THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Cindy Garrison show- does it need a BS meter?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cindy Garrison show- does it need a BS meter?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys, I have set the DVR to record the Cindy Garrison shows, I fast forward through looking for things worth seeing. Now I will admit that the shows irritate me a bit, the way they are edited and the way she talks (nothing against her looks fellas). But I am wondering, should her show have a little BS meter at the bottom of the screen? I was watching last night an episode from when I was gone this week, buffalo with Doug (he's cut a sweet deal with somebody, seems all dangerous hunt shows on TV right now have him on there) in Tanzania on a mountain and she starts talking about how they were the first people to use horses and they went where nobody has gone before. My ass, all the shots had them riding the horses on the ruts of roads.

Thoughts on that? was she the first person?

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
All hunting shows are liberally sprinkled with fake stalks, staged shots, phony walk-ups on downed game, puffery and braggadocio.

The few times I've caught Cindy's show, I watched it with the sound muted.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
We used to have an Aussie bush show called the "Leyland Brothers". They used to say similar things, how they were the first white men ever to enter an area. A comedy show parodied them and show litter like Coke cans lying on the ground in the background as they walked around.

Horses were actually very popular in Colonial East Africa with a lot of hunting done from horseback especially lion hunting.

Areas with tetse fly usually prevent use of horses unless they are immune ones which have survived fly strike.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Red

I can't specifically answer your questions about the legitimacy of Cindy's statements. What I can tell you is that when I was in Natron with TGTS in '03 the plan was to bring in horses and offer horseback safaris. At that time the impression I got was that they thought they would be able to access areas of the concession not previously hunted. I guess the point is that she could of been telling the truth eventhough the footage made it seem suspect. Just for fun I'll see what I can find out about it.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if it wasn't for her the show wouldn't warrant a second glance! Best watched with the mute button employed

one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
I mentioned the same thing to my wife about the horse and road comment... Only mine included they were the only ones dumb enough to ride horses when you could drive... Big Grin

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I watched a couple of her shows. I didn't even bother with the rest of them. It's all about her, not really about the hunting. Personally, I found her quite annoying.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
As I recall from also hunting with TGT, I heard them talking about that area up on the mountain that is indeed an out of the way section of that concession and rarely gets hunted. I remember in their annual magazine, Scope, a couple years ago they were talking about this area being hunted by a guy that had hunted in TZ many times previously and was looking for something different. Using horses to get up there is the way that they do it.
Cindy was hardly the first person to hunt that area, but considering that few of their clients choose this for their TZ hunt, she could well have been the first person to hunt there that season.
As for Cindy's shows, I enjoy the hunting and her looks. I watch it most weeks as I have it set on Tivo, but sometimes her attempts to make the show "wild" are comical. Daring the cook at Moyowosi (a great guy, by the way), to eat some sort of a bug or lizard, while she did, was only to try to live up to the persona she's trying to create. She's a lousy shot (missed about 3 topi on one show at relatively close range) and her excessive laughing can definitely get annoying, but compared to most things on TV, she has a show that looks good in a variety of other ways.... Wink

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I find her show as entertaining as most other hunting shows. get to see scenery. I think most people realize that the filming is all heavily edited on any of the show. BS meter? Same goes for many other hosts. Ever watch Under Wild Skies? again I like the show, but he gets on your nerves after a while.

I remember some of the old shows. Remember Kurt Gowdy? Was the show called American Sportsman or something? I liver near the Canadian Border and remember a show when I was growing up hosted by a man named Red Fisher. He was old in the 60's and all his filming was done with the family 8mm movie camera. No sound, and he narrated from the studio with a guest host. It was great. Any of you Canadian guys remember him?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
My youngest son and i were watching the show where she misses all the animals.(gotta love those camera shots of her running after the shot) My middle son comes into the room watches a bit then says why did they ever make a hunting show with that dumb broad? My wife says come on Phil look at you brother and father then think about it! Big Grin
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
put her tits on the buff an cut her from the show entirely...she reminds me of my second wife too much,more interested in how she looked and acted than enjoying herself

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Well allow me to cast a dissenting vote. Aside the fact that I find her gorgeous, she actually gets in there and SHOOTS the animals. I must admit though, if she was ugly, I wouldn't be watching. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
She hunts too? Hell, I never noticed that!

jumping jumping beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
At least she isn't some fat, mouth breathing, Realtree clad Bubba hooting and high fiving when they shoot a deer from a corn feeder or behind some high fence operation in Texas. I never hear her say ain't, use double negatives, wear anything associated NASCAR or make the word "buck" into 2 syllables. I get so damn tired of listening to an ignorant sounding dimwits on the Bubba networks it makes me want to puke. When they kill a deer from their (insert sponsor) blind with their (insert sponsor rifle, scope and ammunition) they act like they are playing rec league softball instead of hunting. If you want to watch a show with the sound muted...try Brenda Valentine's "Buck Buster" or whatever in the hell its called. Her voice will cause epileptic seizures and she has a face that will stop an eight day clock.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
She could have been an anti -- instead she's doing this. For all that she might be a little inclined towards being a little into the hyperactive/attention-deficit lifestyle, she's willing and happy to go in for the *right* kind of adventures. Just to put this into a slightly different perspective, consider the following for a TV episode:

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2...EWS01/512090345/1005
quote:

12/9/05 - Posted from the Daily Record newsroom
Wildlife chief says bear hunt will run through Saturday

Number killed, now 246, won't exceed target set by state

BY MATT MANOCHIO
DAILY RECORD

State officials overseeing the state's second bear hunt in 35 years said Thursday that the hunt likely will continue into Saturday, despite acting Gov. Richard Codey's plan to prematurely end it if enough bears were killed.

"The commissioner is aware of the governor's concern," state Division of Fish and Wildlife Director Martin McHugh said Thursday. "We are closely monitoring the results on a daily basis to ensure that we don't reach a point that doesn't imperil the overall bear population. Based on the numbers that we have so far, we're not there."

Codey remarked early Thursday that he would call Department of Environmental Protection Commissioner Bradley Campbell and tell him to call off the hunt if hunters neared the statewide goal of 300 to 330 bears killed.

McHugh, during a daily teleconference with the media, said hunters had killed a total of 246 bears as of Thursday afternoon, and the number was not close enough to the goal to cancel the hunt before its scheduled end on Saturday. He also said 24 hours'notice is required to end the hunt, and it cannot be canceled midday.

Those opposed to the hunt plan to demonstrate Saturday at Wawayanda State Park in Vernon.

McHugh said there was one alleged incident involving a protester and hunter Thursday at Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, but said he didn't know specifics of the report.

Four protesters were arrested at Wawayanda on Wednesday in what the activists described as a sting operation involving two hunters and a park ranger who was disguised with a ski mask.

McHugh did not deny it was a sting, saying, "That's what has been reported to me."

The four arrested were Angela Metler, 49, of Vernon, who is director of the New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance, which had unsuccessfully sued to stop the six-day hunt; Theresa M. Fritzges, 57, of East Windsor; Albert Kazemian, 49, of Vernon; and Janet A. Piszar, 52, of Millburn.

Lynda Smith, of the Bear Education and Resource Group, which opposes the hunt and also unsuccessfully sued to stop it, spoke on behalf of the arrested activists and said they had done nothing wrong.

In activist's backyard

She said hunters were practically in the backyard of one of the activists, and that the hunters were taunting the activists using racial slurs. At no point did the activists restrict the movement of hunters or interfere with their ability to hunt, she said in a statement Wednesday.

The state park ranger who made the arrests described the encounter as one where he and two hunters felt worried for their safety as the activists allegedly encircled them to disrupt their hunt, according to an incident report released Thursday by the state. The ranger wrote that he accompanied the hunters because of complaints they had made over the previous two days.

The officer, Walter Sanford, wrote that while he and the two hunters were walking on a trail in the park, "We were intercepted by five individuals wearing orange 'Wounded Bear Rescue' shirts who began to follow us. Several of the individuals were in front of us and some were behind us, so I asked them what they were doing and they said that they were bird-watching."

Followed, surrounded

Sanford wrote that as the hunters moved on, they were followed.

"The individuals began to surround us, at times within 10 feet," he wrote.

"In an elevated tone they began calling us killers and telling us we shouldn't be here and that these were their bears," Sanford wrote. "We replied that we thought they were bird-watching. I stated that this land belonged to everyone and that we can all get along."

The hunters moved on but were still followed. At one point the hunters "begged them to please leave us alone," Sanford wrote. "At this point they began to encircle us and close in on us, even closer than before, to approximately 5 feet."

Sanford wrote that Metler began screaming at the top of her lungs "and said she will not leave us alone."

Sanford said there was a lot of conversation between the two groups, including his attempt to explain why hunting was important, to which Metler allegedly replied, "the only thing that should be hunted is hunters," the ranger wrote.

Metler on Thursday referred comment to her attorney, Gina Calogero, who responded: "My clients are looking forward to the truth coming out. It does appear there may have been harassment, threats and bigoted comments made (by the hunters)."

Sanford wrote that three other women also were screaming and that the hunters pleaded with them to voice their concerns elsewhere.

"We discussed with them that our troops in Iraq are fighting for freedoms such as these and that as Americans we have the right to free speech and freedom of beliefs and that we agreed with their passion for a cause," Sanford wrote.

"It was at this point that ... Kazemian stated, 'I'll get my Arab friends to hunt you, see how you like it,'" according to Sanford's account.

Asked for addresses

Kazemian and Metler then asked where the hunters lived, wrote Sanford, who later added that the hunters felt worried at that point so he called for backup.

Sanford then took off his face mask and hunting jacket and exposed his uniform, badge and gun belt, and declared everyone was under arrest, his report said. One woman fled but after backup arrived four arrests were made, he wrote.

The incident report says State Police logged Kazemian into the Office of Counter-Terrorism Web site because of his comments. Kazemian was charged with disorderly conduct, hunter harassment, obstruction of administration of law, resisting arrest and terroristic threats.

The other three were charged with disorderly conduct, hunter harassment, obstruction of administration of law and resisting arrest.

McHugh declined to comment on the report.

He said that the hunt was going well.

"We have a very healthy population of these animals," McHugh said. "I think the biologists, their predictions, are pretty much on ... track to have a similar result."

The bear hunt in 2003 netted 328 bears.

"I think it's been a successful hunt," McHugh said.

Dan

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
What day does it come on and what time?

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
'Get Wild with Cindy Garrison' airs each Sunday at 8:30 & 10:30 a.m. ET on ESPN2
October through December 2005
See: http://espn.go.com/outdoors/tv/s/g_tv_desc_get_wild.html

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post

who watches that show for the hunting??? Big Grin

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27608 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
I don't know about a BS meter but I like the idea of the mute button. It would make for a better show. Knocking off 10 years and five pounds of make up would help also.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
she reminds me of my second wife too much

In the wettest of your dreams............

Posts: 297 | Location: Bainbridge Island,WA | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grafton:
It would make for a better show. Knocking off 10 years and five pounds of make up would help also.

Speak for yoyrself,Grafton, I'm 69 yrs old, she looks like a high school kid to me! Hell, I've a dozen boxes of my handloads that are older than she is!
jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
sorry, I forgot there was a bunch of old guys out there Wink I guess I was a bit harsh, hell it is about the most interesting thing on Sunday morning.

On the show where she missed all the topi she said she had no interest in hunting any plains game. I wonder if that is what messed up her shooting.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
sorry, I forgot there was a bunch of old guys out there I guess I was a bit harsh, hell it is about the most interesting thing on Sunday morning.

Turn around once, blink twice and you will be my age (49). Do it again and you will be 70. Bye then we will all be hunting in Heaven and laughiong at your aches and pains Smiler.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
Turn around once, blink twice and you will be my age (49). Do it again and you will be 70. Bye then we will all be hunting in Heaven and laughiong at your aches and pains Smiler.

LD

49? you pup
dbltap you should've met #1 and #3 too and yes #4 beats them ALL!Cats

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now I know a whole bunch of you guys are full of kum chi! "If it wasn't for her looks, I wouldn't even bother to watch the show," etc. These statements are crap.

The reason I know you are full of it is because there's not a swinging dick on this board that would miss an African Dangerous Game hunt on Television - no matter who the hunter is or how inane the dialoge. The fact that the hostess of this show is hotter than a $3,000 Holland and Holland and likes to strut her stuff, is just a bonus.

Hell, I'd watch a show starring Jane Fonda if she were on a buffalo hunt in Africa.

Of course, I'd be rooting for the buffalo -- Hard!
Wink

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I agree completely GAHUNTER! Well put.

We MUST be the prime audience for any safari based hunting show. If we're complaining about them who's left to watch? Heck, I even watched the one season of Survivor filmed in Africa (Kenya?) just to see the background.

I don't get much time to watch Cindy's show but she's so hot I'd watch her watching paint dry.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I watch/like the show. I think it's the naïveté I like the best. Course, it's kind of like a nascar race. I'm waiting for something to pop out. Nothing like a good wreck.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PWN375:
At least she isn't some fat, mouth breathing, Realtree clad Bubba hooting and high fiving when they shoot a deer from a corn feeder or behind some high fence operation in Texas. I never hear her say ain't, use double negatives, wear anything associated NASCAR or make the word "buck" into 2 syllables. I get so damn tired of listening to an ignorant sounding dimwits on the Bubba networks it makes me want to puke. When they kill a deer from their (insert sponsor) blind with their (insert sponsor rifle, scope and ammunition) they act like they are playing rec league softball instead of hunting. If you want to watch a show with the sound muted...try Brenda Valentine's "Buck Buster" or whatever in the hell its called. Her voice will cause epileptic seizures and she has a face that will stop an eight day clock.

Perry

I agree. I'd much rather watch Cindy hunt buffalo than Brenda hunt "boo-uuks."

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know to much about her show. I've watched it several times. It wasn't all that bad.

I do like the fact that we have a very nice looking female promoting hunting. This is a step in the right direction.

Oh and I am officially offering my services as her personal tent/ safari guard. I am willing to spend long nights in her tent providing comfort,protection, conversation and companionship so the poor, sweet young lady doesn't get home sick or scared.

I feel that it would only be proper for large burley, hairy man such as my self to offer these services based on chivalry, honor and experience.
Wink

Sincerely

Greg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
surestrike apparently you didn't see what she did with that poor buff's nuts!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think she realy does like the Hunt. Did you notice that she was moved to tears after shooting her mountian buff. Eating bugs and such is kind of kinky. She does't mind getting into the mud and muck and still yells like a little girl once and a while. Kind of funny at times.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on guys! Her show beats watching turkey hunt after turkey hunt and is certainly better than ESPN2 and "loudmouth bass". Yikes!!!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
... than Brenda hunt "boo-uuks."

That's really funny. I can't imagine anyone getting on TV with an accent like that.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cats:
surestrike apparently you didn't see what she did with that poor buff's nuts!

What did she do to with them exactly?

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I like her, but I wouldn't want to be married to her. She's too much of a ham. Sex, on the other hand, where do I sign up?

Seriously, she's great and since she looks like a Barbie Doll and hunts even my 7 year old daughter thinks she's awesome.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Too bad Hunter Dan isn't a 12 incher I could send him into Barbies house and kick that pansie Ken out.

Maybe then I could get my daughter interested in hunting.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LJS:
Come on guys! Her show beats watching turkey hunt after turkey hunt and is certainly better than ESPN2 and "loudmouth bass". Yikes!!!

Your onto it, between the damn turkeys and bowhunters not too much excitement on hunting TV.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never seen the show, but from the pictures, it looks to me like she should use more suncream. Or else she'll look like a leathery, wrinkled old prune before she reaches her mid 30s...

Posts: 2662 | Location: Oslo, in the naive land of socialist nepotism and corruption... | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ErikD you'd better adjust the TV fine tune she won't see her mid 30s again!
Jarrod she cut them up,fried them and ate 'um!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I watched it today for the first time, its way better than duck calls and turkey squat and gobble. Its not all that bad.........and she aint bad to look at.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote