THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    3 terrorist attacks on US in the last hour
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 terrorist attacks on US in the last hour
 Login/Join

<texas_hunter>
posted
The world trade center and Pentagon have both just been attacked. Major loss of life. The top 20 floors of the WTC have just collaped. Thousand dead.

Streets of N.Y.C. in flames. White House evacuated.

Black day in American history.

Tex

one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
What I've seen is that two airliners hit one of the World Trade Center Towers. Both towers have now collapsed. One of the liners was a 767 out of Boston.

I have heard reports there is a third airliner, hijacked, that they don't know where it is. Dunno about this.

A private plane out of an airport in Virginia has been crashed into the Pentagon.

CNN is reporting that a car bomb has gone off outside the State Dept.

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
<recurve shooter>
posted
with great sadness i have witnessed this tradedgy and sensless act of terror . i guess the time has come for the world to finally come to grips with to world terrorism and the only way i can see for terrorist to be delt with is if they cease to exist by what ever means are nessary . ---- herb

<Quint 6>
posted
Everyone, while I sit on duty here at the Fire station, I know there were hundreds of NYFD fireman ascending to fight the fires in the WTC. Please pray for their families and them. Something has to be done. Thanks, Glen.

<Cobalt>
posted
I give Bin Laden two weeks, max. We just have to look under every rock to find that snake. I look forward to being recalled to active duty. Cobalt

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Been farting around with Bin Laden for 8 years. I figure it is time to quit farting around.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Utter Damned Fool>
posted
If your year back from Africa is up...give blood.

JCB

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our Dear American Friends,

Our hearts are heavy with pain for your loss of those innocent souls.

This is the most cowardly act anyone can possibly commit.

I hope you get those responsible for this atrocity.

We are watching all this horror live on CNN!

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 68796 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<texas_hunter>
posted
Saeed: I watched the second plane hit the WTC live. I can not begin to tell you the horror of watching the scene unfold.

When you realize the trajedy that has happened afte rthe towers fell...... It just sucks the life right of you.

What a horrible black day for America. We must find these cowards once and for all...

Tex

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I can not belive it

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
My fellow hunters and shooters,

No matter where in the world you are, or what language you speak, please pause for a minute and pray for the souls of all the innocent people who are no longer walking with us today.

Also, let us not rush to judgement as to who to blame for this horrific act, remember how wrong we were about the Oklahoma City bombing.

Time will tell who is to blame for this travesty of humanity, and enough innocents have already paid dearly for others' misconceptions.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well folks, I just made it home after three hours' travel from Manhattan. Normally, my train discharges me in the basement of the WTC around the time of the plane crashes into the towers.
The horror is unimaginable for this NYC boy, who was a block away when the last group of bombers tried to bring the towersa down.
As the ferry sailed past (the only way to get out of Manhattan right now), there was nothing but smoke where the towers once were.

I know that this is old news for many of you, but I just had to vent somewhere.

I don't know who is responsible; Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Qaddafi, PFLP, or some other group. However, we MUST strike back at all of them and settle their grievances once and for all.

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Our hearts go out to all who are touched by this act of terrosism. We pray that those responsible will be hunted down swiftly, and dealt with in such a way, that it will act as a deterrent to others.

------------------
Gerard Schultz
GS Custom Bullets

[This message has been edited by Gerard (edited 09-11-2001).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
My prayers go out to the many affected friends and families of our American brothers and sisters. The loss of American Life and agression on our home soil shall not be tolerated; mercy on the tortured souls who perpatrated this grotesque act, I know I would not be capable of it.
I am very familiar with that part of lower Manhattan and can only imagine, but not fathom, the chaos that will remain for many monthes or years to come.

David Schnabel

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
<buffalo_buster>
posted
My prayers and deepest sympathies to the friends and families of the victims. I would urge all of you to donate blood to your nearest red cross.
May god help us all.
BB

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
GeorgeS,

I am glad to hear you are still with us.

I am sure most of us will be affected through the loss of someone we know in this terrible incident.

God be with us.

------------------
Wendell Reich
Hunter's Quest International

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
<Sniper>
posted
Saeed thank you for your kind words.

I think the time has come for America to declare war against terrorist organizations and to become proactive instead of reactive against all forms of terrorism.

To the Palestinians dancing in the streets, I'd tell Israel the reigns are off.

<Ol' Sarge>
posted
My prayers go out to the families and friends of the innocent victims of this horrible act.

I hope it doesn't come to it, but if there is a recall of retired military personnel I'll gladly volunteer.

------------------
To be old and wise.....first you have to be young and stupid!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes I agree with all of you that are prayers and thoughts are on the people of the USA.

I think that this post shows that the people who post here are of a hi caliber like alot of the people of the USA who pull together when we are under attack. One great thing that makes the USA so strong.

MAY GOD COMFORT ALL THE FAMILIES

RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its time to pray for the souls of the departed and for the families and children that have been orphaned...

It is now time to hold the countries of Iraq, Iran, Afganistan etc. responsible..They have been protecting and horboring these thugs too long, either turn the terrorist over to us or level their cities unmercifully until they do, otherwise we can expect more of the same.....

The gloves must come off and WE must survive. to survive we must fight...Law of the jungle, and the survival of the fitest...Sorry all you pacifest and liberals out there, my loved ones take precidence....and don't give me that cool heads must prevail, the first blood has been drawn....

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
American friends,

today you have in your country experienced one of the worst crimes against humanity in the history. This is not only a crime against America but against all mankind.

We say prayers for the dead, injured and their families.

Fritz K.

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
<rwj>
posted
Saeed: Your kind words are appreciated.

To the others: As for laying blame at this time, as some have done here, I recommend that we wait and see who is responsible before we start bombing foreign countries and lynching citizens in the street. I clearly remember the morning the OK City bomb went off..I was working in Tulsa, OK about 100 miles away and I knew men and women that were hurt and killed in that explosion. And everyone was immediately convinced, everyone knew for certain, that it was some generic Middle-East terrorist styreotype that had committed that horrific crime when in fact it was a couple of dangerous American men. I say we find the cowards who did this, and then assign blame properly and with due process and then punish them.

Robert Jobson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm certain that this post won't make me terribly popular around here, but that's what America is all about right?
I firmly agree with Ray that the gloves have to come off. We are, unfortunately, the last to realize this in America. The gloves have been off throughout the rest of the world for the last 50 years! While today's events were unspeakably tragic, they were, also, inevitable given the history of US foreign policy. Our meddling abroad certainly did little to discourage this course of action for those who are only slightly more nationalistic than we.
I heard Kissinger speak this morning about the events in NYC and I have to say that he sounded a lot like the schoolyard bully that just got socked in the nose. The U.S. has become the most powerful nation in the world by spilling the blood of civilians abroad, murdering unfriendly "dictators", manipulating the third world into world bank servitude via punitive international trade policies, and frankly, as much as the civilian bloodshed today is deplorable and a horrible waste, I am not at all surprised that it happened given the behavior of the U.S. in global politics over the last 50 years.
In short, today's events . . . sad but not surprising.
Let me apologize in advance if I offended anyone or came off sounding like an insensitive SOB, but I just had to vent a bit. For anyone who may be tempted to flame me for this, skip the flame mail and buy yourself a book by William Blum called Killing Hope: a history of U.S. military and CIA intervention since World War II.

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
R I agree with you. Lets not lynch until we figure out who it is. If we go killing the wrong people that makes it a triple tragedy. Thems that party in the street at this might think again though. I have a hard time mustering up much sympathy for them. Sad day for us and the world. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
John: Yes, there is something about it, sure (Hospital and prison bombing in Yugoslavia etc.). But NOTHING, I say NOTHING can give reasons for this brutal, damnable terrorist attack against civilians !!!

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<William E. Tibbe>
posted
Good Bye - Osama Ben Laden!

Good Bye - TALABAND!

Good Bye Islamic, Moslem Terrorists!

As the Catholic Priest said - " Only Tradegy Succeeds "!

The world will be a better place - soon!

May everyones God give the unfortunate victims everlasting peace!

Let us all pray: Merciful God in heaven !

Kendall Dace

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a terrible thing to happen, to anyone. Words cannot describe it.
The gloves will come off, and hopefully be directed to those responsible for this act and those that harbor any & all terrorists.
One note of concern for the US. Wild speculation is causing a sharp increase in fuel prices. $3.00, $4.00, $5.00 / gallon gasoline prices are currently happening. Lines at stations are already taking place. Rumors of refineries shutting down for fear of attack are everywhere. This will affect all oil & chemical related industries and snowball to everything else. Hopefully, this will not last long.

Bless the innocents and exterminate the terrorists!

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
My sincere heartfelt sympathy to all of America ... and especially the families friends and other whom have had a personal loss ...

Now is the time to ACT ... the world has been pussfooting around with terrorists for toooo long ... I hope the USA has the courage to HIT every SOB country that supports terrorists and HIT them with whatever is needed to oblitorate them off the face of the earth ... not ifs or butts just action

My prayers to America

------------------
Peter
Balla Balla Safaris

... africa is in my soul .. my heart bleeds for africa ..

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I forget who's signature is "Don't get killed for lack of shooting back."

I think the hijackings point out the need for all the passangers to be armed, instead of the opposite.

Will

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jiri,

Obviously, "reason" is not something to go looking for today. Certainly there is no reason for what happened today (except the desperate desire to get out from under the thumb of the U.S). That said, if we are going to look for "reasons", we should examine those utilized by the U.S. to justify killing civilians? That one is simple . . . profit motive.

JohnTheGreek

America's Terrorist Roots
Geov Parrish, WorkingForChange.com
September 11, 2001

"Throughout the world, on any given day, a man, woman, or child is likely to
be displaced, tortured, killed, or 'disappeared', at the hands of governments
or armed political groups. More often than not, the United States shares the
blame." -- Amnesty International, 1996

"Everything I did, I did for my country." -- Pol Pot

As people recoil in horror at what is undeniably, well, a horror and a
tragedy, and as the U.S. undoubtedly starts to mount retaliatory attacks,
here are a few brief reminders of how we got here.

I listened incredulously Monday as NPR's "Talk of the Nation" sunk to what
I can only wish was a new low, with a spirited, cheerful, explicit hour-long
defense of the wholesome goodness for the entire world of the American
Empire and its current global military dominance. Two cheerleaders for this
arrangement deftly handled softball questions, while nobody, in the segments
I could stomach listening to, bothered to point out that, for example, this
country was founded because our much-worshipped "Founding Fathers"
didn't like being told what to do by bullies halfway around the world. Times
haven't changed that much.

Yesterday, Henry Kissinger was facing accusations (thank you, Christopher
Hitchens) of being a war criminal. He's not alone. Here's a short list of
additional recent American war criminals-- essentially the American leaders
of the last decades:

William Clinton, former President, for 78 days and nights of bombing the
civilians of Yugoslavia (carried out by U.S. Gen. Wesley Clark under
NATO auspices); continuation of sanctions and rocket attacks upon the
people of Iraq; and illegal bombings of Somalia, Bosnia, Sudan, and
Afghanistan.

Gen. Colin Powell, Secretary of State, for his leading role in the attacks on
Panama, Iraq, and covering up My Lai. George Bush, former President, for
the murder of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians, and thousands of
Panamanian civilians (along with kidnapping the country's leader, a former
CIA prot�g�).

Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, former Commander in Chief, U.S. Central
Command, for his role in attacking Iraqi civilians.

Ronald Reagan, former President, for illegal attacks on El Salvador,
Nicaragua, Guatemala, Grenada, and Libya.

Elliot Abrams, former Assistant Secretary of State (and back in the new
Bush Administration), for overseeing much of the death and fascism in
Central America. Also Casper Weinberger, Secretary of Defense; Lt. Col.
Oliver North; and many others.

Henry Kissinger, former Secretary of State: Chile, Vietnam, East Timor,
Angola, Iraq, and Cambodia.

Gerald Ford, former President, for giving approval to Indonesia for the
genocide of East Timor.

And on, back through the war in Southeast Asia. "War criminal" means just
that--inflicting a level of carnage barbaric and unacceptable even in time of
war. It does not even begin to touch the many regimes -- today, Israel
comes to mind -- that the U.S. has supported, armed, advised, and even
installed, who have inflicted horrors on their own populations.

This is a day of complete horror in the history of the United States; and the
American public as well as its leaders will demand retribution. Let's not
forget, however, how we got to this day.

[This message has been edited by JohnTheGreek (edited 09-12-2001).]

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
<SafariOfTheMind>
posted
Let's no play into the game of the terrorists. They WANT us to be scared, angry and go out and shoot some innocents. We MUST find out just who did it and be merciles with them but xenophobia is our worst enemy. If we change our freedom and our way of life because a handful of thugs attack us then the terrorist have WON. That day should never come!

To this hour I have some friends who work in the NY area I haven't been able to contact. I pray for them and their families that they survived.

Sadly, RJ

<10point>
posted
I agree that we shouldnt have meddled in so many foreighn affair's, Ive said so many times on this forumn. American boy's should fight and die for American interest's only.

But our military never targeted civlians in this manner, and never hijacked airiliner's and ran them into BLDG's. Whether we should have allowed a genocide in the Balkans or not that matter has no bearing on this attack today. Nor does ole Saddam's incursion into Kuwait. What were we supposed to do ? Let that Lunatic control the Worlds energy ?

Nothing even remotely justify's what happened today. We are now at war, whether we acknowledge it or not, "we really always have been". I already posted my prayer, now its payback time. I can hear the Tomohauks whistling thru that shithole Agfganistan already.

Atkinson's right, the best defense is a good offense. We should have done it long ago. Its time to incinerate everyone of those Terrorist countries until they give them up.........period.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, I agree with you 100% No more of this "surgical Strike" bullshit. The gloves must come off. It sure sounds like Afghanastan is behind this. If it is proven that they did, we should use ALL,(read NUCLEAR) weapons at our disposal to destrpy them. THIS MUST STOP HERE AND NOW!! The only thing these kind of people understand is violence, lets give them some! Also, lets take the chains off of the Israelies and let them take out some of the trash, too. I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for Bin Lauden's future right about now. He must die, NOW!! My God, what is wrong with people like him and his ilk? Say hello to Allah,you bastard. LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

[This message has been edited by TJC (edited 09-12-2001).]

Posts: 448 | Location: High Ridge MO USA | Registered: 16 February 2001Reply With Quote
<R. A. Berry>
posted
JohnTheGeek,
You enrage me with your whining. Many of us are well aware of the past, which you seem to have just discovered. Yes, the U.S.A. has had to wrestle with pigs in the past, and it has gotten dirty, so you say.

Maybe it is time for a good herd thinning.

Godspeed to the avengers. Rest in peace to the innocent dead. May the terrorist vermin be exterminated swiftly and burn in hell.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Anybody know what's going on in Afghanistan? I heard of some type of rocket attack that wasn't done by the US. Coincidence?

Posts: 425 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
I am sorry say I was able to witness the destruction and carnage at the world trade center, it looks worse in real life.

I have never been so moved

one of us
posted Hide Post
JohntheGreek,

In case you missed it today, someone declared war on us. Sixty years ago, the Nips did that, and before it was over, they found out what "The only good Jap, is a dead Jap" and nuclear weapons meant and were about.

I don't know what your problem is, but I am really pissed about todays attack. If some one wants to make war with us, I am now ready to take it too them (and all those who think it was wonderful, like the kids jumping up and down in the streets on the West Bank.)

I am not interested in "justice." Justice is something metted out to criminals. In war, you kill 'em until you change their minds about their commitment. We are real good at killing, and I'd give them serious demonstrations about what killing was about.

I think we need to advise the Afghans to turn Bin Laden over to us within 24 hours, at the end of which, we will consider them and their government "accessories after the fact" and we will make war on them. Thereafter, if they fail to deliever him, we ought to make war on them until they understand the expression, "Nuc 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark." Men, women, children, old and young-just like they made war on us.

Thereafter, we need to publish a target list of cities we will "hit" if there are further "terrorists" incidents, not necessarily in rank order. After Afghanistan, the leaders of the world would understand that we were more than serious about carrying out our attacks on those who support, harbor, and provide comfort for those who make war on us. Ku-dude

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
What Ku-dude said!

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Quint 6>
posted
Well, I knew the boys were going in to fight the fire, and I knew some of em wouldn't come out, but dammit, over 200? I'm with Kudude and Longbob. Most of my crew are making plans to attend the memorial in NYC. I know I'll be there. Very sadly, Glen.

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
ku-dude - You hit the nail on the head - This is war. President Bush made the clarification that this was an act of war on the U.S. So we get to take the gloves off. There will be no judge, no jury - just a dose of lead to the head. The President went on to include the guilty and those who have continually supported, financed, facilitated, and harbored the guilty.

We need to wipe the entire seed of terrorism off the planet. This means the terrorists, their families, their friends, and even their neighbors. The innocent will die with the guilty for no reason more than casual association. Leave no martyrs that will once again pick the flame of terrorism. Simply extinguish the flame for all eternity.

Anything less, will cause our children�s children more heartache as we experienced today. We have a unique opportunity to eradicate the problem forevermore and we will have full global support and approval. I hope we don�t miss the opportunity nor stop before we complete the mission. We did not go far enough in Iraq and we are still paying the price. Let�s do the job properly this time.

The children in the West Bank will once again be dancing in the streets, however, this time, it will be to the tune of an American Assault Rifle.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote