche:
WOW Ac ! Are we also the same group that allowed our kids to get killed to get rid of Weapons of mass distruction? roger

quote:
I get a little tired of the Big Brother mentality
Granted I don't care for any new gun law this one will have zero effect on me as a gun owner. I have to give my friggin drivers license when I by powder, so I don't know what the big deal is.

This law has nothing to do with trying to run gun owners out of California

quote:
Origially posted by kcscott:
If me showing my license keep one friggin gang banger from getting his supply or at least making it harder on him fine I'll show my license It doesn't bother me one bit.
Like I said I have to show it anyway to buy powder so what's the difference.

quote:
If you or anyone else can come up with an idea that would help keep the criminals in jail and the guns in the correct hands By all means let it be known and please send it to the politicians with vigor so we can keep our guns and our dignity.

As a group, Cali gun owners will probably never have the power to resist because too many of them have bought into the hard-left, anti-American, collectivist dogma, which peddles the fraud that the alleged "good" of the collective (state) is always superior to the rights of the individual. Those who vote that way have no right to complain about the loss of ANY individual right, let alone gun rights.

quote:
Lighten up guys we're on the same side here.

No, you're not.
--------------------------------------------

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Granted I don't care for any new gun law this one will have zero effect on me as a gun owner. I have to give my friggin drivers license when I by powder, so I don't know what the big deal is.

This law has nothing to do with trying to run gun owners out of California, It is a method of controlling the punks that have no business owning gun from getting ammunition.

The laws that are trying to run gun owners out of this state have already been passed.
Handgun safety tests, Assault weapons ban, 50 cal ban, magazine capacity ban Shall I go on

My god man you are nieve. This will not stop a single gang shooting, not one. It IS TOTALLY about fucking w/ legal gun owners & the ones like you, that actuially believe the drivvle that comes out of the liberals mouths just baffles me.
Look, the gang banger is probably here illegally, committing an illegal act of shooting at someone w/ an illegal gun. Do you really think he cares about obtaining his ammo illegally? Nope, it's about doing whatever they can to fuck w/ legal gun owners. The more hoops & redtape, the fewer people will want to own guns. Personally, it doesn't directly affect me, I reload, but it's just another stupid liberal attempt to do nothing while infringing on my rights. The fingerprint CDL issue isn't so much the problem as no internet sales. Yet I can drive across any state border & buy all the ammo I want. Geeze man, now the rest of you see what is wrong w/ Kalif. Too many stupid people live here & unfortunately, THEY VOTE. pissers

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe you haven't been paying much attention, but things are not getting better, the nationla debt is going way up & PBO is just getting started. It will end very badly unless the congress &/or senate goes more Republican to contain this most socialist of presidents. Really, people amaze me as to what they want to believe. Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This will not stop a single gang shooitng, not one.

You're right, Fred. Neither have these:

quote:
Handgun safety tests, Assault weapons ban, 50 cal ban, magazine capacity ban Shall I go on

They have't because they can't. When a gangbanger shooting happens, how many laws have already been broken? Those laws didn't stop it. Are they not being enforced? How will another feel good law stop it?

The fundamental truth here is that additional laws will:

1. Have no effect on crime.

2. Will yet again curtail the Constitutional rights of the individual, with no benefit whatsoever in return.

Yet the socialist "I get a little tired of the Big Brother mentality" mindset prevails on the Left Coast. And Ahnuld even wants to ban TVs over 40 inches for the "public good". I'm glad Kalifornica is far away, in more ways than one.
---------------------------------

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
This will not stop a single gang shooitng, not one.

You're right, Fred. Neither have these:

quote:

They have't because they can't. When a gangbanger shooting happens, how many laws have already been broken? Those laws didn't stop it. Are they not being enforced? How will another feel good law stop it?

The fundamental truth here is that additional laws will:

1. Have no effect on crime.

2. Will yet again curtail the Constitutional rights of the individual, with no benefit whatsoever in return.

Yet the socialist "I get a little tired of the Big Brother mentality" mindset prevails on the Left Coast. And Ahnuld even wants to ban TVs over 40 inches for the "public good". I'm glad Kalifornica is far away, in more ways than one.

They don't call Texas & the states around it the heart land for nothing. Both East & west coasts are killing this country. Too many liberals w/ too many stupid concepts about what is fare or what is best for the rest of us.Mad

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Handgun safety tests, Assault weapons ban, 50 cal ban, magazine capacity ban Shall I go on

That's absolutely true. The fact is our laws in this state are not being enforced. Even our law enforcement is on the side of the liberals.
My opinion comes from years of trying to fight this crap only to be stabbed in the back by politicians that claimed they were pro gun. And I'm not talking about our current governor I didn't vote for that SOB but I damn sure didn't want Davis either.

quote:

That is about as far Right winged as you can get. "yes sir I Surely will go right out and going the militia and the KKK"
Buddy I'm middle of the road here but lean to the right on many issues and gun control is one of them. And just because I don't buy into The JFK conspiracy, Or take everything G.W. Bush says as gospel Doesn't make my views Socialist. Look up the definition Of socialism.
I'm just tiered of hearing how the Big Bad Government is out to get me.
Believe me If they knew half the shit I'm for I'd be locked as an enemy of the state.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fredj338:
quote:

This law has nothing to do with trying to run gun owners out of California, It is a method of controlling the punks that have no business owning gun from getting ammunition.

The laws that are trying to run gun owners out of this state have already been passed.

My god man you are nieve. This will not stop a single gang shooting, not one. It IS TOTALLY about fucking w/ legal gun owners & the ones like you, that actuially believe the drivvle that comes out of the liberals mouths just baffles me.
Look, the gang banger is probably here illegally, committing an illegal act of shooting at someone w/ an illegal gun. Do you really think he cares about obtaining his ammo illegally? Nope, it's about doing whatever they can to fuck w/ legal gun owners. The more hoops & redtape, the fewer people will want to own guns. Personally, it doesn't directly affect me, I reload, but it's just another stupid liberal attempt to do nothing while infringing on my rights. The fingerprint CDL issue isn't so much the problem as no internet sales. Yet I can drive across any state border & buy all the ammo I want. Geeze man, now the rest of you see what is wrong w/ Kalif. Too many stupid people live here & unfortunately, THEY VOTE. pissers

You are correct that it may not prevent a single gang shooting. I understand that it is just a ploy by the liberals to make it look like they are doing something. But you know what. Why don't you come over here and try fighting this shit. I'm maybe 10% of the hole frigging state which means on election day I might be 3% of the turn out. Not enough people here vote and the majority of the ones that do couldn't care less about guns or their owners rights.
In all honesty California is just about a lost cause. Trying to keep the right people here in office is a full time job. NRA lobbies here all the time with near zero effect. I call, write, and Email my representatives both state and federal. And it just about falls on deaf ears.
I try to keep an area open in the desert for offroad use and they say I kill the California desert tortoise. I want to go hunt And I'm killing bambi.
You really need to come out here where you need to watch what you say around people because you don't know where they stand on subject like hunting and fishing and gun control.
Being a gun owner here is just about as bad as having Aids. People will shun you like you were the scourge of the earth. The real problem is the Liberal media and education system here. They are the one promoting this shit.
If you really want a political fight come out here and give it your best shot. I've been trying for twenty years with little success

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
The results of the Sacramento ammunition ordinance were also striking. From January 16, 2008 to August 31, 2009, 229 prohibited people purchased ammunition of which 173 had previous felony convictions, including gang members. From the matching of ammunition purchase records to the California prohibited persons file, the Sacramento DA was able to charge 181 of the purchasers with felonies. In addition, 160 illegal firearms were seized from the prohibited persons, as well as cash, drugs, and explosive devices.

Just an FYI

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is about as far Right winged as you can get. "yes sir I Surely will go right out and going the militia and the KKK"
Buddy I'm middle of the road here but lean to the right on many issues and gun control is one of them. And just because I don't buy into The JFK conspiracy, Or take everything G.W. Bush says as gospel Doesn't make my views Socialist. Look up the definition Of socialism.
Believe me If they knew half the shit I'm for I'd be locked as an enemy of the state.

Nope. I'M middle of the road. You're a typical Cali wing-nut. Kinda like relying on prayer for birth control, you've hung your rights on "Liberals for the Second Amendment". Like Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute", and you're living proof. Enjoy your handiwork.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Nope. I'M middle of the road. You're a typical Cali wing-nut. Kinda like relying on prayer for birth control, you've hung your rights on "Liberals for the Second Amendment". Like Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute", and you're living proof. Enjoy your handiwork.
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything
else just burns gunpowder."

No you are a Right wing Waco wacko
One of Jones town survivors and a Waco escapee. Michigan Militia Member.
You may be in the middle of your lane but you are not in the middle of the road Not by a long shot.
I do apologize for the JFK crack though. He was a democrat Big Grin
There see I can Name call too.
Look I'd love to live in a state that grants more freedom to gun owners But I live here and other then not being able to buy a few guns that I like. I like it here. And I don't really Care that much for Texas.
Nop If I'm gonna move it'll be Vermont Where there are no gun laws but the federal ones

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
FrownerOf all the piss ass threads I have seen on AC, and thankfully they are not in the majority, This one makes me the saddest. middlefingerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Since this is going no where I will cease to reply to anymore comments posted in this thread.
When we resort to petty name calling it is really a sad day (Yes I was involved too.)
A moderator can lock this thread anytime it wouldn't bother me in the least

www.KLStottlemyer.com

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:

A moderator can lock this thread anytime it wouldn't bother me in the least

shockerWhat moderator? thumbdownroger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The results of the Sacramento ammunition ordinance were also striking. From January 16, 2008 to August 31, 2009, 229 prohibited people purchased ammunition of which 173 had previous felony convictions, including gang members. From the matching of ammunition purchase records to the California prohibited persons file, the Sacramento DA was able to charge 181 of the purchasers with felonies. In addition, 160 illegal firearms were seized from the prohibited persons, as well as cash, drugs, and explosive devices.

Just an FYI

Great. Enjoy the Utopia that you voted for.
------------------------------------

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
In addition, 160 illegal firearms were seized from the prohibited persons, as well as cash, drugs, and explosive devices.

Has nothing to do with the charges at hand.

Hey Roger.. scroll UP to the top of the page, look in the left corner. see where is says "MODERATORS". when you see jeffeosso, let me know, k?

I am not the reloading mod, and never have I asked for or insisted on priviledges associated with .. but you seem to make an issue of it. Really, its a small thing, and you are making a lot more of it than it is. It basicaly means jacka$$es can take pot shots at you, and if you try to answer them, you look like a jerk

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39632 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
FrownerOf all the piss ass threads I have seen on AC, and thankfully they are not in the majority, This one makes me the saddest. middlefingerroger

Take out your anger on the people that did this to you.

quote:
Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!!

You must be a pretty young guy.

One of Us
Picture of fprefect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:
quote:
The end result was harassment by the police at least once a week. One gets tired of phony traffic stops and rude questioning on why there is a rifle in my vehicle when I go to the range.

Are you serious? This is such bullshit. If you could have found a lawyer who could have represented you well enough, you could have sued the ass off of somebody for this crap. I'd have pointed the suit at Feinstein if it was me. This pulling you over for nothing violates your Fourth Amendment Rights. To purposefully watch your travels for the purpose of harassing you falls outside probable cause and reasonable suspicion. I wonder if this kind of shit obama still goes on...

I've never been to California, but it's laws such as this give me no regrets whatsoever.

Perhaps a few of this new batch of legislators should learn how to ski, poorly.

F. Prefect

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and generally been regarded as a bad move......Douglas Adams

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just an FYI

That is propoganda that DeLeon put out, pure BS. Kalif. has no record keeping for buying handgun ammo. That is why they passed the stupid law. So how is it they could match anything w/ anything? All you get when you buy ammo @ store is a receipt. Even if they did somehow trace ammo purchases back to someone illegally buying it, that is as easily circumvented buy having a straw purchase much like 16yr olds do for booze. Nope, like the stupid lead bullet ban to save the Condor, IT WILL DO NOTHING to prevent a single crime. If I can get an illegal gun & can get ammo for it too. It's all about screwing w/ law abiding gun owners, period.Roll Eyes If they want to stop gang shootings, try deporting the bastards when they do catch them doing something.

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I know I said I would not respond but I can't let this one slip by.
These arrests were made because Sacramento has had a CITY ordinance in place for some time now. So this is not propaganda it is fact. The arrests were made, the charges were filed, the bums thrown in jail.
And FYI most of your gang members are born and raised right here. Yes there are a good percentage that are illegal but most are natural born citizens.
The simple fact is ( If you agree or not) there is no simple answer to gun crime and the rights of gun owners.
If I could pull all the illegal guns off the street today there would still be some guy that is legally able to own a gun who goes and buys one and either sells it to the gangs or goes on a shooting spree him self. How are we going to stop that? It can't be done. But overall there needs to be a balance of regulation to rights. Kind of like our constitution A system of checks and balances..... Wow what a concept.

www.KLStottlemyer.com