THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Proper Response to Photos/Mounts of Immature/Unethically Taken "Trophies"
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proper Response to Photos/Mounts of Immature/Unethically Taken "Trophies"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
It's probable that most of the immature animals taken are due to the PH telling the client to shoot them. Very few beginning hunters, or even experienced hunters going after a species they have never seen in the wild before, are competent to evaluate the trophy. We all know the drill, you shoot the thing and the PH and his tracker start slapping you on the back, joy rings throughout the land and while nursing your hangover during next morning's first light call you tell the PH to send it over to the taxidermist toute de suite.

If it's the hunters first and last trip to Africa, then it's all over right there, and there's not much point in bursting his bubble. But if he gets hooked on hunting in Africa, in not too long a time he will realize himself that he shot a ho-hum specimen, he will change to another PH and like a reformed smoker will start telling everyone who wants to listen that real hunting is shooting the old males already passed their prime breeding age. So, to answer the question, I would probably say nothing about the trophy, and steer that person towards some well written descriptions and explanations of ethical trophy hunting. Then he can blame it all on the PH, as he should.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shooting a young impala when there are millions around doesn't have much of an impact on the sustainability of the species for hunting.

Shooting an adolescent male lion does. A big difference here all things considered. So without being an a$$ one can and should educate their fellow hunters on the subject. Certainly anyone worthy of the title Professional Hunter should.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A "proper response" depends on you. When I see photos that disturb my individual tastes, I try valiantly to keep my mouth shut or my hands in my pockets as the case may be. I try to do this whether it is a photo of a canned lion or a whitetail shot out from under a feeder.

There is no point. The shooter has made their decision, so let them live with it as I do with my decisions.

One of Us
Picture of BobT
posted Hide Post
Having never hunted in Africa, I wouldn't know a mature Waterbuck/Kudu/Impala if it poked me in the butt. That is why I'm trying to find a good PH to hunt with. I have corresponded with several and am rapidly narrowing the list but the one thing I tried to emphasize on my initial contact was that I wanted to kill mature animals under fair chase conditions. My decision to shoot a particular animal will depend on what the PH tells me about it, that is why I'm paying him. I have shot plenty of Whitetails and I have my own personal standards I try to take an animal that is past his prime and on the down hill slide (like me) if I'm after meat then I look for an old dry doe. I do this to satisfy myself not for herd management or anything else. I do try not to criticize someone else's "trophy" other than to say "imagine how big he would have been next year or the year after" when my son-in-law shoots an immature deer. BTW I have not killed a buck in the last 4 seasons and I don't really mind because I know that I when I tag the next one I'll be proud of him.

As previously posted I have to look in the mirror !

Bob

It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Posts: 48 | Location: Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 16 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

You must be a pilot. Good sig line.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wanderer:
The real question here is whether one individual has the right or obligation to seek to impose his personal ethics/standards/judgements (obviously superior)on another. If it's legal then you should keep your mouth shut. If it's not legal then you should turn them in.

Don't forget that by showing you his trophies or photos of them, the other fellow is looking to impose his ethics/standards/judgments on you, or at least implying that you ought to approve his.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
I'd pretty much follow the "Thumper rule" and just not say anything, even on a suspected "canned lion".

I've seen multiple post here about how hunters are duped into thinking they were hunting a wild lion, not knowing that it had just been trucked in the day before. I'd rather let them be proud of their "Botswana border crossing cattle killer", and be blissfully ignorant of their trophy's true heritage.

I'd rather not be a dream killer.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cable68:
I'd pretty much follow the "Thumper rule" and just not say anything, even on a suspected "canned lion".

I've seen multiple post here about how hunters are duped into thinking they were hunting a wild lion, not knowing that it had just been trucked in the day before. I'd rather let them be proud of their "Botswana border crossing cattle killer", and be blissfully ignorant of their trophy's true heritage.

I'd rather not be a dream killer.

Under those circumstances, it's not the hunter who should be criticised, it's the SOB that pulled the wool over his eyes. They're the ones that should be exposed and put out of business.

Unfortunately, it happens all too often.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Immature Animals, should you shoot them?If you do shoot them should they be called TROPIES?

There is no right answer to a question like this one, but there is a responsibility to show some restraint when making a judgment without knowing all the circumstances!
The jumping in on a subject with both feet while not knowing the facts is a problem that is rampant on the inter-net. As some have stated, a trophy is a trophy for many different reasons, not just it age, or its measurements. Sometimes the animal becomes a “once in a lifetime” because of how he was taken, or how difficult he was to outsmart, or even why he was taken.
Does anyone in his right mind think that a buffalo who charges you out of tight thorn, from less than 10 yds when you had no idea he was within twenty miles of you, and you had to take him or get slammed is not a trophy because he is young? I have such a buffalo on my wall, he is barely 35”, and has hair between his bosses. The first two shots fired at less than five yards when he charged us out and the thick thorn from the side. The next two at three yards, two from me, and two from the PH. If those had not stopped him I likely would not be writing this today! He is the most prized trophy in my trophy room, and I apologize to no one for my taking of him.
If I simply posted that picture on this forum, I would draw a rash of crap from every know-it-all on this forum and not one would have asked for the details, just convened a Kangaroo court.
I, like everyone else, hate the canned animal so-called hunts, but one must remember before jumping down a hunter’s throat, he may not have been aware of the fact that it was a canned hunt. Since the animal is already dead, if you rain on his parade by making him aware of the fact that was probably duped, will it bring the lion back, just destroy his dream, and waste his hard earned money. This happens more than many think, especially to first time hunters of Africa.
If you want to do something about the canned component of his hunt, simply ask him who he booked with, and start another thread later on canned lion hunts, and mention the name of the outfitter who did this hunt, without involving that hunter specifically. If he discovers he has been duped, from reading, he will likely not recommend that outfitter to others, but will spare him public ridicule.
Outside truly canned hunts, how people hunt, as long as it is within the game laws, is nobody’s business, but the guy paying the bill. The game laws are not made to please the people who hunt on the Internet, but to conserve the long-term viability of the game. If a hunter purposefully takes a younger animal because that is the one he wants, an there is a cull of animals of that same species in that area in the same year, he as done nothing to hurt the herd, but has simply cheated himself.

My opinion is just that it is MY opinion, and makes no sores on anyone’s butt who disagrees with it. That opinion is that many here seem to think they make the rules for everyone else. I understand the spirit in which this thread was started, and it is true that many things are done that are lawful, but not the best thing for conservation, but that is for the game departments to take care of. They are the ones who make the rules. If, however, a hunter wants to set the rule higher that is his prerogative, but not binding on you or me! bewildered

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
Would you rather spend some time looking at someone's immature trophies and talking about hunting or spend some time with an anti-hunter talking about why we should be allowed to continue to pursue our beloved sport?

We really can't afford to be fighting amongst ourselves.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since when are any of us the trophy police? Unless a guy asks me specifically about trophy quality of a particular mount I'll make a positive comment somehow. It is not hard to say something positive. I see no reason to steal the thunder from someone's safari. Given enough time they'll discover their tropies maturity/quality on their own.

This thread brings to mind the reason that I think tape measures and record books are important. If a guy goes on a hunt for animals he is unfamiliar with and does not realize what makes a representative trophy he is setting himself up to get screwed. Unscrupulous operators love a guy that says "I just want to hunt". They can do a whack and stack with this guy and he'll be none the wiser. If a client pulls out the tape a couple of times the PH will be more careful.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muletrain:
What do you say, when in a social situation, and a man introduces you to his wife who is obviously butt ugly? Do you come right out and tell him what you think? I hope not.

No. The polite and civil thing to do is smile and say something charming. Same goes for when a man is showing you his trophies. He is no less proud of them than his wife.

So, look at his immature buffalo, smile, and say "Very nice. Tell me about the rifle you used."

That's how we behave here. I would hope it would be the same in Massachusetts.

This and your most recent post are spot on!! Bravo!

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
Sometimes it isn't required that one comment on another's "trophies". And for animals shot on fenced private property, do "conservation" ethics apply?

Very wise indeed!!! The "isn't required to comment" should go without saying. As to those who choose to take essentially put&take animals... Well, to me this is nothing more than farming. We think nothing of eating meat, eggs and even some seafood that are products of the same thing. Animals were specificly bred and raised to be killed for human use. Arguing that taking a stocked antelope for a mount is totally wrong is the same as arguing that slaughtering a steer for meat and not mounting it's head is wrong.

There IS the perpetual debate on what size enclosure constitutes an ethical "hunt." I wont be drawn into that argument! But as far as I'm concerned the origins of the animals hunted is irrevalent so long as they are acclimated enough to not act like domesticated pasture animals.

The world over, the greatest enemy of hunters and hunting is OTHER HUNTERS who thump their chest and proclaim THEIR chosen hunting style is the ONLY way it should be done. Just because it isn't your cup of tea doesn't make it wrong!!!

Yes, there are "ethics" that should be universal and those should be easily understood by anyone of character. Trying to set standards that put hunting out of the reach of most people however is a slippery slope.
diggin

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was in my 20s I was stationed in Alaska. I went out by myself on a grizzly hunt. Shot a beautiful blond grizzly, but it was small; most often people who are not hunters make that observation. It doesn't bother me in the least. I did it by myself (spotted, stalked, shot him). I have been on many hunts guided and unguided, and without a doubt, the "trophies" I hold most dear are those I shot myself.

I have a pretty good kudu (you can see it on my writing website) that I shot running at 20 yards in very thick brush. It was an incredibly lucky shot. On that trip I also hunted gemsbok very hard. My gemsbok doesn't compare with my kudu, yet when I look at those mounts I remember how hard I tried for a big gemsbok.

I think it is a form on "hunting snobbery" to point out to those who might only get to Africa once or twice in their life that they shouldn't shoot immature trophies.

As for lions, who has the biggest impact? A guy who shoots 8 fully mature lions or some policeman on a once in a lifetime hunt who shoots a lion less than mature?

In Africa, anyone with enough money can shoot whatever they want. So what?

It is great to be concerned about lions, but the vast majority of hunters will only go on one lion hunt in their life. If there aren't enough breeding males, I say cut the quota. Anything other than that will result in lion hunting becoming even more elite than it is.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
quote:
The real question here is whether one individual has the right or obligation to seek to impose his personal ethics/standards/judgements (obviously superior)on another. If it's legal then you should keep your mouth shut. If it's not legal then you should turn them in.

That is it in a nutshell...

375 Ruger- The NEW KING of the .375's!!

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
"Canned" lions should be mocked relentlessly. If you want to shoot one and it is legal, you may do so. Upon displaying said beast, do not expect affirmation or congratulations from me.

In all other cases, "trophy quality" is too subjective for clear demarcations. One may prefer a wide-horned buffalo or a heavy-bossed bull or one with deep hooks or broken horns.

There are hunters who only care to collect a representative specimen and doesn't really care about size or length of horn.

George

agree on all counts..

It is NOT my money, and I will not demand how you spend it..

if you are after only trophies, hunt with a dart/tranq gun

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39622 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatehouse:
quote:

That is it in a nutshell...

+1,000,000

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39622 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Very interesting posts. Thanks for the spirited discussion.

Some of the things that hit home with me are:

1. PH's responsibilities. I agree that tourist hunters with no familiarity with the local game are totally dependent on their PHs.

2. Canned lion. I absolutely agree that anyone who does this should be publicly castigated. Anyone in the know can spot a canned lion a mile off, given the right info. Sometimes only one of the following questions needs to be answered. If all three are answered, we may not be in "beyond a reasonable doubt" territory, but we are close enough to satisfy my standards.
Q1 - What does it look like?
Q2 - Where was it shot?
Q3 - What's the story?

3. Experience is the best teacher. Most of us, including me, have shot an immature animal in our time. Most of us have learned from that. Hunting is not something that can be learned from a book or an internet forum. It has to be lived and its lessons have to be learned first hand.

4. Circumstances are important. Absolutely. To take the easiest example: If charged by a buffalo or a lion, shoot! Don't judge age, sex or size. Shoot!

5. It's okay as long as it's legal. I categorically disagree that if it's legal it's beyond criticism. See above re: canned lion. In at least some areas in Russia one can legally shoot game from a helicopter. Sorry, but I have a problem with that.

6. "What do you say, when in a social situation, and a man introduces you to his wife who is obviously butt ugly?" I generally say, "I see you are from Houston." Big Grin

7. The hunter's opinion is all that matters. I disagree with this statement. This is abject relativism and ignores the fact that standards regarding the taking of immature animals and ethical hunting practices have been developed over decades and reflect commonly held principles and values among hunters the world over. None of us is a law unto himself.

As I say, I appreciate that folks have commented here. It has given me a lot to think about. BTW: My policy is still - as a general matter - to say nothing.

sofa

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MR:

I totally agree with the comment about shooting from a helicopter. Many people do almost the same thing in NZ. When I hunted NZ, I insisted on climbing the mountain myself. After all, ANYONE can fly up the mountain and shoot an animal.

Which leads to this point: I would respect someone's so-so tahr much more than a giant one (not that the difference is obvious) shot by using helicopters in any form. But that is a "how to take" ethics issue as opposed to a "what to take."

I have always respected your opinions and posts; you and Forrest seem to be cut of the same cloth. But your whole post surprises me a bit.

The guy who can obviously afford to hunt anything is Saeed. He doesn't seem to be particularly choosy about the buff he shoots. He certainly does not kill the biggest buff in the herd every time. He obviously enjoys doing his hunts the way he does.

You could potentially pose the same question about trophy rooms. I see plenty of small tract houses crammed full of animals. Some even have lions - the hunts look like they cost more than the house. Looks kind of ridiculous to me, but so what? Not everyone can afford to build a custom house with a dedicated trophy room.

Before I started my software company I had to save for a while to pay for dangerous game hunts. I could not afford to go every year. I always remember what that felt like, and I will always remember that not everyone can be as choosy as those who can go to Africa every year. So even when I see a trophy pic of an animal I wouldn't shoot, I honestly don't question why he/she shot the animal. After all, that person is most likely on their first hunt and perhaps their only African hunt. Who am I to take away their joy? I have been to Africa more than once, but the best safari I ever had was my first.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I have no admiration for animals taken in a canned hunt nor for hunters that participate in canned hunts. That said, I don't need someone on TV or elsewhere preaching to me about only shooting a mature animal and yadda, yadda, yadda. It's my hunt and I'll shoot what I want to within the confines of the law and what I believe to be ethical hunting.

I also don't need comments on my trophies. My trophies are meant to bring back my pleasant memories and I don't need the adulations of others to give me a sense of fulfillment.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for lions, who has the biggest impact? A guy who shoots 8 fully mature lions or some policeman on a once in a lifetime hunt who shoots a lion less than mature?

The same question came to my mind also.

For years we have had people on this forum crying about the taking of soft-bossed buffalo. They say that these hunters should let the buffalo mature so that the next year another hunter can take it as a "real" trophy. These same guys don't seem to mind when someone kills 8 buffalo on one hunt.

I wonder, how many of these "immature" trophies would live to maturity if not killed by hunters? Africa is a pretty wild place. I think there might be a bit of wishful thinking in the idea that passing on an animal means that he will have a chance to pass on his genes, much less live to maturity.

In the case of lions I wonder how taking a mature pride holding male does not have more impact than taking a young male that does not yet have a pride.

What percentage of 4 year old males will ever have their own pride?

According to the current thoughts, the only males that should be shot are those who are mature but don't have a pride. I would guess this means that they don't yet have a pride or pride males that have been dethroned. What is the a average lifespan of one of these males?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Jason,

Management of a few species, notably Lion and Elephant are considerably more complex than most others.

In the case of Lions, if you take the prideholders, then the incoming males will kill all the dependent young to bring the females back into oestrus so they breed with the new boys etc. Therefore by killing the wrong Lion, you're not just killing one animal, you're killing considerably more. - It's a bit like dropping a pebble into a pool of water. The waves go a long way.

I hope you won't mind me correcting you slightly on your last paragraph. Current thoughts are that whilst it's OK to take non pride holders, it's also perfectly acceptable to take pride holding males as long as there are no dependent young, the males are towards the end of their natural reign and there are preferably younger males waiting in th wings to take over.

Hope that helps. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Current thoughts are that whilst it's OK to take non pride holders, it's also perfectly acceptable to take pride holding males as long as there are no dependent young, the males are towards the end of their natural reign and there are preferably younger males waiting in th wings to take over.

How the heck do you determine all these things about other lions if you see a lion?

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Conservation, ethics, sportsmanship and all the trimmings are a good thing. However, we are not far from needing a string of Lawyers, Consultants, Biologists, field writers, Agg Agents, Federal and State Wildlife Officers sitting in our tree stand or blind to tell us whether we should pass or shoot that 3.5 year old buck eating Grandpa's sweet pea's. Junior's just as confused, because even the lowly Doe is a real trophy to him. "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." We are fast becoming NOT the land of free choice, rather the land of the chastised, criticized and condemned. My advice to anyone that loves guns, hunting/shooting and the 2nd Amendment: Join the NRA, support it and let the pissing matches be someone else's worry. Just hunt.....while you can. UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!
LDK

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Simple, Act like a gentleman and be polite. If you feel the need to educate them do it at a later time. Take a different track so as not to cast aspersions on the individual or their trophies.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote