THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Will Crypto Currency Make Its Way Into the Hunting World
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Crypto Currency Make Its Way Into the Hunting World
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
WSF says page nit found from that link.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
WSF says page nit found from that link.

You are right.

But it was there when I linked it.

They must have had a change of mind because they told the truth for once! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I saw a post about crypto that I thought was hysterical.

“Investing real money to make fake money. What could go wrong ?”

I am stealing that line!

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A friend was here and he used one of our computers to purchase some athletics items.

He does all sorts of things I am unable, and have no desire to do.

Like doing the IRONMAN.

He was laughing, and said the shop he was dealing with accepts crypto currency.

I said that is great, because I will be happy to buy him what he wanted with my crypto account.

The others here couldn't stop laughing, as they could never imagine me having crypto.

We were out in the workshop, so I told him I am going to go in the house and get my account details.

I came back with a 100 TRILLION ZIMBABWE DOLLARS note.

Brand spanking new one.

And gave it to him.

Saying "See, I have my crypto currency long before you lot!"

The rest of the boys could not stop laughing clap

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
At least $1 billion of client funds missing at failed crypto firm FTX

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The FTX bankruptcy is shaking the crypto world to the core. 2020 cuckoo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Currency has always belonged to a country.

People trusted it as it is being traded by others.

Crypto is nothing but hot air.

As has been proven time and time and time again! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those exchanges seem about like playing Russian roulette.

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A silly computer geek, sets up a crypto exchange, and makes BILLIONS?

It is worse than trying to sell snow to Siberia! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont think you can call him silly Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
A silly computer geek, sets up a crypto exchange, and makes BILLIONS?

It is worse than trying to sell snow to Siberia! clap

You are right.

It is the utterly stupid idiots who buy his crypto that are the idiots!

He should be a politician.

Imagine a ticket with Trump and this genius as his VP!

Imagine the TRILLIONS they will make from the MAGA ARSEHOLE supporters. clap

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sam Bankman-Fried was on the cover of Fortune Magazine a short while ago. I remember thinking, "I wonder if this will turn out like the time INC put Elizabeth Holmes on the cover." The caption on the Holmes cover (she was wearing a black turtleneck) asked if she was the next Steve Jobs.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
They are both Bernie Madoff disciples/ clones. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11955 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Yep. Great investment… 2020

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/1...er-carson-block.html

Reminds me of the ostrich breeding scheme years ago. The next great thing. rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
They "donated" to both the DIMS and GOP!

They hired an ex FTC employee.

What could possible go wrong?

America, the most corrupt country on this earth.

Nigeria does not even come close!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:

I sure wish that all of these other countries would stop taking our corrupt money and sending their people here to live or to be educated in the most corrupt country on this earth. Hard to figure out why they all keep doing this-literally taking billions and billions of our corrupt taxpayers dollars, and why they still keep coming here by the millions-unless they just want a part of America's corrupt money handouts and the corrupt living, corrupt freedoms, and the corrupt handouts as well. Big Grin clap rotflmo I say cut them all off. F--k them all. Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:

I sure wish that all of these other countries would stop taking our corrupt money and sending their people here to live or to be educated in the most corrupt country on this earth. Hard to figure out why they all keep doing this-literally taking billions and billions of our corrupt taxpayers dollars, and why they still keep coming here by the millions-unless they just want a part of America's corrupt money handouts and the corrupt living, corrupt freedoms, and the corrupt handouts as well. Big Grin clap rotflmo I say cut them all off. F--k them all. Big Grin

I agree!

And while you are at it, may be stop political DONATIONS!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:

Ha ha ha… Perfect.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
And you can buy your very own bitcoin mining machine for pennies on the dollar… coffee animal

https://www.wsj.com/articles/b...hresults_pos3&page=1

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
And you can buy your very own bitcoin miming machine for Pennie’s on the dollar… coffee animal

https://www.wsj.com/articles/b...hresults_pos3&page=1

This is the part that made me realize this is nothing but a stupid fraud.

All you need is a computer to run 24 hours a day MINING BITCOIN.

Any little dickhead can set it up, and make billions.

Just look at what is happening right now.

One of the best news is some brainless junkies in Australia made billions in Bitcoin.

He is one of those who does not like you to eat anything that lives.

Only grass is allowed.

And he never stopped pushing his sick agenda.

Now all his billions are down to a few pennies clap

I LOVE it!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crypto prices are supported only and entirely by belief and confidence in their future - NOT by any fundamental and valuable underpinning, such as assets, cash flow, or the full faith and credit of a rich and powerful, even if poorly led, nation.

In other words, crypto prices are supported by nothing but thin air.

Small wonder they are crashing.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
A money laundering operation founded in Shanghai and run by a Chinese national.What could possibly go wrong?? animal cuckoo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A money laundering operation founded in Shanghai and run by a Chinese national.What could possibly go wrong?? animal cuckoo

We can only hope that the money launderers will be taken to the cleaners, too.

But unfortunately, they will be taken there along with all of the innocent crypto "investors."

The clock is ticking.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
"Flied Lice" has given millions to both the Dims and GOP! clap

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
BlackRock CEO Larry Fink says 'more and more' global investors are inquiring about crypto

BlackRock's move into crypto fits into the asset management giant's broader mission of creating products that are easy to use and cheap for investors, CEO Larry Fink said Friday.

"We believe we have a responsibility to democratize investing. We've done a great job, and the role of ETFs in the world is transforming investing. And we're only at the beginning of that," Fink said on "Squawk on the Street."

BlackRock applied for a spot bitcoin ETF on June 15, which appeared to spur a rally in cryptocurrencies and a flurry of similar filings from other asset managers. The initial filing for the iShares Bitcoin Trust did not include a management fee.

The Securities and Exchange Commission has previously rejected dozens of applications for similar funds, but BlackRock's involvement and the proposed surveillance sharing agreement in the filing is seen by many in the crypto industry as a sign that momentum is shifting.

"We are working with our regulators because, as in any new market, if BlackRock's name is going to be on it, we're going to make sure that it's safe and sound and protected," Fink said.

LINK

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If they approve the ETF, it will no doubt make the price go up substantially.

I still question whether crypto will be used extensively in the hunting industry.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
You won’t find me paying with anything but proper cash!

Like certain places in Europe that have signs saying they only accept credit or debit cards, no cash.

I do have cards, but I refuse to do business with these.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hell, I just hope I’m still around in 2027!

Let's drop 2027 to say........November 2025.

With the institutional adoption occurring now in anticipation of the likely multiple BTC Spot ETF approvals groups like Blackrock, Fidelity, Ark Investments, etc. are accumulating BTC from both the OTC market and the historically small amount available on the exchanges.

Simple supply and demand applies and the supply of BTC is finite.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
And the hits just keep on coming. First it was the fraudster in chief at FTX being convicted of fraud( FTX was apparently the second largest crypto exchange). Now the chief crook at Binance has been convicted of the same crime and the company was fined $4.3 BILLION. Binance was the largest of the crypto exchanges……. Oops.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a difference between whether crypto might be a good investment and whether crypto will be widely used in the hunting industry.

I agree that these ETFs will make the prices go up. I doubt it will ever be widely used in the hunting industry.

Who can one every trust in that industry?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think "crypto" is here to stay. Most of us posting here are "old dogs" and crypto is a "new trick", so we will continue using the SWIFT system that is familiar to us.

Already it is easier to send bitcoin or a stable coin like USDT or USDC from one individual to another than having to go to the bank. It is actually even faster than emailing wiring instructions to the bank and following up with a phone call to an officer to verify the instructions are from you and not a fraudulent transaction. Cutting out third parties like two banks and SWIFT make the transaction smoother.

Crypto today is like the wild west. There is certainly a lot of fraud that makes world news. The crypto market today reminds me of the dotcom industry twenty plus years ago. There was a lot of fraud. Most of those companies failed. Look for crypto to be the same. If you can find an ebay or Amazon amongst all the clutter it may well be worth it.

Those of us in first world countries have it easy with a relatively stable currency and banking system, so we will be among the last to adopt crypto into our transactions. In third world countries Bitcoin is growing as a means of settling transactions.

Since most of us are "old dogs" we will continue to use what is comfortable for us. Younger generations will have no issues with sending a deposit to an outfitter in Africa with a push of a button or settling up with the outfitter while in camp, crypto wallet to crypto wallet.

Ironically, SWIFT is testing Chainlink (a crypto) as a means of verification to help cut out fraud in their systems.

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
I think "crypto" is here to stay. Most of us posting here are "old dogs" and crypto is a "new trick", so we will continue using the SWIFT system that is familiar to us.

Already it is easier to send bitcoin or a stable coin like USDT or USDC from one individual to another than having to go to the bank. It is actually even faster than emailing wiring instructions to the bank and following up with a phone call to an officer to verify the instructions are from you and not a fraudulent transaction. Cutting out third parties like two banks and SWIFT make the transaction smoother.

Crypto today is like the wild west. There is certainly a lot of fraud that makes world news. The crypto market today reminds me of the dotcom industry twenty plus years ago. There was a lot of fraud. Most of those companies failed. Look for crypto to be the same. If you can find an ebay or Amazon amongst all the clutter it may well be worth it.

Those of us in first world countries have it easy with a relatively stable currency and banking system, so we will be among the last to adopt crypto into our transactions. In third world countries Bitcoin is growing as a means of settling transactions.

Since most of us are "old dogs" we will continue to use what is comfortable for us. Younger generations will have no issues with sending a deposit to an outfitter in Africa with a push of a button or settling up with the outfitter while in camp, crypto wallet to crypto wallet.

Ironically, SWIFT is testing Chainlink (a crypto) as a means of verification to help cut out fraud in their systems.

PS1: Africans bypassed landlines and went straight from drums to cell phones. Look for them to do the same, bypassing the banking system and going straight from cash to crypto.

PS2: We praise the SWIFT system as the way we handle our transactions and SWIFT is in the process of figuring out how to use crypto to settle those same transactions. How much simpler if we just handle the transaction with the push of a button than messing with wires.

There is definitely a learning curve with crypto just like there was when we learned to use the internet, but it is much easier now to send an email than send a letter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, money launderers and outright thieves… Yep, definitely were I want to place my pension funds. popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm, money launderers and outright thieves… Yep, definitely were I want to place my pension funds. popcorn

The US Dollar has been the medium of more money laundering and more fraud than all the cryptos and all the other world currencies through the history of mankind combined. Does that mean you don't want your pension funds denominated in USD.

Bitcoin is considered a store of value like gold. Is gold intrinsically fraudulent. I mentioned Chainlink in a previous post. Chainlink is a company with products and serves. Instead of being listed on the NASDAQ, it is listed on crypto exchanges. Does being listed as a crypto make Chainlink any less of a company with valuable products or services.

Money Laundering and fraud are inherent human characteristics. Crypto has none of those characteristics. Crypto is just a new tool that some humans abuse for money laundering and fraud. No different than stock, bonds, mortgages, derivatives, etc.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
You need to read Larry’s WSJ article linked above. Bitcoin has no intrinsic value since it is nothing but zeroes and ones in a computer program invented by an unknown Japanese. I can spend a dollar anywhere in the world. A bitcoin? Not happening…. Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You need to read Larry’s WSJ article linked above. Bitcoin has no intrinsic value since it is nothing but zeroes and ones in a computer program invented by an unknown Japanese. I can spend a dollar anywhere in the world. A bitcoin? Not happening…. Cool

The WSJ article doesn't conflict to anything I said in a previous post. Bitcoin has no intrinsic value to you and that is perfectly fine. No one makes you buy it. It is wise not invest in things that an individual doesn't understand. Bitcoin has value to many millions of people and is growing every day. The major American fund managers are waiting for SEC approval to offer Bitcoin to their clients currently. Evidently they don't see a potential for fraud for their millions of clients.

Bitcoin is not tangible and that is a problem for most people our age. Bitcoin is simply math that is surrounded and protected by the block chain. Supply is limited to 21 million of which 19 million have been mined. The last will probably be mined around 2040. Each bitcoin is divisible by 100 million Satoshi's. The first bitcoin transaction was 10,000 bitcoin for two pizzas. As I write this, bitcoin sets at $37,794. The USD is certainly more fungible than bitcoin around the world today. As the USD continues to devalue. (.92% in my lifetime) look for more people to look for an alternate store of value.