New
Find
Notify
Tools

African paintings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently purchased a new home and I want some african paintings, and some other decor for the "guys" room. preferable ones with animals buff, lion ect. unfortunately up here its all whitetails, wolves and bears. Anyone have a good place I can order online? Or even any african decor of any type.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Try www.jarvistudios.com and www.danielsmithwildlife.com
also search www.JohnBanovich.com

You should find some nice African wildlife art on those sites.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pauly

www.AllPosters.com These guys advetise Banovich's prints. Might be worth looking into.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13018 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Search for Linda Lemon on line - she's excellent. I have three of her paintings in my office as I write. She's the wife of PH Bill Lemon in Zim.

Here's her webpage

http://www.linda-lemon.com/

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
http://www.freespiritart.com/big-game.php#wildlife-art-202

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Try Sheila Sharman at African Odyssey for furniture and other accessories. Her webswite is www.AfricanOdyssey.com

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
believe it or not, you can find just about any artist's prints on ebay. just be sure you are buying signed and numbered prints and not posters. also check google for wild wings and greenich workshop; my personal favorite is work by simon combes( killed several years by a cape buffalo whlie walking on his farm in kenya)

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13429 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Pauly3511:

I'm representing a Zimbabwe artist here is the US named Guy Hammond. He is a good friend of mime and a great artist. I have some of his orginal works available. The work consists of some paintings of wild dogs, giraffes, warthogs, zebra, etc. You can check out his website and let me know if you are interested and I can email pictures of the painting I have available.

www.art-guyhammond.com

Posts: 385 | Location: So. Nevada | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.larrykmartin.com

Click on "Africa."

I may be biased ... he's my dad.

"If you hunt to eat, or hunt for sport for something fine, something that will make you proud, and make you remember every single detail of the day you found him and shot him, that is good too." – Robert Chester Ruark

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This link goes directly to Larry K. Martin's Africa selection.

http://www.larrykmartin.com/Africa.php

"If you hunt to eat, or hunt for sport for something fine, something that will make you proud, and make you remember every single detail of the day you found him and shot him, that is good too." – Robert Chester Ruark

Picture of ndege
posted Hide Post
Try Larry Norton, I was at his studio yesterday, really good on African Game. He has some nice prints of his work as well.
His e-mail, larrynortonart@worldonline.co.za, web site: www.larrynorton.co.za

Andre Roux

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Simon Combes. I can't afford his numbered prints, though they are quite reasonable, but I have a couple poster versions hanging in front of me as I type this. He usually has a couple items on Ebay.

Posts: 281 | Location: southern Wisconsin | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
FWIW, I have an original painting of a cape buff bull by Sonia Reid (www.soniareid.com) hanging in my office. I like it.