THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    What To Do When You Get Charged By A Buffalo...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What To Do When You Get Charged By A Buffalo...
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Big Grin looks like bringing a stool along is a good idea.

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
clap

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've seen film of the bulls jumping into the stands .The people scatter just like cartoon figures !
Of course there are cases where cape buffalo have tossed people into the bush ,saving them , as the buffalo can't then find them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just as a matter of interest, If I remember it was last year that Christo Gomes PH and Outfitter in South Africa was charged and stomped by buffalo

A friend that guides for him, Tinus shot the buffalo after Christo was taken too hospital and he claimed it was only due too Christo's athletic capabilities , i.e he was a very good athlete as a youngster, in high jump etc. that saved his life, he also jumped into the air when his 375 misfired three times on faulty ammo,

the buff hit his legs instead of chest and he lives too tell the tale.

Now me , I believe White Men ca'nt jump , also due too a extending back bone also known as a belly

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
What to do when you get charged by a buffalo?

My first instinct is to shoot the bastard! Roll Eyes

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
could we please see walter trying that?? nilly

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
How about we find out when and where this is and all meet there next year for an "official" AR meeting and enjoy the show.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cunningham:
How about we find out when and where this is and all meet there next year for an "official" AR meeting and enjoy the show.

+1 thumb

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a great story about this at www.huntingreport.com under E-mail Extra Bulletins that can be read for free. It just happened a couple weeks ago in Tanzania. Leon Lamprecht and his lady client got a little dinged up.
It's good reading and fortunately nobody got too hurt. That makes several buffalo charges and one leopard attack since last November.
PH Austin Wienand got banged up in Tanzania when a wounded buffalo got to him. I spoke with him a few months later and he dismissed it like it was no big deal. The fact was he had broken ribs and they had to use his tattered clothing to make pressure bandages to staunch the bleeding from hoof cuts to his legs.
PH Martin Nel of Legendary Adventures had a buffalo push him around a termite mound and bruise him up pretty good. And PH Doug Scandrol got bitten by a wounded leopard in Zambia this past July. Fortunately all these people survived. But it's a reminder that there's a reason it's called dangerous game.

Posts: 207 | Location: Florida | Registered: 28 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
These guys are good!

I was charged by a bull once when I was a teenager. Not a buffalo. A bull in a pasture. I still believe I ran the world record 50 yard dash in making my escape.

Luckily, I got to the fence and made it over before the bull got me. I remember being scared half to death by that stomping, snorting, slobbering monster.

These guys have nerves of steel.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
The ancient Minoan Civilization was big into this sport. Wonder if this is the first time its been practised since then?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Looks like another skill they need add to the PH tests.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a local bullfighter (they used to be called rodeo clowns but whose real primary mission is protecting the riders, not entertainment) Donnie Sparks, who jumps over the rodeo bulls as one of his signature moves. The rodeo bulls are usually quite a bit bigger than the Spanish fighting bulls in the video but not quite as serious.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well these guys are good but however i had a similar experience, except it was the bull that jumped over me shocker. Clear the fence and me, I guess it wanted to get me that bad.

Mors Certa Sed Hors Incerta

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's pretty cool Saeed, but as the old adage goes, 'sometimes you get the bull, and sometimes the bull gets you'. Alternately, the expression 'you mess with the bull, eventually you're gonna' get the horns' comes to mind. Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Those pointy bits can be a real bugger.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
If those guys were carrying 2x4s, they would be gored boardless.

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Personally I had rather face the bull, standing very still, and holding my 450 No2. Big Grin BOOM

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like Ziegfried and Roy with their cats,

sooner or later you're gonna get nailed...

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
What is it with the Spanish and cattle? Eeker

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote