New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler E-tip bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with these?
Was thinking of trying some in a 250 Savage.
Wondering what kind of performance can be expected from
them. How about fouling?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My experience is a bit dated, as I was told they now have a relief groove, but the old ones I have shot (30 and 7mm) were not too good.

Poor accuracy, and low velocities in the rifles I tried them in. I much prefer the TSX/TTSX to either the E tip or GMX.

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree. They may or may not shoot. Most finicky of the monos that I have tried.

Some have a groove, but the standard still does not.

If you want a good mono, look at Barnes, Hammer and Cutting Edge. Disclaimer, I haven't tried Hornady GMX or Peregrine.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies, sounds like I may have to pass on the Nosler and give Barnes a try.

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
You can take this for what it's worth: last fall I loaded some 25 caliber, 101 gr Nosler E-tips in 25-06 Nosler brass. With my Sauer 200, I shot two 3-shot groups 0.75" and 0.68" using 0.5 grain below max of IMR-4064. I called it good, and shot three Oklahoma deer with 4 shots. All the bullets were pass-throughs, so I couldn't tell you retained weights, whether they were perfect mushrooms, or what.

I didn't shoot enough to tell you anything about fouling. But I have no complaints about the bullet accuracy or performance.

Oh...and the 101 grains? They were blems from Shooters Pro Shop, as were the Nosler cases.

Posts: 717 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Firearmdoc:
Does anyone have any experience with these?
Was thinking of trying some in a 250 Savage.
Wondering what kind of performance can be expected from
them. How about fouling?

Rather go for the Nosler Accubonds. They are reliable and accurate. You can use the Ballistic Tip for shooting rifle in and Accubonds for the hunt. They are expensive, but so are game these days too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot 100 grain .257 E-Tips with my .257 Weatherby and they get me pin point accuracy and crony 3655 fps with 71 grains RL-22. I also shoot 130 grain .277 with my 270 WSM’s with good results. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote