New
Find
Notify
Tools

All Time Hot Button Topics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was just reading the Cal Pappas thread on Marc Sullivan and his videos. It got me thinking, what are the all time "hot button" topics on AR?

Here are a few I remember -
1. Canned lion hunting

2. Marc Sullivan

3. 45-70 as a dangerous game gun

4. Helicopter hunting in New Zealand

5. Shooting from the truck

6. Fat guys - in general

7. Muzzle brakes..

8. Ray Ray Atkinson and his photoshop skills posting deer pics and his bait and switch hunt with Pierre Von Tonder

8. Ray Ray and his lawyer - Doug Chester

9. Capstick and his real experience

10. Was Pondoro Taylor gay or not

11. Carmelo and his antics

12. Cindy Garrison and her antics

What others?

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back off Cindy Garrison pal... rotflmo

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Didn't Nixon steal a bunch of TC's off a chap who gives Llamas a good packing?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Oh, that's just wrong! Funny as hell though!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Spotlighting Cindy Garrison and Mark Sulivan out of a Helicopter shooting a fat guy with a 45-70 out of a truck when they are supposed to be shooting a canned Lion with Ray Atkinson and his pretend attorney who represents muzzle brake companies.

That really is a hot topic for me. Luckily, I think this is the first time in the history of AR anyone has brought it up.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
POS Remington 700s...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
It would be fun if Saaed would post a "all time stats". Most viewed etc from the beginning of this forum.

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Llamapacker stealing Nixon's checks and Blair stealing his client's money may not be "hot" like Cindy Garrison, but they are IMO the most unbelievable threads:

1. If you study the postings made by Llamapacker as well as the timing, the fact he never mentioned the theft until Nixon tried to cash his checks, etc. it is clear Llamapacker is a liar. That he would screw a guy because his hunt didn't turn out the way he wanted is just unreal.
2. Blair not refunding his commission has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen on AR.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Spotlighting Cindy Garrison and Mark Sulivan out of a Helicopter shooting a fat guy with a 45-70 out of a truck when they are supposed to be shooting a canned Lion with Ray Atkinson and his pretend attorney who represents muzzle brake companies.

That really is a hot topic for me. Luckily, I think this is the first time in the history of AR anyone has brought it up.

You just made my list of top 10 posts this year!!!

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Don't forget any post having anything to do with SCI....

and PH's following up and shooting at your game. (Probably less of an issue after the pounding those guys took last year!) And of course, which is the best, double gun or bolt rifle and bullet selection for DG!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Don't forget any post having anything to do with SCI....

and PH's following up and shooting at your game. (Probably less of an issue after the pounding those guys took last year!) And of course, which is the best, double gun or bolt rifle and bullet selection for DG!

What chew talkin bout Russ? Everybody know SCI is FIRST for hunters and the ONLY acceptable rifle for use on DG is a DR!! flame

Hang on now, let me get my fox hole dug. diggin

Cool

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Terminal Bullet Performance is our most viewed thread.

It has almost 11,000 posts, and almost 300,000 views, and goes to 273 pages.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Good hot button list.

I guess I would add:

1. Bowhunting for DG.

2. The use of small bores for elephant (W.D.M. Bell is always dragged into those discussions).

There have been some spirited debates on those topics!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Andrew, you are close, but have it backwards. The guy that gives the llamas a good packing paid Nixon in travelers checks and then reported them stolen, thus giving Nixon a good packing also.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Terminal Bullet Performance is our most viewed thread.

It has almost 11,000 posts, and almost 300,000 views, and goes to 273 pages.

I have not noticed that much fighting on that thread, just discussing with gusto!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

yuck

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
You forgot an oldie but a goodie...

Federal Match King bullets used on game!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
Andrew, you are close, but have it backwards. The guy that gives the llamas a good packing paid Nixon in travelers checks and then reported them stolen, thus giving Nixon a good packing also.

Bit like why faggots are first to leave the hotel in the morning. Cause they get their shit packed the night before.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
What about that elephant hunt, the one with the 5 or 10 pound tusks?

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doubles versus magazine rifles!

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
You forgot an oldie but a goodie...

Federal Match King bullets used on game!

+1 I seem to remember a long thread about Sierra Match Kings for big game hunting.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:

You forgot that part about that Wendell guy being a liar. That was an entertaining 50 pages or so as I recall. Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
See below:

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Lion aging!!

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PSmith:

Now there is a dude for whom I felt very sorry.

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Shooting hard versus soft boss buff or how to tell soft versus hard - buff that is.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Haven't mentioned the puny 375 or Barnes bullets Roll Eyes

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bow hunting dangerous game

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Out of Africa Adventurous Safaris

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3832 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fenced vs. Unfenced and how big a fence makes it "unfenced".
k

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two topics come to mind:

Wendell Reich's inexplicable refusal to personally deliver (and guarantee the condition of) African trophy shipments...

...and...

...any topic on which Shootaway has an opinion.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Oh, what memories! nilly

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Now wait a minute, I think my HEIN CONTACT? thread scored fairly high for post count! Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
How did we leave out:

1. Is a 375 H&H enough gun for DG?

2. 375 H&H vs 375 Ruger?

3. Trigger pull weight for DG rifles?

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4772 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Oh, what memories! nilly

Ann,

Where have you been?

Walter was preparing a rescue mission to go look for you.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Now wait a minute, I think my HEIN CONTACT? thread scored fairly high for post count! Smiler

And sheer, righteous outrage.

Saeed, how about a Hall of Shame forum? Several nominees, including jorge's, are noted in this thread!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

Yea, me too. He had us all convinced that it was all the PH's fault! Right up the point that he got outed, then admitted to bribing the game scout to look the other way after wounding and loosing a buffalo bull about an hour prior to shooting the baby elephant!

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Ray selling mule deer hunts was a hot topic Big Grin

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
quote:

Yea, me too. He had us all convinced that it was all the PH's fault! Right up the point that he got outed, then admitted to bribing the game scout to look the other way after wounding and loosing a buffalo bull about an hour prior to shooting the baby elephant!

I still think he got screwed Todd; you don't bribe the game scout without the PH being involved.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
quote:

I still think he got screwed Todd; you don't bribe the game scout without the PH being involved.

I understand what you are saying in that the PH encouraged him to bribe the game scout, but personally, I know what is right and what is wrong and just because a PH told me to do something I know is wrong, doesn't change the fact that it was wrong and illegal. But to carry it one step further, knowing full well that he had committed a crime and behaved unethically, agreed that the PH did so as well, he comes here on AR and gives his side of the story attempting to gain our sympathy without mentioning he had bribed the scout. Only when he got called out did he admit to lying by omission. For me, that made two strikes against him.

But hey, that's what this thread is about, right? Hot button topics!! beer