New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that our own Yukon Delta.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Writing about punching holes in pachyderms with some kind of levered thingamajig in the latest issue of African Hunter? clap

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
That was a good article. YD, have you had other articles published? Can writers count hunt costs as deductions on their Income Tax? Big Grin

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howdy. That was my first article but I have plans to write more...not because I'm good but because I'm stubborn.

Deductions you say? That was a very expensive article. I don't know how you guys can afford to write! I think if a writer starts with $2, he is fortunate to end up with $1 at the end of the day.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would love to read the article but I wouldn't have the first clue as to even how to find a copy of African Hunter. Can anyone reprint the article?
Should this confront copyright issues can anyone suggest how the article might be aquired?
Thanks, Mike

Posts: 97 | Location: Houston, TX USA | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
WARNING! MikeD, I just tried to go to the African Hunter mag site to get you the web address, and a virus/spyware attempted to load at that address.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Very good article YD. I got a good chuckle about Buzz' comment about John Sharp because that is EXACTLY how I walked up my buffalo. We left from camp on foot after a herd that had been right through camp during the night. We ran him down four hours later. Fortunately we were able to ride back after the kill. Dande North is some rough terrain! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote