THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    What will be the next "Boddington on ..." film project?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will be the next "Boddington on ..." film project?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We all love Craig and his Fulson/Dankliff crew from Dallas. What would you like to see next in the Boddington On .... series? He hunts everywhere -what do you want to see?

Question:
What do you think will be or want to see as the next installment of "Boddington on....."

Choices:
Boddington on Plains Game
Boddington on Spiral Horned Antelope
Boddington on Ethiopia
Boddington on CAR and Cameroon
Boddington on Sheep of the World
Boddington on Argentina

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boddington on the African Lion.

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boddington on Humans! shocker

It is rumored that Craig is now in training and is going to turn his immense energies and talents (and newly ripped physique) towards the ultimate hunting ground: the UFC!

Stay tuned ! thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
"Boddington on Asia", with the numerous countries open to hunting and the vast variety of game, I think it would make a great dvd/book.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boddington on AR

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
When I was at SCI/Reno a couple of years ago, Ludo Wurfbain at Safari Press told me he planned to get out of the safari & hunting publishing business and get into the vegan lifestyle publishing business.

So I suggested 'Boddington on Carrots'.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McCray:
Boddington on the African Lion.

+1

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
How about Boddington on Uganda?
There is a dearth of current information on hunting and fishing there.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vandyboy
posted Hide Post
My guess would be 'Boddington on Lions'.

Posts: 111 | Location: Jackson, MI USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spiral Horned Antelope, to go with his awesome, limited edition book that I'm scraping $$$ together to afford.

Rich

Besides, he told me once that lions are the only animal he has hunted that scare him.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Boddington on lion. I asked him about it at Reno and he said that was very likely as they had been compiling video footage for some time now. Count me in! I'll buy the first one!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plains Game (which could included some specialties like LDE, Bongo and Mtn nyala)

or

Boddington on Central Asia (urials, argalis, markhor, ibex and gazelles) of the 'stans', Turkey and Mongolia!!

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kayaker:
LDE, Bongo and Mtn nyala

He could prabably do one on these species alone.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For sure yes, I guess it depends on how long it would be, I guess the same could be said for sheep/ibex etc by region and type

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Afternoon Boys
Both Boddington On Lion and Bod. On Plainsgame are in the pipeline although we have not decided on which will come first. We have been compiling lion footage as fast as possible, but it is some big job to get kill footage on a large number of lion when compared to other species. But we are getting there. We could do "a DVD" tomorrow on lion, but we want it to have the same style content and footage as the leopard movie. As you can guess, we could, and will do a plains game DVD, as we full well realize the vast majority of modern safaris are plains game only hunts . But, will they sell as those featuring dangerous game? I'm putting the question out there, and I would welcome any and all feedback from the AR team. Speaking of Uganda, Craig will be there filming in June and we are hoping for some good TV shows from the trip. We are all over the continent this year with film crews in Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Zambia,Botswana, South Africa, Namibia,Mozambique, CAR, and Namibia on the schedule so far. I dont know with our schedule if you will ever see Boddington on Asia, not because he is not hunting there, but the video b-roll necessary for that type of project would take years to collect. Africa is our game guys, and thats what we do best. Please let us know your thoughts on the next Boddington on subject, and THANKS for the idea Dogcat !

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Howzabout an entire series of Bod on individual African countries?

Now that would be REALLY cool! thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to see Steve's idea but with lions. Every African country with a lion quota.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lion would be great! The Boddington on Leopard was phenominal!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Lion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Lion.

Peter

Posts: 120 | Location: Oshkosh, WI | Registered: 21 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One for lion and one for a sheep film. I hope the old Bod man can stay in shape long enough to do a really cool sheep film. He ain't no spring so he'd better get on with it. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
At the NRA convention in Louisville Craig told me he had been talking about doing a Boddington on Bears in Alaska. This was a year and a half ago. Whatever he does it's top notch.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Boddington on Europe or

Trophys of the World, Grizzly in Alaska, Red in Scotland, Roe in Europe etc ..

Africa has been done.

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
LION HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I am hoping for "Boddington on Wild Sheep" (or even a series of sheep vids...."Boddington on Bighorns", "Boddington on Thinhorns", "Boddington on Argalis", etc).

I'd love to do a Boddington'esque video on NA wild sheep. I haven't seen anything of the like out there, and there hasn't been much written on what to do to be a successful sheep hunter in a long time. You could cover conditioning, gear for backpacking, nutrition, pack dogs, horse packing, habits, habitat, how to glass, guns, loads, shooting in mountainous terrain, judging sheep, etc, etc.

One on mule deer hunting would also rock. There is a lot more info out there on backcountry mule deer hunting (Eastman, Long, Prothero, Darner, Hanes, etc), but I've never seen a good quality video that covers it all.

Cheers
Chris

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know this is the African section, but if you're a sheep hunter, you're a sheep hunter!!!!
I'm with Canuck.

Posts: 443 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
crshelton

I will hopfully be psting a report on Uganda soon in the process of arranging to hunt the right now.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I voted Boddington on Argentina, since there its much fine game there , and with outfitters like juan Pozzi here it would be fun to see the Argentine hunting areas and hunt tactics on film fro mthere, plus they have lots of various hunting areas from mountain to jungle and the grat Pampas-

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 for Lion, the Buffalo projects had a great impact in terms of educating hunters about what really constitutes a trophy and what we need to do to conserve the quality for generations to come.

Lion hunting needs the same at the moment - the future of Lion hunting in Africa has never been in a more precarious predicament as it is now. And trophy hunting of Lions is probably the only hope for the survival of lions in many of Africa's wilderness areas. Without that value on their heads we will one day only see them in the big fenced game parks and some of the more exclusive well managed wilderness areas that are few and far between in central and east africa.

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It.s going to be Boddington On Lion boys ! should be a really great project as we have been filming lion hunts like crazy . November release.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Boddington on Brunettes?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
quote:
It.s going to be Boddington On Lion boys !

beer can't wait!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave - That's absolutely fantastic news! What Manyathelo said above simply couldn't be said any better. The timing is right for a good DVD on lion hunting, and I know Craig will do a great job on explaining the conservation benefits hunting has on the future of the lion population. I know you guys will do your usual fantastic job, and I'm really looking forward to its release. Good job!

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Boddington on Brunettes?

I'm partial to blondes myself!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
It.s going to be Boddington On Lion boys ! should be a really great project as we have been filming lion hunts like crazy . November release.

Great news. I'm looking forward to getting one.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I personally woudn't mind seeing a Boddington on Plains Game DVD. With plains game being the vast majority of safaris, additionaly, even DG hunts will have a small amount of PG involved. I will hunt Leopard and Buff in the future, so I have an interest in those DVD's but lions are probably out of my reach.

Regardless, keep up the great work!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that you guys are on board for PROJECT LION ! It has taken a looong time behind the cameras to get the stuff we have. Some of our video savvy buddies are making some real good footage available to us as well which will add a great deal to the quality of the film.
And BODDINGTON ON PLAINS GAME is "probably' next in the pipeline.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Could it be "Boddington on his next book"?

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1262 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will definitely buy the lion DVD when it comes out. I own the others and love them. Please do a plainsgame DVD as well. I would very much like to see that, especially if it can include hunts in a number of different habitats. As a rule, I really don't much care for hunting shows or DVD's, but the "Boddington" series are quite good.

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good.

Hopefully it will compare favorably to the first BoB.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote