Notify
Tools

Nganga trophy room part 3
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted

Sable just came home last week

The light pucks at the leopards feet are not visible from the floor, the mount is about 12 feet up

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Those mounts are awesome. The giraffe is fantastic, the reedbuck still has his nuts, the sable is simply majestic, and the leopard is just about the coolest damn thing I have ever seen. beer

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Cane

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mate, I have looked at these three posts and I can't stop looking Eeker you have done a fantastic job and have not only some fantastic trophies but worthy mounts of them.Well done very nice and thank you for posting them clap

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've always contemplated having my sable done lifesize once I take a big bull.. Your's looks supurb.

Still have my giraffe cape in the freezer (tanned) waiting for the right time to mount him. Just need to find the time!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing. The Sable is very impressiv. Beautiful trophyroom.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Now that sable ... that's just cool!

Who does your taxidermy and how do you get a mount like that home?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
7's
Craig Pearson @ Wildlife Images, Scottsdale AZ

They get home in the back of his truck!! all the big mounts he delivers and sets up. The sable came off the base. They delivered it placed it on the habitat then poured some glue or something on it and put more dirt around his hooves.

That pedestal buff mount on one of those other threads, he just delivered Weds to my business office.

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:

Sable just came home last week

That Sable is gorgeous, congratulations.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where did you take that sable? The black face suggests the Kafue. It's a wonderful trophy and mount.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Once again, outstanding! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always liked that mount of a sable standing on its back legs. I wish I had room for it in my trophy room. You really have a beautiful trophy room, one of the best on AR. tu2

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's probably the most impressive Sable mount I've seen.

Again Nganga, thanks for sharing your collection.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
The sable pose is copied from the badge on Nganga's Ferrari.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
i almost hessitate to ask, but can i see a picture of your gunroom as well Smiler

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
The sable pose is copied from the badge on Nganga's Ferrari.

It does share a striking resemblance to the horse on the Scuderia shield. Better get a sharpie out and draw some horns!

Any chance we could see some other angles of the mount, Nganga?

Thanks,

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful in everyway, and very inspirational. Makes me want to pack my gun and suitcase and go hunting. BTW, your library panelling and mine are almost identical.

I would also enjoy some photos of your gun room if possible.

Bobby B.

Posts: 323 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Again, very nice room and wonderful trophies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nganga,
Wow what a room, and the mounts are, as everyone say's, incredable.
I've looked very closely at the room, the finishes, the shapes and sizes. Could you give some details regarding these? I'm getting close to finishing my trophy room (been working on it for over a year) and I really like looking at what others have done for ideas.
Could you describe the shape, the total sq. footage, the wall height and ceiling height (which is different in areas), the chair rail and wainscott height and types of woods used? Any details you'd like to share, please?
I planned on sharing pic's of the construction on mine, but the process has been so long and slow that I figured, I'd wait and do it all when the room is complete. My project is a big one as I'm adding 5000 sq foot with about 2500 of that in trophy room.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful room with us.
Mike

Posts: 439 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AH,
Thank you for your kind words, I've poured a lifetime of passion into this room. Firstly I got chased out of the main house, my wife gave me the upstairs. I filled it up, we then decided it was either move or transform my detatched garage into a trophy room. Thankfully I put A/C in the building when I built it. It measures 30 wide 40 deep with a 8 x 10 full bath with a shower.

The wall plate height is 10' my HOA only allows 10'. I had a boat and a motorhome inside prior and had to build the "box" trusses to get the interior height needed but stay within HOA rule, thus the funky 10' 12' 10'.

The wains is actually alder and the guy did a real nice job and did it (I think) cheap. I put the shutters on all the windows. If I was builing from scratch I'd go ZERO windows, both room and security. as you can see 12' allows for double stacking of large trophies. I highly recommend sheeting the entire inside with 3/4 minimum plywood or OSB. I did not, and am always playing musical chairs with studs.

I am now out of room and we are going to move anyway!!! I want to build at least 3500' TR specific, with a vaulted inside gun room.

Again, thank you for the kind words.

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nganga,
Thank you for the response. You get to start over on a new room, how cool. Obviously you've learned what you want so this one can be even better.
My room, as I stated is approx. 2500 sq ft., it's sunken down 4 feet below the normal hose elevation so that I could keep the ceiling heights (roof line) level. The ceiling height is 14 feet, however I soffeted around the periminter and hid all the HVA ducting and recessed light fixtures in that soffet. THis makes the outside walls 12 feet. I have a see through gas fire place in the middle of the room to add more wall space. The room is surrounded on one side by a hall (which is raised) going to bed rooms. I have a bar at one end that is seperate from the room but opens into it. All walls have 3/4 inch plywood and the wainscott is bamboo. The floor is cork. I have a book case/display case as a seperation between the hall and room. This will extend about 25 feet. The entry has a barreled ceiling and steps down 2 feet to a large landing then another 2 feet to the trophy room. I have a door at one end going down stairs to a 1200 sq foot storage room, which my wife will take up most of it. The woods for the bar and display case are maple boxes with zebra wood and wingy (both affrican woods).
Were about 6 weeks away from hanging trophies, at that time I hope to show the finished room.
For years I've watched this forum for ideas and hope to give some back when mine is complete.
Mike

Posts: 439 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds really, really well thought out. I plan on my next one to be sunken just in the center of the room to allow for a few sofa's in a conversation pit configuration. I want to get some professional help with my next and hopefully last attempt at it. Now its a "work in progress" event every time a new arrival comes home.

I as well want a library but not in the room, our home design has the trophy room being entered through my home office with rich wood bookshelves. Then I can spend more money buying books to put on them???

man this stuff never ends eh?

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
That Sable is SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Would be amazing to see the full mounts mixed with non full mounts coming out of a realism African landscape mural with the rest of the bodies painted in like a 2d 3d mixed media art work. I love the Kudu position and the interactive lion and hyena poses. The bucking sable makes the head at more eye level position for beter admiration. Wonderful to the max!

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Very very nice!

Posts: 10 | Location: cave creek,AZ | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Fantastic looking room and trophies!! Smiler I'm sitting here wondering.. Will there be a part 4? Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
Impressive room.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I LOVE that Giraffe!!

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the room is really great in total, but that Sable is just... too cool for words.

Rich
DRSS

you realize my bucket list just got really big!

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beautiful mounts... Great work on the room.

Posts: 59 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 08 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TMTAXIDERMY
posted Hide Post

Posts: 138 | Location: Dardanelle, Arkansas | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks just like my trophy room..... lol

Absolutely amazing, both the number and quality of mounts.......museum-like.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norton,
Thank you for the kind words.
Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beatuful! I especially like the sable. I do have a question for you, though. How do you keep all your mounts clean? I only have ten or so and it's all I can do to keep them looking good. (And we have a very good air filtration system in the house.)

Nothing worse than cobwebs on the kudu!

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of prairiewolf
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Posts: 144 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdirks:
Beatuful! I especially like the sable. I do have a question for you, though. How do you keep all your mounts clean? I only have ten or so and it's all I can do to keep them looking good. (And we have a very good air filtration system in the house.)

Nothing worse than cobwebs on the kudu!

Your suppose to clean these things?

(I just dust them occasionally)

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Curses! I was just about to drop my wife's quest for a sable so I could afford a leopard hunt. However, that sable mount is the best I've seen and we must have one. Curses!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott,
Thanks, I agree, a sable is one of the most impressive of all mounts. I shot this one with Terry Von Rooyen in Tondwa last year.

Thanks,

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of wolfhunter 2
posted Hide Post
verry nice! I am at the point of talking as much about a trophy room as hunting, house is full basement is full. I like to hear about sizes of different rooms.our plan so far 36x40 with new entry you will be able to walk into house or downinto trophy room.The next trip to africa sable is on the list I realy like your standing mount,more buffalo!!

Posts: 155 | Location: mn | Registered: 08 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
Absolutely Love this room!!!!!!!!!!

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote