THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Ivan Carter and Mark Sullivan DVDs and Trailer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ivan Carter and Mark Sullivan DVDs and Trailer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted
Both of the latest DVDs featuring Ivan Carter and Mark Sullivan are now available through our Website. I have had the trailer for Ivan's DVD up for some time.

Many have asked that I post a link to the trailer for Use Enough Death, the Mark Sullivan DVD, once I had a chance to put something together. You can view that trailer here.

As some of you requested, I put the video trailer together in 1080p. Make sure you select that playback quality on the player window if you are so inclined (select the gear icon at the bottom of the player window and choose 1080p).

For those of you who pre-ordered…As of today, all domestic and international pre-orders of Use Enough Death have shipped. I have sufficient inventory of Across the Dark Continent for any additional orders. The initial 1000 DVDs of Use Enough Death have almost sold completely. Currently, I do have about 10 left in inventory. We will have another 1000 available by March 7th so there should not be any significant delays with order fulfillment beyond those 10 remaining DVDs.

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a little suprised you would use Ivan Carter and Mark Sullivan in the same sentence! Eeker

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
I'm a little suprised you would use Ivan Carter and Mark Sullivan in the same sentence! Eeker

Why? The OP sells DVDs, I doubt anybody has sold more African hunting DVDs than Mark Sullivan. I hope Ivan and Mark keep making plenty more ....

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Maximus Brutus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tygersman:

Why? The OP sells DVDs, I doubt anybody has sold more African hunting DVDs than Mark Sullivan. I hope Ivan and Mark keep making plenty more ....

Well said. Mark and Ivan have far more in common than some people here would care to admit and they have both inspired me and countless others.

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Antlers:
popcorn

................ jumping

If there is anyone who can't see the difference between these two PHs all I can say is they must be blind! That trailer for the Mark Sullivan film is typical of what is objected to with Sulivan by most safari hunters. In that whole trailer all the shooting except two were with Mark doing all the shooting. Most PHs don't shoot that much in their whole career. The guy paying the bill is the guy who is supposed to do the shooting. I will say one thing for Mark, he has found a way to do all the big game hunting he wants and have someone else pay the bill. In that respect he is a genius

.......................................................................................... thumbdown

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Maximus Brutus
posted Hide Post
They are both very different but have both played their part in inspiring others to hunt. If you think that's a bad thing then that's up to you.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maximus Brutus:
They are both very different but have both played their part in inspiring others to hunt. If you think that's a bad thing then that's up to you.

Actors within our industry.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to distract from the purpose of this thread but Mark is being guided on several of the shoot scenes I included on the trailer. That includes some of the trailer scenes of Cape buffalo, water buffalo, and lion hunting.

Best always,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shawn, I loved the water buffalo footage - beautiful country, huge bulls. I have hunted buffalo not too far from there. PM inbound, Sir.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Since this is a not too subtle offer to sell, why is it allowed on a discussion board when it clearly belongs on the Classified for sale board?

The last thing the African Big Game Hunting board needs is another Mark Sullivan discussion.

JMO coffee

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:

The last thing the African Big Game Hunting board needs is another Mark Sullivan discussion.

JMO coffee

Yet this one has the potential to be particularly amusing. animal

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ExpressYourself:
Not to distract from the purpose of this thread but Mark is being guided on several of the shoot scenes I included on the trailer. That includes some of the trailer scenes of Cape buffalo, water buffalo, and lion hunting.

Best always,
Shawn

So....the purpose of this thread (as posed) is what? Whistling

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not a MS fan, but have no problem with ExpressYourself doing a little promoting on here.
Others have done the same without protest.
If he had only mentioned Ivans name would there have been any complaints?
How else would we know of these hunting DVD's. JM2CW

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
I am not a MS fan, but have no problem with ExpressYourself doing a little promoting on here.
Others have done the same without protest.
If he had only mentioned Ivans name would there have been any complaints?
How else would we know of these hunting DVD's. JM2CW

Oh, but he didn't just mention Ivan's name; and he didn't just mention MS's. He mentioned them both - together. The skeptic in me thinks that was not coincidence. Roll Eyes

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What did Mark Sullivan do for a living before becoming a PH? Certainly seems to have no money problems.

Armbar

Posts: 169 | Location: So Cal, ....USA | Registered: 25 May 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is OK.

Just like using the words "chalk and cheese"

It is to get a point across of something that might look similar on the surface, but far from it in truth rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
ok, im new here, so what am i missing? Confused

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted Hide Post
I just wish they would have shot some Cape buffalo. Wink

I never noticed any clients shooting. Did I miss something? Looked like all the same guy.

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BenKK:
Shawn, I loved the water buffalo footage - beautiful country, huge bulls. I have hunted buffalo not too far from there. PM inbound, Sir.

Ben...I sent you a reply.

Shawn

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Ivan and Mark in the same sentence. How sad for Ivan. I love Ivan's videos and just started watching his new ones over the weekend.

You could not force me to watch Mark's. Nobody should purposely wound anything to make it charge. What a joke.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark's new dvd "Use Enough Death" was excellant.I notice some of the followers here cant think for themselves when it come's to Mark Sullivan.They make others think for them,Sad deal......

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
I definitely think for myself and met the guy in person. He is all about Mark without question. Sad that you have to wound animals to make a DVD and I cannot support that.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Wound animals to make a dvd" complete BS......

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by capebuf:
"Wound animals to make a dvd" complete BS......

Let us see now.

Mark Sullivan has had more buffalo charges than any 100 well known African PHs put together.

Why is this happening?

What is the purpose of an African PH when guiding a client?

I thought it was to make sure the client gets his trophies in as little drama as possible.

And in the process kills his animals in an expedient and quick way to avoid any suffering.

And avoid shooting the clients animals.

Those 100 African PHs don't seem to have any problem meeting this goal.

Mark Sullivan, on the other hand, seems to do the exact opposite.

So what we see is an individual who is so far removed from being an African PH. He glorifies himself, and be littles his clients.

Of course, if you are incapable of doing your own hunting, if you are into hero worship, do whatever turns you on.

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ivan Carter, "Conservation through Hunting." tu2

Mark Sullivan shoots like shootaway from Quebec lately, by the sampling of that trailer.
All that is missing is the shooting helmet.
He seems to be slurring his speech and moving a bit slower. Traumatic brain injury from too much recoil,
or was it from thinking too hard about titles with the word "Death" in them?
I'd much rather watch a rerun of a Saeed Safari, with some redeeming social value to it, even though Walter might steal the show now and then.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had the pleasure to talk with Ivan and the displeasure to talk to Sullivan. You need only be in the conversation with either for a few minutes to see the difference in the two.

Ivan is the type of PH that will help to keep our sport alive. Sullivan is the type that will be ammunition for those that will try to take it away.

The scenes with the hippos or the wounded buffalo show what lack character Sullivan has.

On my first trip to Africa our PH showed us a Sullivan video as an example of what NOT to do.

I wish the site could develop a filter that when the name of Mark Sullivan came up it would delete the post.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had spoken, interviewed, published articles about them, driven them, shoot with both, pp.

Both, Ivan and Mark, are great PHs. Each has his own style. Everybody knows this and everybody can choose his PH. As I know from the last SCI-Show, both has sold all his safaris for this year.

Best wishes to the USA.

Bockhunter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After having viewed the short trailer, it gives one the impression that

A) Buffalo require a small war to bring them down, when in reality one well placed shot and a 15 min wait is usually what is required.

B) The Professional Hunter always backs up on dangerous game, which in my humble opinion is totally unnecessary, as most clients are accomplished marksman.

C) Provoked Hippo charges are the done thing.

D) Several missed shots and gut shots on Buffalo when all that is needed is a set of shooting sticks and a little time to make a killing shot.

Etc Etc

I am sorry to say, and whilst I know Mark and he is a likable person, this is not the way safaris are conducted, and anyone who watches this should keep this in mind. I think that it is high time that we in the industry realise that our clients are paying the bills and as such have come out for a hunting experince of their own and not to have their game shot by Professional Hunters. It is unfortunate that there are far to many DVD s out there that do not convey this impression...come on guys clean up your act.

Posts: 80 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen a couple of the MS DVD’s and this appears more of the same. Although the footage and the scenery are awesome, they’re not really my cup of tea. Since I don’t know MS I won’t pass judgment on him.

Nor do I know Ivan but I have a DVD and have seen many of his shows and enjoyed them all.

FWIW, I think there are two distinct mindsets in our sport; those of hunters and those of killers. I believe MS is a killer.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Mark Sullivan...I wonder if that name will get things going around here today?

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. FM:
I had spoken, interviewed, published articles about them, driven them, shoot with both, pp.

Both, Ivan and Mark, are great PHs. Each has his own style. Everyboday knows this and everybody can choose his PH. As I know from the last SCI-Show, both has sold all his safaris for this year.

Best wishes to the USA.

FM

The most insightful post on this thread.

Mike

Posts: 21695 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The most insightful post on this thread.
Thank you Mike.
:-)

And I want to add:
I had spoken witch nearly 8 clients from Mark and 5 clients from Ivan. Each of them are absoluty happy and they all said, that they have choosen the best PH. All said, they have some of the best days of theirs lives with Ivan or Mark (depent on the clienet) in the african bush.

Both of them wants to show in their movies good actions szenes and charges and close quarter shooting and dangerous moments and life and dead szenarios.

I would the say the different is: Ivan shows more nature and wild life and explain that and Mark shows more shooting, guns and explain the using of guns.

And, very important:
Both loves doubles.
Boths loves to shoot heavy calibers.
Both loves africa.
Both loves hunting.

Best wishes to the USA from Dubai.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Two of my friends trophies he shot this past season in Tanzania. PH Mark Sullivan

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I could not get the Sullivan trailer to work.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
I could not get the Sullivan trailer to work.

I am not sure what might be the problem on your end. The link in the first post is working correctly. Alternatively you can visit my Website, a link is in my signature below, and select DVDs. There are other trailers you can also view in addition to this one.

Best always,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. FM:
[QUOTE]The most insightful post on this thread.
Thank you Mike.
:-)

And I want to add:
I had spoken witch nearly 8 clients from Mark and 5 clients from Ivan. Each of them are absoluty happy and they all said, that they have choosen the best PH. All said, they have some of the best days of theirs lives with Ivan or Mark (depent on the clienet) in the african bush.

Both of them wants to show in their movies good actions szenes and charges and close quarter shooting and dangerous moments and life and dead szenarios.

I would the say the different is: Ivan shows more nature and wild life and explain that and Mark shows more shooting, guns and explain the using of guns.

And, very important:
Both loves doubles.
Boths loves to shoot heavy calibers.
Both loves africa.
Both loves hunting.

Best wishes to the USA from Dubai.

I guess its client satisfaction which counts in the end. Russ Broom

Posts: 80 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 March 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Any Ph who goes out of his way to get a charge is an idiot!

It is a tactic which screams LOOK HOW BRAVE I AM!

While in reality it is nothing of the sort.

One does not show how brave he is by having a loaded rifle in his hands and face a charging animal that he KNOWS is going to charge.

It is really is not much different than shooting fish in a barrel.

The true PH is the one who AVOIDS charges and does not shoot his clients animals.

From what some of our members have said, this latest Mark Sullivan film has an average of over 13 rounds fired for each animal killed!!

What sort of hunting is that?

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I guess I should address this to Saeed.

I’m curious what drives many posters here (mostly you) to endlessly express their displeasure about Mark Sullivan. I understand disagreement of Mark’s methods and his videos. No one is going to do things everyone likes 100% of the time and various opinions make for good forums. What I don’t understand, however, is why some go on the attack seemingly without end and whenever Mark’s name comes up in a thread or post certain individuals jump on the band wagon with more negative comments. With all the insults and bad commentary on AR the past few years Mark came on here one time, wrote an articulate and honest article from his point of view, never attacked his attackers, stated his facts in a gentlemanly manner, and that was it. In my opinion this stated strongly the quality of his character. Like him or not, he was to the point in a respectful manner. So to clarify my question, to Saeed and others: what drives you to continue the attacks? We all know you don’t like Mark or what he does but why can’t you just drop it? We all know your position. Why can’t you just let it go? Mark did.

Just curious, that’s all.
Cheers, gents.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Cal,

As long as Mark Sullivan continues his grossly distasfull way of hunting, we will continue to voice our objection to him.