Tools

Massive feral hog
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If you want to see a true monster hog look up:

www.monsterpig.com

Supposedly over 1,000 pounds.

Posts: 11999 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
sure, it's a big pig, but how much farther could the kid get behind it? Smiler 25 feet? 40 Feet?

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty decent feat for an eleven year-old, but my first thought is the revolver intimmidated the heck out of him and he shot the hog to doll rags. I don't care how big they are; if you hit them right, one shot and down they go. The head is the biggest thing on them. Hit the brain and they belong to you.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 724wd:
sure, it's a big pig, but how much farther could the kid get behind it? Smiler 25 feet? 40 Feet?

Yep, they sure get bigger when you're 50 ft behind them. I smell a rat here, and they probably have a pig hunting "service". Most of which are a joke Smiler

"You can lead a horticulture, ... but you can't make 'er think" Florida Gardener

Posts: 808 | Location: N. FL | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FRANKIE2000
posted Hide Post
That is a big pig but I ain't buying thier measurments, and where is this so called video of the kill.

Posts: 145 | Location: Mesquite, TX. | Registered: 19 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doubless:
Pretty decent feat for an eleven year-old, but my first thought is the revolver intimmidated the heck out of him and he shot the hog to doll rags. I don't care how big they are; if you hit them right, one shot and down they go. The head is the biggest thing on them. Hit the brain and they belong to you.

DITTO

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
It is a very big hog, and it sure is a downer that the attention grabber when one sees the photo is the attempt to make it seem larger than life.
I'm sure they took some "honest" photos, and whoever posted these on the web should also post some with the hunters in front or very close to the hog.
I suspect the video will be an embarrassment.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was forwarded an e mail to a friend of mine which was sent out by Southeastern Trophy Hunters. It had other pictures which were not on this web site. It does appear to be a truly big hog. Whether it weighs as much as they say or measures like they say I have no idea.

I have killed hundreds maybe over a thousand hogs, even some really big ones. I have never seen one as bloated ,fat looking as this one. That with the floppy ears makes my wonder if this was some farm hog that was turned loose.

I wasn't there. I don't know.

I agree the video is probably an embarrassment. After all they admit it ran about a mile and if I recall correctly, they said it took 16 shots. The hog was no doubt shot all to hell and back. Nevertheless, I would like to see it.

Posts: 11999 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
16 Shots!

I don't like it! Surely feral hogs aren't that tough, it just seems like bad shooting. I have seen an elephant killed with a .454Casull in less than 16 shots.

If the kid can't shoot he should not hunt. It is a shame that such a magnificent "trophy" had to be hunted in such a way.

It is things like this that gives greenies and bunny huggers a foot to stand on against our loved sport! diggin

It is still a huge hog!! Big Grin