Notify
Tools

Who’d be last choise PH?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
When I look back at how my first hunt to Africa was planned, I keep wondering how it actually worked out so well.

I ticked all the wrong boxes.

I was in Seattle, Washington, visiting Boeing.

I was going to Houston in a couple of months time to do a commercial pilot training course.

I read a hunting magazine, and in it was an adverts for the Klinebergers, offering hunts in Africa.

I thought I might enjoy facing what Capstick so scared off, the buffalo.

I went to see them, and met a gentleman and his son. You can say they were both gentlemen without any reservations.

They answered all my questions, and went out of their way to help a new hunter.

I said I wented to go right now!!

He said he had an opening for a 21 day all bag hunt in Zimbabwe - I have never even heard of that country before.

I had no rifles, and I was going to fly back to England to pick up my girl friend, then to Zimbabwe.

No problems.

They took me to a gunshop, I bought 2 second hand rifles.

A Remington Safari 375 H&H and a Ruger 77 25-06.

I asked how do I get the rifles to Zimbabwe.

No problem.

They organized that and the rifles were waiting for me at the airport at Vic Falls!

Arrived in the morning in Zim, got picked at the airport by Roy Vincent.

He asked what animals I was after.

I told him "everything I can shoot"

Had lunch, and went out in the after noon and shot a waterbuck.

A few days later we found an elephant.

Got close to him, and I was working in my mind how I would shoot.

Pull the trigger, reload, pull the trigger, reload, pull the trigger.

Imagine my total shock when the elephant dropped down stone dead as I fired.

A few days later we went to the Deka safari area.

The cam was at a waterhole.

Went out in the afternoon and followed some buffalo.

Caught up with them just before sun down at the waterhole by the camp!!??

Rene, and her two young kids, Alan and Diana were watching the buffalo have a drink.

They had no idea we were across the river watching the buffalo.

The Remington takes 2 in the magazine, and one in the chamber.

I somehow managed to squeeze a third one in the magazine, and chambered a fourth round.

I fired at the buffalo, the magazine bottom opened, all the cartridges fell out, I started running at break neck speed after the buffalo, loading a round by hand.

Roy was screaming STOP RUNNING!

The buffalo dropped dead a few yards further.

I have photos of the young family by my first buffalo.

Had an absolutely fantastic hunt at Rosslyn Safaris.

Met an American gentleman with his wife there.

He had some health problems, and died in camp.

Rene was schooling her kids at home.

One day I asked Diana if she had ever ridden a camel?

She said no.

IU picked her up and put her on my shoulders and ran around with her.

At school the next day she announced "I have had a ride on a CAMEL!"

Rene told her to stop lying!

She said "I am not lying mom! I had a ride on Saeed!"

Now both Diana and Alan have their own kids, and a very long friendship was started.

The Vincents all come to visit us in April every year, and we hunt with them every year too.

Alan has a 4 year old son, and the kid absolutely loves shooting!

First thing he says to his parents in the morning "can we go to Uncle Saeed and shoot?"

Hessa has a Chipmunk 22 single shot, and he uses that one. Perfect size for him.

What a fantastic way to bring up a child!

Fantastic story Saeed. Thank you for sharing that!

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I liked that. Fond memories I'm sure.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04EtOyVeHY

That's what I thought!

coffee

I thought that was going to be an instructional hunting video. sofa

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04EtOyVeHY

That's what I thought!

coffee

I thought that was going to be an instructional hunting video. sofa

Nah. Just Shootacow being owned.

coffee

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have no idea some of you making fun of George because he shot a cow!

I have shot lots and lots of buffalo cows, and I have nothing to regret! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two great postings Saaed, great storys for an hunting magazine...

B.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saeed, go back and find his post on the matter.

George came on here and complained about not shooting something on every stalk and that he finally had enough and just decided to get the job done and "bring meat back to camp" on his own.

Trouble is, he was hunting buffalo bulls and there was no buffalo cow on quota. He posted the video of it all.

They were watching a herd of buffalo cross an open area (an area I shot a wart hog out of on a later safari). The PH told him to wait, wait, as the bull was covered by other animals.

George got tired of waiting and just shot a cow out of spite.

This created a major issue for the outfitter with Parks. The outfitter paid George's fine for him.

Then George comes here on AR and crapped on the outfitter.

Culminating with the outfitter announcing here on AR that George is now in a client group of 1. That being the group of clients they will never accept as a repeat client.

Notice earlier in the thread where I asked what part of the above story George denies? The video very accurately reflects George's denials of the events. Crickets and wind.

What's the old saying? People get what they deserve!! George gets it.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

The difference is he doesn’t know a cow from a bull-you do holycow

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

George came on here and complained about not shooting something on every stalk and that he finally had enough and just decided to get the job done and "bring meat back to camp" on his own.

Trouble is, he was hunting buffalo bulls and there was no buffalo cow on quota. He posted the video of it all.

They were watching a herd of buffalo cross an open area (an area I shot a wart hog out of on a later safari). The PH told him to wait, wait, as the bull was covered by other animals.

This created a major issue for the outfitter with Parks. The outfitter paid George's fine for him.

Culminating with the outfitter announcing here on AR that George is now in a client group of 1. That being the group of clients they will never accept as a repeat client.

Notice earlier in the thread where I asked what part of the above story George denies? The video very accurately reflects George's denials of the events. Crickets and wind.

I remember the whole mess...the video of it and all...
For some reason, my recollection was he misidentified the cow (was shooting open sights too) and I remember the PH telling him not to shoot and being upset...I didn't remember (or I think I didn't realize at the time) he may have intentionally shot the cow.. I just thought it was a big screw up

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poyntman:
quote:
quote:

For some reason, my recollection was he misidentified the cow (was shooting open sights too) and I remember the PH telling him not to shoot and being upset...I didn't remember (or I think I didn't realize at the time) he may have intentionally shot the cow.. I just thought it was a big screw up

If George thinks I'm misrepresenting the facts, he's free to dispute them. In fact, he's been challenged to do so several times now. Yet, the crickets are still chirping and the wind is still blowing.

coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:
I would think that Martin Pieters would be a strong contender.
Pieters is not a contender he is the front runner for a last choice PH. My buffalo hunt with him was a complete disaster. Not only did I not see a bull to shoot the entire hunt but he refused to refund my trophy fee. On the way out of Omay the PH said that Pieters would meet us in Bulawayo but then he never showed. After reading of another hunt disaster of Pieters on African Hunter it was astoundingly similar to the train wreck I experienced.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobmn:
Pieters is not a contender he is the front runner for a last choice PH. My buffalo hunt with him was a complete disaster. Not only did I not see a bull to shoot the entire hunt but he refused to refund my trophy fee. On the way out of Omay the PH said that Pieters would meet us in Bulawayo but then he never showed. After reading of another hunt disaster of Pieters on African Hunter it was astoundingly similar to the train wreck I experienced.

Mate I would have made a big stink about that. Who on earth charges for animals you have not taken?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by bobmn:

Mate I would have made a big stink about that. Who on earth charges for animals you have not taken?

You would be surprised what goes on in the hunting industry.

That is why I keep telling people deal with honest outfits and professional hunters.

You do not have to go far, just look at some of the posts we have on here.

Imagine booking a hunt with an outfitter who advertises illegal hunts.

Then you go and hunt with a totally unprofessional idiot who shoots your buffalo, then brags about it by saying you, as a client, is such a bad shot you should have stayed home and twiggled your fingers!

And when you ask him why he shot your buffalo, he tells you other professional hunters are a nothing but bloody wimpy cowards, who let their clients kill their own buffalo, without even giving them a choice of how to die!

Apparently no client or honest to goodness professional hunter ever does that!

And then you get clueless idiots come here and brag about hunting with such a self serving nutcase!

It really boggles the mind rotflmo

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once had a PH ask me to have a look at a Leopard set up as he had no idea why the big cat would not feed.

Having examined the ground I told him Hyena don't climb trees.

rotflmo

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:
quote:
Once had a PH ask me to have a look at a Leopard set up as he had no idea why the big cat would not feed.

rotflmo

Years ago I had a Greek girl friend.

She asked to get her a "tigger skin".

I gave her a hyena skin, and she happily telling everyone its a "tigger" skin! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RobinOLocksley:
quote:

rotflmo

Years ago I had a Greek girl friend.

She asked to get her a "tigger skin".

I gave her a hyena skin, and she happily telling everyone its a "tigger" skin! rotflmo

Big Grin Big Grin

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I look back at how my first hunt to Africa was planned, I keep wondering how it actually worked out so well.

I ticked all the wrong boxes.

I was in Seattle, Washington, visiting Boeing.

I was going to Houston in a couple of months time to do a commercial pilot training course.

I read a hunting magazine, and in it was an adverts for the Klinebergers, offering hunts in Africa.

I thought I might enjoy facing what Capstick so scared off, the buffalo.

I went to see them, and met a gentleman and his son. You can say they were both gentlemen without any reservations.

They answered all my questions, and went out of their way to help a new hunter.

I said I wented to go right now!!

He said he had an opening for a 21 day all bag hunt in Zimbabwe - I have never even heard of that country before.

I had no rifles, and I was going to fly back to England to pick up my girl friend, then to Zimbabwe.

No problems.

They took me to a gunshop, I bought 2 second hand rifles.

A Remington Safari 375 H&H and a Ruger 77 25-06.

I asked how do I get the rifles to Zimbabwe.

No problem.

They organized that and the rifles were waiting for me at the airport at Vic Falls!

Arrived in the morning in Zim, got picked at the airport by Roy Vincent.

He asked what animals I was after.

I told him "everything I can shoot"

Had lunch, and went out in the after noon and shot a waterbuck.

A few days later we found an elephant.

Got close to him, and I was working in my mind how I would shoot.

Pull the trigger, reload, pull the trigger, reload, pull the trigger.

Imagine my total shock when the elephant dropped down stone dead as I fired.

A few days later we went to the Deka safari area.

The cam was at a waterhole.

Went out in the afternoon and followed some buffalo.

Caught up with them just before sun down at the waterhole by the camp!!??

Rene, and her two young kids, Alan and Diana were watching the buffalo have a drink.

They had no idea we were across the river watching the buffalo.

The Remington takes 2 in the magazine, and one in the chamber.

I somehow managed to squeeze a third one in the magazine, and chambered a fourth round.

I fired at the buffalo, the magazine bottom opened, all the cartridges fell out, I started running at break neck speed after the buffalo, loading a round by hand.

Roy was screaming STOP RUNNING!

The buffalo dropped dead a few yards further.

I have photos of the young family by my first buffalo.

Had an absolutely fantastic hunt at Rosslyn Safaris.

Met an American gentleman with his wife there.

He had some health problems, and died in camp.

Rene was schooling her kids at home.

One day I asked Diana if she had ever ridden a camel?

She said no.

IU picked her up and put her on my shoulders and ran around with her.

At school the next day she announced "I have had a ride on a CAMEL!"

Rene told her to stop lying!

She said "I am not lying mom! I had a ride on Saeed!"

Now both Diana and Alan have their own kids, and a very long friendship was started.

The Vincents all come to visit us in April every year, and we hunt with them every year too.

Alan has a 4 year old son, and the kid absolutely loves shooting!

First thing he says to his parents in the morning "can we go to Uncle Saeed and shoot?"

Hessa has a Chipmunk 22 single shot, and he uses that one. Perfect size for him.

What a fantastic way to bring up a child!

Lovely memories there, Saeed!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Poyntman:
quote:
quote:

If George thinks I'm misrepresenting the facts, he's free to dispute them. In fact, he's been challenged to do so several times now. Yet, the crickets are still chirping and the wind is still blowing.

coffee

Not to mention he left the outfitter with a 3000USD fine by the game department of Zim that the outfitter had to eat.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote