THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone game for an un-canned lion hunt?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone game for an un-canned lion hunt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Just another morning in the deer blind...

And they laughed at me for carrying too much gun. Eeker

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
There are 75 tigers within 3 miles of my hunting cabin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFKCQRYwGmA

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
A tiger would do OK in Greenbriar County WV, but he's gonna be one cool cat when Winter gets in full swing in a month or so.
hillbilly

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
why did ne not just shoot it ?
he was in fear and used his flahlight to ward off the creature Roll Eyes

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've heard this story before ... only on the other side of the state. I'll bet if the fella had been equipped with a rifle he'd have used it. I can't blame him for not trying it with a bow.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are 75 tigers within 3 miles of my hunting cabin.

Ther are apprently as many as 10 000 privately owned Tigers in the US, I am sure MANY Lions too.

Apparently the govt. is cracking down on it after a few 'petting zoos' and photo ops with pet tigers turned ugly?

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
We get these stories in Pa. about lions( mountain lions)..They are seen and never photographed...By this time one should have been clipped by a car...

He should have used his arrow at 30 feet it would have been like shooting a deer... Eeker archer

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can not believe the fines and punishment would be as high, higher than the $50k to go to africa and shoot one. Big Grin

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:
why did ne not just shoot it ?
he was in fear and used his flahlight to ward off the creature Roll Eyes

He was bowhunting. I wouldn't shoot a lion with a pointy stick.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
I guess he wanted to play Craig Boddington and fight the lion off with his Surefire. dancing

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The next DRSS field trip.

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro