THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    The Accurate Reloading knife by Tim Wegner!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Accurate Reloading knife by Tim Wegner!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted
I think this great offer by Tim Wegner deserves a thread of its own (it was originally posted here.)!

quote:
Hey Guys

I'd love to supply a knife to any and all who would like one.

Here is what I can do:
The Professional Hunter -Lite which is made offshore has an MSRP of $ 59.95.

I can sell them to you guys in a package deal for a total cost of $ 42.50 per knife.
The PH Lite can be had in orange or black and with or with out serrations.

This price includes:

# 1. Our landed manufacturing cost.

# 2. Fedex Ground Shipping. Anywhere in the Continental USA.

# 3. It also icludes a name laser etched on the blade.

I will also etch the AR forums logo on the blade.(If Saeed will give us his blessing and permission to use it).

If any of you want the premium U S made S30V version of the “Professional Hunter†selling at an MSRP of $139.95 the cost will be $ 86.50 each for the same type of package deal, but it will only apply to the G10 handled version.

You can check both models out on our website.

The below text contains some of my personal insight on the knife's design and intended use. It was written with the original S30V/G10 model in mind but still applies to the PH-Lite model as well.

“The Wegner Professional Hunter’s Knifeâ€

Most people look at a hunting knife as being primarily a skinning knife and neglect five other very important tasks:
field dressing, quartering, boning, disjointing and caping.
Another task that must be mentioned is the use as a survival tool in the event of a backcountry emergency.All of the above tasks can be accomplished with one knife and without the aid of an ax or a saw.

Being an avid hunter I designed the Wegner Professional Hunter to be a multi-tasking knife that will accomplish all that a back country hunter requires of it in the field and still keep it’s edge. It is ideal for large Whitetails and Mule deer but really excels on moose and elk sized game.

The concept of using one knife to do all the field work saves on the hassle of having to carry the extra weight of three or four specialty knives far into the field. The modified Loveless style semi-skinner blade is dropped just enough to open a carcass without snagging the paunch. The blades skinning belly is comprised of a gradual sweep that works great removing the hide from the largest game by using an even rocking motion utilizing the blade's full belly rather than the tip.

The knife's tip is strong and sharp and not only aids in opening up the body cavity, but more importantly, its’ sharpness gives it the ability to perform intricate cutting chores where precision control is required. The thin flat ground S30V blade is just right for cutting flesh, but will take heavy abuse such as the demanding jobs of disjointing and quartering.

The thin non-slip G10 handle was designed to fit all hands with or without gloves. The large “V†opening hole makes deploying the blade an easy one handed operation. The handle is ergonomically shaped and comfortable for long periods of time in all configurations. The spine has 3 sets of serrations for precision finger placement and control when performing delicate cutting operations. The choil is also serrated. All of the serrations serve to give one the ability to index the blade so you know where the tip and cutting edge is at all times. The handle has double nested liners and a rock solid liner lock that’s built to withstand the toughest field conditions.
The handles open construction allows for easy cleaning. Just a wipe down in the field and a thorough hot water rinse back at camp and an occasional drop of oil on the pivot screw is all that is necessary to keep the knife in good working order.

A piece of nylon cord in the thong hole comes in handy working in deep snow or over water.
Ever dropped a knife in 3 feet of snow?

Top it all off with a total weight of 4.3 ounces the PH is light enough for daily carry.

These are just some of the considerations that went into the design of the Wegner Professional Hunters knife and were derived from my 35 or so years of field experience.

Cheers!

Tim Wegner
Designer/Manufacturer
President
Blade-Tech Ind. Inc

The Blade-Tech website, with all the information about the knives is here:
http://www.blade-tech.com/home.php

I would indeed like one or two of these knives, once Saeed give his blessing. Tim, will you please give some information on how you want os to order, once all is clear?

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I wopuld be interested in these knife also. Let me know how to go about ordering it Tim....

Thank you for the offer thumb

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Yes, I want one too!

I work for the Australian importer and distributor of Bladetech products (Granite Arms) and I like the products very much so would love one of these knives with my name and the AR logo on it.

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Since I'm a sucker for quality knives that are well-designed, I'd like to have a copy of the American-made S30V version.

No, make that two copies.........

AD

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with Allen, I want one of the American made knives.

Please let us know.

Regards,
Pat

one of us
posted Hide Post
I used http://www.blueridgeknives.com/index.cgi? in the past when I rep'd knives. They sold me knives at what they listed was 1/2 retail.

You could register there and see how their prices compare. A tax certificate is required.

As for myself I like folders but have some. This knife topic keeps coming up and I can't get interested enough to reregister with them. BRK was a good vendor back then.

Got a new chain saw that needs to go to work here. Time to get the wood in.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
I might be interested in one of each. Looking forward to hearing the ordering details. Thanks much, Tim!

---
Eric Ching
"The pen is mightier than the sword...except in a swordfight."

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I'm interested.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
What about an additional option of having our AR screen names etched in the blade too, right under the AR logo?

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in American please

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll take an S30V.

Okie John

"The 30-06 works. Period." --Finn Aagaard

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to see a picture.

Ski+3

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like 3 of the Professional Hunter G10s (two are gifts)and one of the Pro-Hunter Extremes. I understand that the Extreme will not be at the $86.50 price but can you tell me what it would be? Thank you for this offer I appreciate it very much! You or someone can PM me regarding the total price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me know how to order, and what the turnaround time is please.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I'd like one too!!
Let me know the details on where to send my check.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Oh, heck, incude me in also. Got grandsons who would like grandpa's old Gerber Gator folding knives, so they won't be wasted or thrown out.
roflmao

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
sounds good, i would like to see one done with the engraving thumb

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27608 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Is there any chance of getting the G10 version with orange handles?

Could you do it if you had a certain quantity requested?

Like JJHack, I have a preference for orange in things that might get dropped in the woods.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
Count me in for 3 of the S30V's

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 226 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like an orange and a black no serrations pro hunter lite with the name and the ar logo, to add to my collection of your knives that get used daily in my job as a food magazine editor, pro shooting coach and hunting guide/agent.

since i'm in singapore could i get someone to send them to me here? additional shipping sirs?

cheers, tm

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Count me in for one of the American made knives at 86.50.

Thanks,
HOOT

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like the professional hunter. Thanks much. Look forward to receiving your product.

Best,

WHM

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
As Mark our moderator suggested, is it possible to get the American blade with orange slabs? That's the one I'd like. If not, black will have to do.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Put me in for the $86.50 pro hunter...Like the orange sides no serrations...Let me know where to send the $$

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Hey Tim!

What are the chances of getting the AR logo on the handle clap

And our user names on the blade???

I'd order quite a few of the 42.00 ones if that's possible

Please let me know Thanks! thumb

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in for a US made S30 as well. If I can get it with orange scales that would be great.

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of formerflyer
posted Hide Post
I'm in for a couple of each as well. Just let us know how and where to order.

"If you can get closer, get closer. If you can get steadier, get steadier."

Posts: 117 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: 14 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Nice offer...I would like an American as well.
Thanks
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uplandhunter
posted Hide Post
I too would like the american blade with an orange handle. If possible. Let me know where to send the money.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair

http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 203 | Location: Northeast, Nebraska | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tim_Wegner
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys

Thanks for all the interest!

I am working on a specific "AR Members Only Order Form" which I'm hoping to be able to make available from our website.
(I'm checking with my webguys now to see what we can do to make it happen)

If that's not possible I can email the order form(s) upon recieving PM's from anyone wishing to order knives. They could then be faxed or mailed in.

As far as screen names being etched on the blades that should be no problem.

First off I'll need to see if I can get the logo replicated in a size small enough but still legible. That may mean the AR screen name will have to go on the reverse side with or in place of your actual names.

Unfortunately we will not be able to engrave or etch anything on the knife handles at the quoted package price. CNC engraving takes quite a bit mote time and in some cases the knife has to be partially disasssembled. As far as laser etching the handle slab goes the blade etching looks much nicer and crisper when done in the cold, hard, steel.

As to shipping time frames The PH-Lites should only take a couple of days to maybe a week from the time they are ordered. Specials like the US made orange G10 models could take 4-5 weeks since we don't stock precut orange G10 slabs as it is too hard to come by. We primarily use it for our OEM customers who order Fire & Rescue type knives.

We'll have a box on the form for alternate shipping methods such as 3 day, 2 day & overnite plus overseas etc...However hose methods will require a phone call or email to confirm added costs.

I will keep you all posted as to how the ordering process will go once a system it is set up and in place.

Cheers!

Tim

Posts: 99 | Location: McCleary, WA | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'am good for one, maybe more. Need the details of the logo, how to order etc., and other questions as above.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Emerson

Posts: 106 | Location: Rockwall, Texas | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim,

I'll take 6 in S-30V...We'll give'em out to my clients on this year's Mulie hunts!

Can we get our logo on them?

Thanks for making a great product!

Drop me an e-mail and we'll get settled-up.

Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim,

I'd be interested in one of each too.

Regards
JohnT

Posts: 370 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to upgrade my S30V to an orange handle if Mr. Wegner is willing -- perhaps we've uncovered a new niche market for him.

Stock is fine otherwise, but my order stands in any case.

Okie John

"The 30-06 works. Period." --Finn Aagaard

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
btt

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about shipping to Europe? I´d be interested in a SV30 with the works (logo etc). When do we order and where do we send the funds?

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Tim yesterday afternoon briefly. The knives are all ready to go right now but he wants to wait on the permission to use the AR logo on the blades. Saeed has not replied to us so we are on standby with this awaiting the go/no-go from Saeed.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Rural Wa. St. & Ellisras RSA | Registered: 06 March 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Is the logo going to be on the left side of the blade near the bolster where his name normally is, or somewhere else?

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tim_Wegner
posted Hide Post
UPDATE!

I have an AR forum "only" order form worked up. It a has all the model's options, pricing $ alternate shipping instructions etc...
I'm just waiting on two things.
An OK from Saeed and a way for all of you to access the form, fill it out and send it in without alot of hassle.

Will keep you posted!

Posts: 99 | Location: McCleary, WA | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Thanks Tim. I can't wait.