New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who’d be last choise PH?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In another thread excellent PHs were mentioned, but what about the lousy ones? Which ones should be avoided?

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Me sofa

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Do I get a cash prize if I can guess Saeed's answer?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Once had a PH ask me to have a look at a Leopard set up as he had no idea why the big cat would not feed.

Having examined the ground I told him Hyena don't climb trees.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine:
In another thread excellent PHs were mentioned, but what about the lousy ones? Which ones should be avoided?

How can you get an honest reply when most posters in the African hunting forum are either in the industry or their groupies.If you say anything negative even if it is the truth,I hope you are not planning to go back.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having examined the ground I told him Hyena don't climb trees.

It has been a while but I seem to recall that the tracks are similar from the seat of a Cruiser...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
quote:

How can you get an honest reply when most posters in the African hunting forum are either in the industry or their groupies.If you say anything negative even if it is the truth,I hope you are not planning to go back.

What an utterly stupid post!

Everyone stands on his own feet here.

No one gets any protection from AR.

The goods guys always are praised and the crooks are always told what they are!

May be you can give me ONE example where AR has protected a crook!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68663 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
quote:

Are you serious? You must be joking.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you serious? You must be joking.

Not at all.

Show me ONE example where we at AR favored any crook!

Posts: 68663 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not talking about crooks.I am talking about good or bad experiences in general-greed,stuff like that...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am not talking about crooks.I am talking about good or bad experiences in general-greed,stuff like that...

OK, when have you ever seen AR not allow anyone from posting his or her bad experience?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

OK, when have you ever seen AR not allow anyone from posting his or her bad experience?

Who said anything about AR not allowing bad experiences to be posted? Are you trying to divert the subject?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Please explain what you mean by the above then!

The way I understand it, you mean that people get favorable treatment when they do not deserve, and are being protected!

Something which utterly untrue.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Please explain what you mean by the above then!

The way I understand it, you mean that people get favorable treatment when they do not deserve, and are being protected!

Something which utterly untrue.

Yes that is what I mean and its true.
Do you believe you would be treated the way you are on your hunts if you did not own this web site and you did not have the funds to return often? I am not saying you would have been treated bad but your experience,IMO would be of lesser quality.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I hope any paying client gets treated well, and the facts show that the majority do get treated well.

All one has to do is be honest and do his home work who to hunt with.

But, I can assure you there are a lot more crooked clients than there are crooked professional hunters.

I suppose that is normal as there are a lot more hunters than professional hunters.

And this is not just related to hunting, but to all forms of relationship between those providing a service and those who buy this service.

Even in business, I avoid dealing with certain people due to their unsavory reputation, and I have no problems telling them the reason I do not wish to deal with them

When one is honest, regardless in what he does, people would know.
And when one is dishonest, people will avoid them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember that hunt where you mistook a cow for a bull and then ranted at the ineptness of your PH who was all but inept and the sad story backfired badly on you?

If you cannot recall the incident the rest of the AR community certainly hasn't forgotten so you'd be wise not to ripple the millpond unless you want a tsunami coming your way. Wink

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I would think that Martin Pieters would be a strong contender.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To me this question need to be clarified. Is the OP referring to skills, work ethic, hunting ethics, business ethics or a combination thereof?

It seems to me that there could be a different answer for each.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
Remember that hunt where you mistook a cow for a bull and then ranted at the ineptness of your PH who was all but inept and the sad story backfired badly on you?

If you cannot recall the incident the rest of the AR community certainly hasn't forgotten so you'd be wise not to ripple the millpond unless you want a tsunami coming your way. Wink

This is not the first time you are showing up on a thread for the purpose of insulting and harassing me.I do not know who you are and really don't care.Your post just goes to prove my point about people one would not want to deal with in Africa and please stop harassing me.If you can't have a mature discussion with someone Go F... yourself.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
To me this question need to be clarified. Is the OP referring to skills, work ethic, hunting ethics, business ethics or a combination thereof?

Larry,

I take the question as a combination of everything.

And this applies to both parties, client and professional hunter.

Those of us who have been hunting for years tend to have a certain reputation - good or bad is immaterial- but people dealing with us make up their own minds whether to deal with a certain individual or not.

I know a number of professional hunters who have refused to hunt with certain clients.

Just like us clients avoiding to deal with certain individuals in the business.

As far as I am concerned, any professional hunter who has had negative reports on his performance, and those reports come from reliable sources, I would avoid dealing with him.

That is why we try to keep AR very open to any discussion - discussions that are not allowed on some other sites.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Larry,

I take the question as a combination of everything.

And this applies to both parties, client and professional hunter. Those of us who have been hunting for years tend to have a certain reputation - good or bad is immaterial- but people dealing with us make up their own minds whether to deal with a certain individual or not. I know a number of professional hunters who have refused to hunt with certain clients.

Just like us clients avoiding to deal with certain individuals in the business.

As far as I am concerned, any professional hunter who has had negative reports on his performance, and those reports come from reliable sources, I would avoid dealing with him.

That is why we try to keep AR very open to any discussion - discussions that are not allowed on some other sites.

Agreed, I remember the time a client was publicly fired by an outfitter on this forum.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This is not the first time you are showing up on a thread for the purpose of insulting and harassing me.I do not know who you are and really don't care.Your post just goes to prove my point about people one would not want to deal with in Africa and please stop harassing me.If you can't have a mature discussion with someone Go F... yourself.

George, why do you think you are being harassed? Fulvio is speaking the truth. You shot a buffalo cow instead of a bull when the PH was telling you not to shoot. You posted the video of it here. You caused a major problem for the outfitter dealing with Parks and they ate most of the fine in order to help you out of the situation you put yourself in.

Then you came on here and crapped on the outfitter! You stated publicly here on AR that you shot the cow because you were tired of tracking and stalking without getting the opportunity to shoot something so you "went out and brought meat back to the camp".

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Others here refer to you as an Asshat. I just think you're an ASS!!

coffee

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
quote:

George, why do you think you are being harassed? Fulvio is speaking the truth. You shot a buffalo cow instead of a bull when the PH was telling you not to shoot. You posted the video of it here. You caused a major problem for the outfitter dealing with Parks and they ate most of the fine in order to help you out of the situation you put yourself in.

Then you came on here and crapped on the outfitter! You stated publicly here on AR that you shot the cow because you were tired of tracking and stalking without getting the opportunity to shoot something so you "went out and brought meat back to the camp".

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Others here refer to you as an Asshat. I just think you're an ASS!!

coffee

You are the perfect example of a groupie I was referring to and yes, if one repeatedly seeks out someone on a thread that he doesn't get along with just to insult him over again he is harassing that individual.Just like you are doing here.So I ask you too, please stop.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
To the original question...
Evance (or Evans) Mkanza.
He should get an award for screwing the most clients.
Kept my trophy fee so Parks would not release my buffalo, shitty camp, fat ass, on his cell when stalking, etc., Miserable piece of human shit. Liar, thief, lost his license.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

coffee

You are the perfect example of a groupie I was referring to and yes, if one repeatedly seeks out someone on a thread that he doesn't get along with just to insult him over again he is harassing that individual.Just like you are doing here.So I ask you too, please stop.

So to be clear George, what part of the story do you deny?

Do you deny shooting a buff cow while on a buff bull hunt?
Do you deny shooting this cow while Blake was telling you not to shoot?
Do you deny coming here on AR and claiming you did this to "bring meat to camp" because you were tired of hunting without killing something?
Do you deny posting the video of the entire sad experience?
Do you deny your actions caused a major problem for the outfitter with Parks?
Do you deny the outfitter paid the majority of your fine to prevent you from experiencing legal troubles in a 3rd world country's legal system?
Do you deny coming here on AR and crapping on the outfitter afterwards?

Just trying to understand what part of the story you disagree with so that we can all understand why you think you are being harassed.

coffee

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
To the original question...
Evance (or Evans) Mkanza.
He should get an award for screwing the most clients.
Kept my trophy fee so Parks would not release my buffalo, shitty camp, fat ass, on his cell when stalking, etc., Miserable piece of human shit. Liar, thief, lost his license.
Cal

Reminds me of someone who shoots his clients buffalo, because the clients are such bad hunters, and other pros are so scared they actually let the clients kill their own buffalo!

Oh, and let us never forgot operating illegally without a license, shooting ear tagged, farm bred buffalo with several shots from his 600 Nitro Express! rotflmo

Bloody hell, it cannot get any worse to be avoided! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will say one thing about the average zim PH. They are true gentlemen. I have only seen one time an outfitter blacklisted a person on AR, and it was well deserved.
What would the response be if the Zim PHs posted a list of clients they hate to hunt with or won't at all? They are business men, and must act as so, but you rarely hear a cross word from any of them regardless of what went on. I very much respect that, and think most, if not all are a fine lot.

Posts: 118 | Location: Utah | Registered: 25 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could you or any person on this site please show what I posted about a sleeping lion? To my knowledge I never said a thing. I will be waiting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didnt want to start a fight. But I would get my shit together if I was you.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff SN:
Didnt want to start a fight. But I would get my shit together if I was you.

A bit difficult to do that when you have your mind set on something! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya I see that. I dont like getting called out on stuff I didnt say.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
George, George?

Bueller, Bueller?

Still waiting on a denial!

coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ya I see that. I dont like getting called out on stuff I didnt say.

Are you married? rotflmo

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
The story of a hunter shooting a leopard comes to mind of a PH to avoid.

After placing many bait locations, And having many different leopards on the different baits, the decision made after checking the trail cameras by the PH was to set up and go after a large leopard of interest. So the PH and hunter were in the blind and a leopard come in and starts feeding on the bait, then the PH give the hunter the go ahead to shoot, and it was a great shot. The Leopard is killed and pictures are taken, however the leopard does not have any family jewels. The hunter pays the trophy fees for the leopard and goes home. Now at home, the hunter after the normal waiting period starts to check with his PH about when he can get his trophy trophy leopard exported, and it never shows. That is when the hunter finds out that he killed a leopard of the wrong sex for it to be exported.

So the question becomes, would you book a hunt or leopard with this PH?

So things do happen out there that you try to avoid when you are looking to book a hunt.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04EtOyVeHY

That's what I thought!

coffee

so we have crickets and wind, that good if i want to go to sleep.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Do I get a cash prize if I can guess Saeed's answer?
rotflmo

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeff SN:
Could you or any person on this site please show what I posted about a sleeping lion? To my knowledge I never said a thing. I will be waiting

I got you mixed up with someone else.
I will delete my post.But you are still an asshole like him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes larry I am I do have a wife that puts up with me most of the time.
Mister george, I think your actions on this site in the past have summed you up on its own. As far as calling me an asshole, I dont like it. Where I come from thats not very friendly. I guess I will come explain manners to you at either SCI, or DSC. Whatever you would like. You say you go to at least one.
I look forward to it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes larry I am I do have a wife that puts up with me most of the time.
Mister george, I think your actions on this site in the past have summed you up on its own. As far as calling me an asshole, I dont like it. Where I come from thats not very friendly. I guess I will come explain manners to you at either SCI, or DSC. Whatever you would like. You say you go to at least one.
I look forward to it.

I am going to find out what is your name and notify the authorities.