Tools

A Unique, One Of A Kind Trophy!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Words fail me!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only Walter!! rotflmo

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very high quality work on the Walter species. Very realistic.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
His thinning mane signify's a male well past his prime. A great one to take.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What caliber for a Walter? I'd think that a 22. Short would suffice.

Posts: 389 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
Let me guess... Prof Von Hagen played a role in this? Confused

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ugliest mount I have ever seen, would not want to ugly up my trophy room that badly. Big Grin

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Culpepper:
Ugliest mount I have ever seen, would not want to ugly up my trophy room that badly. Big Grin

Walter says "stop looking in the mirror!" rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Need to get me a new mirror if that's what is looking back at me. jumping

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like there was a bit of hair slippage with the mount. I would have had my taxidermist get a better looking skin.

Posts: 88 | Location: Reno, NV | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nevadan:
Only Walter!! rotflmo

Don

That's actually Jolobourn saving the last Impala from the last Leopard on this Earth...

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
His thinning mane signify's a male well past his prime. A great one to take.

But one also has to take into account that those teeth don't look adequately worn. The mane thinning is likely due to poor genetics!

Posts: 249 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Is he past his prime and losing his mane or is he a special genetic breed that offers a very unique mane color.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bos en Dal Safari's
posted Hide Post
Very nice

Best Regards
Gerrit Jansen van Vuuren
Bos en Dal Safaris
www.bosendal.com
Tel: +275158307
email: gerrit@ehw.co.za

Posts: 56 | Location: Rustenburg South Africa  | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
nice mount, but the face isn't right. hard to find a taxidermist that can get a walter face right.

also, what's the unicorn horn on the left side of the photo?

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great support role Walter!

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good tree------

is that a narwhal tusk in the background-is so is there a story?

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like when mounting an old Bear with no teeth left to speak of, I wouldn't have gone the extra money for the open-mouth pose.

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't think I'd have gone with the full body mount, maybe just a European-style, at least until I got a better specimen...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10423 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I think you should contact your taxidermist to make sure you got the right one, I know some hair slippage is normal but that does not look like the same animal that I saw in your video.

I do applaud your trophy selection, definitely well past breeding age.

Big Grin

In all seriousness, a very nice mount!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
clap That wasn’t an accident! Saeed pushed Walter and the impala into the leopard’s cage to feed the leopard because Walter screwed up the mailing list for Saeed’s hunting DVDs.

..................................................................... jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
That impala is a jaws!

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the leopard knew what would happen if Walter caught it. Nine months from now we'd have a litter of walpards. I'd be jumping and twisting getting the heck out of there too!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
I think the leopard knew what would happen if Walter caught it. Nine months from now we'd have a litter of walpards. I'd be jumping and twisting getting the heck out of there too!

Would those be walpards or lepers??

Posts: 10423 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know we are suppose to only take animals past their breeding age, but an exception should have been made in this instance.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
I know we are suppose to only take animals past their breeding age, but an exception should have been made in this instance.

You think it bred?

one of us
posted Hide Post
This will make Mark Sullivan jealous, for sure!
Walter is looking so manly there, demonstrating the proper technique of bare-handed leopard hunting.
Letting the leopard decide how he wants to die:
By Walter's teeth or by Walter's claws?

Outstanding.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Walter; what a ham clap

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
What was the skull measurement on Walter? Did he make the book?
Big Grin

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Now wouldn't you think that the taxidermist would've removed that ugly hairy growth coming out of the leopards elbow sofa

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Colin Castelli
posted Hide Post
The Walter's nose is pink, absolutely no black. THis Walter should not have been shot, you can't always judge the age of a Walter by the size of the mane and tooth wear....

Posts: 180 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 16 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Well, the impala and leopard are first rate. But, what happened with the monkey? (You look better behind a buffalo Mr. Walter.)

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
All I can say is, thank God it's unique and one of a kind! Eeker

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
yuuuh that mount is not good looks like the taxidermist took the wrong spesie.... dancing

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Looks like the taxidermist missed getting the hide stitched up completely over the stuffing at the belly.

Thank goodness that leopard mount wasn't rotated 180 degrees.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
A few thoughts on this fine (?) specimen.

Clearly well past breeding age.
Outer Circle? No, not so much.
Mercy Kill.
Cull.
Mange?
His mane is a little thin on top, although, I am sure he has hair back to his nu.... ugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Tell Walter that when he meets his demise that his wife has given you permission to have him mounted for your trophy room. Tell him that she has also told you that you can choose the pose. Big Grin Do you think that you could then convince Animal Artistry to stuff him? Fat chance!! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
East african santa claus?

Posts: 193 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by David Culpepper:

Walter says "stop looking in the mirror!" rotflmo

I want Walter's mirror; they must sell them at Walmart cuz I see lots of fat women wearing tight pants in that place...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
rotflmo Awesome!

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote