Find
Notify
Tools

NF CPS in Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted
Have a trip planned soon for Namibia, hoping to get a problem lion permit south of Etosha, and also for plains game. Planned rifles are 375 H&H A-bolt and 9.3x74R in a double. I would like to take some NF CPS or GS FPS loads for the double, but see that regulations exists prohibiting "solids" in Namibia. Has anyone here had problems getting these "expanding" solids into Namibia?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Steve, I would think that NF SPs would be better on lion, than the CPSs. As the CPSs are intended for tougher critters, like Buff.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Hog Killer -- I do not think North Fork recommends the use of their soft points in a double because of the solid copper base and different band/groove design. Maybe I am wrong and they have been redesigned, but...

I agree on the soft vs solid idea, though.

I think there is no issue using solids on hippo, elephant, etc. in Namibia but would suggest you check with the PH or NAPHA to be certain.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Certainly the first shot on a lion would be with a soft. The expanding solid seems like a good choice, to me, in the 2nd barrel if following up on a lion in the brush.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote