New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rugered another!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Could not sit Friday night, watching a couple of Grand Children. Those time can not be missed! Seeing a new boar coming to the feeder pretty regularly. He showed up about 10 but stayed behind the feeder legs or tee posts! Cleared all and I touched off a 350 Speer from the 416 Ruger. Pig down but it was still kicking so I sent another. There was no need for the second. Around 125# ( I had just drug a 125# molasses tub so I had something to compare to).

Posts: 752 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
That round might penetrate four hogs in a line , if the opportunity arises.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know it don't take such a big bore to kill a pig.
What's the reason some of you guys use these cannon's?

Practice, or because you enjoy shooting them? All of which is fine, I have no criticizm what others use or do. I'm just curious is all.

Yes, years ago Dad and I sometimes shot prairie dogs with his .375 too, just for the hell of it mostly, and to use up aging ammo too.

Thanks,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like shooting my big bores! I will probably never make it back to Africa or to any other place that has game that requires a big bore. Even if I do, how many times will I shot? As long as there are pigs mine won't be safe queens! Besides, haven't you heard? There are pigs behind every bush here in Texas. You need something to shoot through the bushes! He He

Posts: 752 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yo' is doin' da' lord's work.

Bless yo' heart!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote