THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    DSC registration onsite is a massive mess

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC registration onsite is a massive mess
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Credit card system down. 30 minute line wait. Register in advance on the website if you can. Still a 15-20 min line. Can’t imagine how bad ATL will be….

Posts: 10163 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Appears they did not learn from last year .

Posts: 11974 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

The are too busy awarding themselves satchels rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
The line moved slowly. Talking to the gent that signed me in. He received about 10 minutes of training on the system being used and when he sat down he was using a different system to sign in attending parties.
So in i went.
I think attendance was off a little.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1576 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One way to avoid the registration fiasco is to volunteer for one of the many committees, only a couple of hours work earns you a name badge that gives entry every day. There are committees one can work during the show, store, coffee cart, etc. Based on what I saw during move in on Tuesday, there was definitely a shortage of volunteers.
I wasn’t at the show today but spoke with several folks that were (my wife being one) who all said that it looked like attendance was down. I think Sunday might be a really bad day, weather supposed to be bad and getting worse and, for the first time in a long time, the Cowboys are playing a playoff game at AT&T stadium. Those gates open at 10:00 am and I suspect lots of people will be either attending the game or a watch party. We will see!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2759 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgot a bit…I store a couple of exhibitor booths between conventions and deliver them to the convention center. When I arrived the first people to show up to help were DSC staff and Chair of the move in-move out committee. Even the director of operations and the CEO were helping unload and move exhibitors, credit where credit is due…

Karl Evans

Posts: 2759 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just spent the day there. Good show, well attended. Everyone commenting on the slow registration process. Next time, I will buy my tickets in advance and hope they can process them quickly. This is just a slow process. At noon, no lines today, but I suspect this weekend will be slow...

Posts: 10163 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i got there at 9:45 this morning. Pre-registered last night. I had no issues what so ever. Showed my QR code and smooth sailed through the badge process and walked onto the convention floor.

I'm not sure what issues the others had. I thought it was a huge improvement over previous years.

Posts: 486 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gsganzer:
i got there at 9:45 this morning. Pre-registered last night. I had no issues what so ever. Showed my QR code and smooth sailed through the badge process and walked onto the convention floor.

I'm not sure what issues the others had. I thought it was a huge improvement over previous years.

Yea
I didn't make it last year. We where in line and a volunteer told us about the online....we got out of line did the online thing quickly and we where in. Pretty neat.

The technology impaired won't like it.....

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not sure what issues the others had

I can confirm that

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Sunday attendance should be interesting all right, with a wind chill in the teens all day -- warmer than here in west central TX.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

This year was a lot better than last year, if you pre-registered. Last year, there were long lines even if you pre-registered. Yesterday morning, around 8:55, there was no line to speak of; I walked right up to a scanner, scanned my QR code, waited 60 seconds for it to print my badge, and headed for the doors. It did take a few minutes right at 9 to get through the doors, but not long.

So as dogcat says... "Register in advance on the website if you can."

Posts: 679 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I was not smart enough to preregister and had to wait in line but after that I thoroughly enjoyed it. People were friendly, amazing how many people I meet that had hunted or fished with the folks I was looking at. Over all very good time. LET'S FACE IT, WE WAIT IN LINE FOR ALMOST EVERYTHING WE DO. DOCTORS, ball games Wal Mart.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree 100%.

My experience was the same as yours. Pre-registered and then had my badge within 2 minutes at show opening on Thursday. It was way better than last year.

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Had not been to Dallas in a couple years. Went Wednesday morning not knowing they are going the SCI route with badges. Line to register was very long. But walked to the side and did the online registration on my phone and got 4 of us through in less than 10 minutes. Was simple.

Mac

Posts: 1725 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McKay:
Had not been to Dallas in a couple years. Went Wednesday morning not knowing they are going the SCI route with badges. Line to register was very long. But walked to the side and did the online registration on my phone and got 4 of us through in less than 10 minutes. Was simple.

It is when the system does not crash or the credit card system works. I did it today and it was quick! Must have fixed it!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I will echo what Gordon says above. While improvement can be made (as in any situation), it was WAY better than last year.

I went through the regular line on Thursday and was amazed at how quickly they processed people…it moved quickly.

On Saturday I brought a group of youth I hadn’t planned on and processed them electronically — got badges relatively quickly.

While I was super busy at the show this year with business…it did seem as attendance was down. However, the show floor was as spectacular as ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36617 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote