THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Judgement Day: Who on this forum has hunted with Mark Sullivan? Post your experienc
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Judgement Day: Who on this forum has hunted with Mark Sullivan? Post your experienc
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is interesting. Much is made that no individual who has ever hunted with Mark has come forward to defend him. I don't remember reading any posts by accusers who hunted with him either. Thus, using typical AR keyboard justice he is innocent and guilty. Case closed!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Frederick:
Dear Tanz PH,
If I may, I would like to point out one major error in your postings. You are trying to apply logic, something that is totally foreign to a lot of posters on this forum, let alone the facts.

You might as well try to push a sloppy turd up a steep slope with a sharp stick.

jumping Hahahaha...asante sana!

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LJS:
This is interesting. Much is made that no individual who has ever hunted with Mark has come forward to defend him. I don't remember reading any posts by accusers who hunted with him either. Thus, using typical AR keyboard justice he is innocent and guilty. Case closed!

My point exactly! thumb

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
perhaps a well written NDA protects the guilty moreso than the innooent?

His videos are more damning than anything I could post.

I guess he doesn't have any friends...?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by RBHunt:
OK, 80 posts; 2,857 views (that's Two thousand, Eight hundred Fifty seven Views) at this point, and still all the people in the world who check out Accurate Reloading, no one has yet to post that they actually hunted with Him. For those who have not figured it out, I have never hunted with Him. May be time to end this thread.

I'm not sure how you guys managed to miss this by our own Dave Fulson:

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:

... In 1993 I spent over two months filming portions of "Death On The Run" for Sullivan in Tanzania. I was, and still am grateful for the chance that trip provided me. During that safari I saw and filmed a lot of hunting, shooting ( yes, some by MS) and experienced safari life with Mark. I was impressed with his bedside manner with clients, and felt that he truly enjoys Africa and the adventure he finds in his role of P.H The clients who I was in camp were in awe of him ( as many hunters of their P.H.'s no matter where they hunt) and there were some great trophies taken from some very good areas. I had some real good memories from that hunt, but also crossed swords with Mark on one matter that got very ugly, very fast. It was and is a private problem, and to both our credit as guys that can go from 0 to 60 real quick, we solved it to our satisfaction. While there were situations that I did not agree with on the trip, there is one area I will address. I saw a lot of buff shot on that trip, and I never saw one by either MS or a client intentionally wounded to provide charge situations. Charges did happen, and you know that MS relishes those situations like no other P.H I had seen before or since, but none ON THAT SAFARI were wounded in order to prompt angry animals. Poor shooting was to blame in the instances I filmed. Mark wanted to be well known, he has stated that from day 1. Mission accomplished in the safari biz. To some he is more infamous than famous, to each his own. I never hunted, or tried to hunt with Mark after that hunt, but I look back on it as a good experience all in all. Besides those days in '93 I cannot comment on a single aspect of his methods in the field. I have seen his DVD's , and like many of you have disagreed with some of the content. Enough said. Jeff asked someone with experience on safari with Mark to state their experience. That is what I have done. Certainly my limited experience in the field is simply a peek into a long career and should not be taken as anything but that. I never saw the wounding of game for video purposes on that one safari. Others may have different experiences...

I will repost Dave's post in its entirety, I shortened it in my post by adding some.......in an attempt to show that I thought maybe he was just filming and not a client of MS's. In the process I have perhaps confused some members and/or altered what Dave was trying to say. I also joked that MS had taken my 93 year old grandmother on an aardvark hunt and that I had booked a hunt with MS at the 2010 SCI convention, when indeed MS was not even in attendence. I assure you all that was only in jest. If anyone thinks I was intentionally lying, I was not. I apologize to Dave for altering the words and in so doing altered the meaning of his post. I will no longer post to this subject.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Frederick:
Dear Tanz PH,
If I may, I would like to point out one major error in your postings. You are trying to apply logic, something that is totally foreign to a lot of posters on this forum, let alone the facts.

You might as well try to push a sloppy turd up a steep slope with a sharp stick.

Took the words right out of my mouth

" Knowledge without experience is just information. "

- Mark Twain

Posts: 141 | Location: santa maria, ca | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
A PH by the name of Sherdell from Usangu Safaris told me that MS gut shoot buffalo with a .223 to get charges.

I have been on six safaris, and not one PH has had anything good to say about Mark, except for his shooting.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samir:
A PH by the name of Sherdell from Usangu Safaris told me that MS gut shoot buffalo with a .223 to get charges.

I have been on six safaris, and not one PH has had anything good to say about Mark, except for his shooting.

Wow usangu....there's a sterling reputation! rotflmo

Did your PH observe this first hand? If so, did he file a written report to Daressalaam? Or is this maybe just more gossip?

Next time I see MS I'll ask him if he even owns a .223. I doubt a man who thinks a .470 is a lady's rifle would even consider owning a .223. I could invite him to come film on my safaris as I get clients gut & leg shooting buffalo by themselves on a fairly regular basis (not to mention those wounded by poachers) Would save him money importing a.223 to TZ.

Did your six PHs say anything bad about him?; or did they just NOT say anything good about him? There's a big difference. If bad, please tell us in detail what they had to say.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
yep, Pano Calavrias had a LOT of bad stuff to say about him when i hunted with him 6-7 years ago.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or we could start a Lonesome Dove forum .......... Just filling space until the MS hunters show up. Smiler

I am an avid Lonesome Dove fan (I thnk it is the greatest Old West depiction of all time) but, being a contemporary (almost) of Wyatt Earp I opt for a Tombstone thread.

Actually I am new to this forum and haven't been to Africa or have any knowledge of Mark Sullivan -- I am just perusing old threads as part of my Forum "education".

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Posts: 74 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: 10 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My favorite quote from Lonesome Dove...
Woodrow Call.. "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it."

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My favorite quote from Lonesome Dove...
Woodrow Call.. "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it."

And mine: (Gus McCrae} ..... "Life is short, shorter for some than others."

Sorry for the "thread drift".

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Posts: 74 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: 10 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HAY-MAN:
Alright, I'll stick my 2 cents in here. I just recently watched Appaloosa for the 1st time and must say Everett was great. A loyal friend with a mean ass 8 gauge shotgun. Great show.
Scott

Appaloosa was good as recent western, however, Russel Crowe was fantastic as the role of "Ben Wade" in "3:10 to Yuma"! This was actually a remake of the 1950's film where Glenn Ford played Ben Wade. Wade referred to his gun as the "Hand of God", and the grip was inlaid with a gold Crucifix. Ben Wade claimed in the movie that he actually read the bible from cover to cover in 3 days at the age of 8. 3:10 to Yuma was actually filmed right outside of Santa Fe New Mexico. When I was out visiting the Plaza in Santa Fe last year, one of the local jewelers who has a shop there, was the one who was hired to cast the gold Crusifix for the gun stock. He was requested to make three sets for the movie.

We see quite a lot of that here...lol

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

Posts: 332 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
This thread is the exact same situation in Botswana - we are allways accused by the anti hunters for doing this and doing that - we have replied in many public forums - its a crime to witness something and not report it, so if anybody saw Mark Sullivan do somehting wrong - they are obliged to report it to the legal authorities . Otherwise its just rumour, or urban legend. MS's reputation is largely based on hearsay - I have also heard good and bad - but thats what it is - hearsay. So from a marketing point of view - hats off to Mark it worked. But to the reputation of hunting its not good - so that why we need anyperson who has any concrete facts or proof to do the right thing - otherwise - lets stop spreading the BS.

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This thread is the exact same situation in Botswana - we are allways accused by the anti hunters for doing this and doing that - we have replied in many public forums - its a crime to witness something and not report it, so if anybody saw Mark Sullivan do somehting wrong - they are obliged to report it to the legal authorities . Otherwise its just rumour, or urban legend. MS's reputation is largely based on hearsay - I have also heard good and bad - but thats what it is - hearsay. So from a marketing point of view - hats off to Mark it worked. But to the reputation of hunting its not good - so that why we need anyperson who has any concrete facts or proof to do the right thing - otherwise - lets stop spreading the BS.

+1

seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SBB,

you ready to send me the serial number of that broke-down Searvy 500 yet so I can start the process of getting it back here to be repaired?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I've not hunted with MS. But over the years I've heard a lot of noise and at least four accounts of guys whom have actually hunted with MS. All four accounts were positive. Seen lots of negative first hand reports about other PHs though.

As I said, there is always a lot of noise being generated but few facts. Other than the people all making positive first hand reports.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nitrox,

get at least one of them to post his hunt report with the man.

So far the "friends of mark" Club has no members.

Rich

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
This one will rattle on and on but you need to bear in mind that few if any PHs are going to comment publicly on something that would almost certainly be impossible to prove absolutely and could possibly/probably get them involved in both legal and professional issues. - You might possibly get a different answer if you asked by email or PM but I doubt you'll get any real answers on a public forum.

Probably the closest you'll get to the truth is by reading between the lines of one or two of the earlier comments on this thread.