Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in Hawwii ?
 Login/Join

posted
anyone hunted on the big island?I am interested in it and I need info on guides. I wrote Parker ranch for prices and there must be others.Best time of year?? thanks for any feedback

Posts: 5 | Location: Fairfax,California | Registered: 06 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha Billy,
Contact Gene Ramos of Hawaii Hunting Tours @ 808-776-1666. He has the hunting lease for Bishop Estate lands for the mountains of Hualalai and South Mauna Loa. I've hunted with Gene over a 35 year period.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 620 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
It's been 20 years ago, but the memory of following the dogs on foot up and down thru the rain forest where the ferns are as big as trees still remains. The jungle was thick and when the dogs finally cornered the hog, we couldn't see until the dogs and the hog came out from under the fallen tree we were crawling over. I nailed him with the guide's .357mag lever-action. The hog had disembowelled one dog and slice two others. We strapped the dog's intestines back inside with a shirt, and carried him to the vet--the dog survived. Great trip. You can also get in some great big-game fishing out of Kialua-Kona. Steve

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote