New
Find
Notify
Tools

east cape
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
any recommendations on a taxidermist in the East Cape for next year? will be around St Elizabeth and will want a Kudu pedestal mount and Zebra rug. thanks Jim

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sorry but fingers and mind do not match now a days it is out of Port Elizabeth thanks

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
If he's still in business, Roy Hayes Taxidermy in Tarkastad did some fine work for us several years ago. He did pedestal mounts for my kudu and my son's zebra. Also shoulder mounts for red hartebeest, impala, common & black springboks, gemsbok and black wildebeest.

I don't know if he has a website; I couldn't locate one. A possible phone number for him in RSA is +27 45 846 0402

If you'll PM me with contact info, I'll send some photos of his work.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I used Karl Human Taxidermy in East London. I'm very happy with my mounts. I had 2 wall pedestal Kudu, wall pedestal Impala, full body Bushbuck and European warthog with all bavkskins done. Hunted the 1st week in June, mounts on the wall in South Dakota in January.

SCI life member

Posts: 18 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Splitting Image taxidermy has done 10 animals for me. Satisfied with the service and work.

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
true reflections Taxidermy out of Gramstown in Eastern Cape did a bunch of work for me that was quite good. He does a unique zebra mount on a wood shield in the shape of Africa that is quite stunning. look for more info on his business under Rosedale Safaris. Charl LeRoux is the owners name.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Hunted October with KMG and the trophies went to Splitting Image. Initial service and correspondence has been v good. Waiting to see when trophies done. Two shoulder mounts, a couple of skins and some European mounts.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 679 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
Karoo Taxidermy is in my local town and does good work.

Posts: 779 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote