THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    SCI 2013 / Lion Conservation Fund Allocation
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI 2013 / Lion Conservation Fund Allocation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I am very sure, certain that SCI's voice has been heard in Washington on this issue.... it just didnt happen in the way Lane and Co. wanted it to happen - ie. under their banner.

I am not as trusting to assume that SCI's "voice" has been heard.

Jeff
But Lane insists that it would be heard. USFWS was (allegedly) begging them for a submission - how could they not be heard?

Question with a question. Once again a non-answer. As with the Reform SCI thread, I am done here.

Jeff
You didnt ask me a question!!!!!!

I will repeat the thread for you.

What specifically has SCI done with it's million dollars raised to prevent lion uplisting?

The key word is specific.

What has SCI done regardless of the million dollars to prevent Lion uplisting.

Don't tell me "their voices have been heard".

There are your questions.

You are not able to answer. No one else is willing. So again I am out.

Or you could prove me wrong and provide the specific answers.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Website
http://www.fightingforlions.org

Sign-on letter
http://www.fightingforlions.org/usfws-sign-on-letter

FWS Presentation
http://www.fightingforlions.or.../FWSpresentation.pdf

Presentation at FWS workshop
http://www.fightingforlions.or...n-not-endangered.pdf
http://www.fightingforlions.or...WS-Meeting-Lions.pdf

I dont have a copy of that letter that was presented - the one with all the foreign range state govt. signatories. But it exists!!
I believe this letter came from the AWCF meeting that SCI hosted.

Nat Geo coverage
http://www.fightingforlions.org/documents/natGeo.pdf

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if SCI has a grooming school for its pet representatives. coffee

The way some of these guys defend their ideals reminds me of the grooming schools for diplomats, where they teach them to lie through their back teeth and keep a straight enough face to believe their own BS. animal

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
ledvm - I think we are all on the same side but with slight bits of differences here an there. Can't/won't speak for Matt but it seems what he is saying is also to see what it is that SCI is up to before laying blame at their doorstep just yet. Not you, but others here are quick to blame SCI without any facts, figures, for just about any and everything. I think you and Aaron have done a lot of good, and can see where you might think SCI has ignored you, but I am sure your voices were heard and will be considered in the bigger scope of things. The ball is really out of our court at the moment so best to take a deep breath and wait until it comes back to our side. JMHO.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Shooter
R8 Blaser
DRSS

Agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Matt & Larry,

Later...when I get time...I am going to PM y'all with something that I am not willing to put on the public forum that will clarify my position.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Matt & Larry,

Later...when I get time...I am going to PM y'all with something that I am not willing to put on the public forum that will clarify my position.

Lane,

Can I be cc'd with that?

Thanks

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to follow up with everyone. I'll be posting information in a separate thread here in the next few minutes.

Posts: 15 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 24 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lane and rest assured it will remain confidential.

Larry Sellers

quote:
Matt & Larry,

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Matt & Larry,

Lane,

Can I be cc'd with that?

Thanks

Jeff

Yes Jeff...I will.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
My buddie, PH Nigel Theisen, is at my home til Thursday until I take him to DFW to head home to Bulawayo. The weather is so nice we are trying to spend as much time as we can shooting etc. outside.

So y'all don't expect my PM until Fri or Sat...but it will come.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane - Have a great time outside with your friend. The weather is also very nice in the high country here in New Mexico and I'll be doing the same.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Shooter
R8Blaser
DRSS

quote:
My buddie, PH Nigel Theisen, is at my home til Thursday until I take him to DFW to head home to Bulawayo. The weather is so nice we are trying to spend as much time as we can shooting etc. outside.

So y'all don't expect my PM until Fri or Sat...but it will come.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane:

Please say Jambo to Nige from me.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Lane:

Please say Jambo to Nige from me.

Prof. Nigel at work in my office while I treat a few cases.

Fujo,
Nigel says HI back to you!

J. Lane Easter, DVM