THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    What will be the next "Boddington on ..." film project?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will be the next "Boddington on ..." film project?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sick and going to go lay down . I wander what Oprah is going talk about today on tv ?
A nice weekend to all.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

Hey, you didn't send me that Kroma so I'm not gonna tell you unless you arrive on my doorstep with Nganga's double in a gift wrapped package! rotflmo Wink

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Let me recommend a hearty dose of a good Islay Malt Whisky as a great remedy. beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve:

If you ever give up hunting, you should be a comedian!

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Getting back to the original question. I know what it will be but have been asked to keep it confidential. Wink

The good news is that I can be bought.

The bad news is that I can only be bought with next weeks guaranteed winning lottery numbers............. or perhaps with Nganga's left handed .500 double!

animal rotflmo jumping rotflmo animal

It has to be Boddington on Fulton and only available to those who are certified over 18.

Shakari heres my offer........ moon

Andrew, fitting answer eh?

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3543 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
I'm sick and going to go lay down . I wander what Oprah is going talk about today on tv ?
A nice weekend to all.

Damn you must really be sick if you are wondering what's on Oprah. Hope you get well soon.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:

Steve

Mate,

I'm gonna give you you shit in a good humoured way until I get to fondle that double.... even if it's just once!

I love good rifles but rarely covet them.... however, I covet that one.

Get used to it my friend! Wink

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:

Steve

Mate,

I'm gonna give you you shit in a good humoured way until I get to fondle that double.... even if it's just once!

I love good rifles but rarely covet them.... however, I covet that one.

Get used to it my friend! Wink

Steve,
I'll have to tell you the story of how I came to buy it sometime.

It really really is as nice as it looks, as far as physical things go, it is my most prized possession. My wife could not believe I actually take it into the bush.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3543 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Maybe we'll get to share a campfire and beer sometime.

I'd like to hear the story. tu2

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Shakari,

Think young Craig probably got some good mileage out of this thread but what about 'Shakari on doubles'

Everyone likes short stories.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9957 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Eishhh but you've done it now Andrew!

Hooker's now gonna be spending the entire weekend giving me stick with his short jokes!

Guess he'll probably start with the ones about vertical separation or 'apart-height' as it's known in South Africa! animal

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Steve:

If you ever give up hunting, you should be a comedian!

Larry,

I've gotta say I'm well known for my sense of humour but NOT well known for my GOOD sense of humour!

Twisted is a word that springs up a lot! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildlife Gallery:
Very interesting how this thread turned to mud slinging. It's always those select few individuals that know very little facts but draw very big conclusions.

I refuse to get in a war of words on any forum. For one I'm not a fast enough typer, and two, I prefer to see what people will say to my face because it is typically far less than they will say while hiding behind a computer screen.

That being said I've tried very hard to stay away from responding to this one, but Ivan, Craig and Dave have become very close friends of mine, and those who will condemn them truly don't know them. Before you throw stones at anyone, get the facts and apply some common sense.

I will tell you those three men try very hard to project hunting, conservation, and the total outdoors experience in a positive light. Yes, it is how they make a living and therefore they HAVE to promote their product which does promote self many times. It is no different than many other industries promoting their products and services.

I'm on here often for a variety of reasons which does include promoting my services as a taxidermist. No secret that thinking outside the box is often times the difference between being successful and not being successful.

Now that I've probably said way to much and taken way to much time from my busy day, I will walk away with my final thought... Approach any of these three men and get to know them just a little bit and you will likely have a change of heart about slinging mud their way. Are they perfect - no way- but neither is anyone else I've come across including myself....DAN

I can certainly appreciate your feelings. They're your friends. I would expect no less. That said criticism doesn't equal mud slinging. TAA had a show a few of us think is lack luster. Dave gets on all upset. Do I blame hime...hell no! It's his baby. Does that mean we don't appreciate them? No. We just didn't care for said show as much. We have the right to say that as much as he has the right to make it. Craig pumps some flashlights in front of a dead animals and a few feel it's demeaning to the animal. Does that mean they think he's not a good guy or the show is garbage? No. Personally I don't know Ivan from Jobe. That said I don't see how comparing similarities to what I see him doing and other people doing is slinging mud and I don't see the problem. Ivan was kind enough to answer with his rationelle not that he needed to do that. So what? Lighten up! Yeah I'm a big guy too and people generally don't say things to my face. So what? This is a forum for discussion. If someone even with a name as big as CB produces a flop or less than stellar performance he's likely going to get called out on this forum. Just calling it like they see it. If you can't handle that perhaps you should pedal your wears somewhere else.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
twisted is the least of the things I have call Steve. I wish I knew more french so I could cuss him for longer without reusing the same words rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
Craig pumps some flashlights in front of a dead animals and a few feel it's demeaning to the animal.

I've seen these thoughts and must say I don't completely understand them. I've never seen people take umbrage over dead animals being used to "pump" outfitters, why is it appropriate to pump some business ventures and not others? Dead is dead.

Saying that, I must acknowledge that my personal feelings also suffer from a lack of consistency. I despise much of the lack of respect that I've seen in some bow hunting shows and videos and yet when I go groundhog hunting, I simply kick the vermin down the closest hole. That is completely inconsistent and illogical.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivan carter:
good afternoon gentlemen ,
just back from africa - as usual at this time of the year evenings getting cooler , game starting to gather at waterpoints -

i must say i read through this thread and though i only come in way after all the excitement that i feel craig has done a lot for conservation , at the end of each and every segment we try hard to find an educational tip on an aspect of safari preparation , an aspect of conservation or an aspect of biology , anything that promotes knowing more about the animals , area and conservation of what you are hunting i feel is good for conservation -

brett - i appreciate your openness and i understand your opinion , yes i must say that was crazy to get on that elephants head - the last two elephants before that with that same client he had shot in the back of the head and the angle cracked a tusk , he had seen that move somewhere and asked if he could do it , i said yes only if you have correctly brainshot the bull (knowing that it would be dead ) he did brainshoot it and so i let him do what he wanted to do - would i do it now - heck no - but yes i did it ! as far as being compared to sullivan , thats okay with me , everyone has their own right to an opinion , of course i think i hunt differently but thats just me Wink

lane , yes there is a list of who killed what as far as self defense - i have killed quite a few animals that were very close and would be considered self defense however they were the animals that we were intending to kill.

As far as animals that we were not intending to kill that i had to kill in self defense , i have killed five , in 22 years of PHing - predominantly elephant - i am not sure about others but thats my number.

all this being said gentlemen, i know craig pretty well , he is a great guy to be around , a great wealth of knowledge in himself , his books, articles and dvds make great reading and watching , and i am proud to be associated with him -

22 yrs.???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
22 yrs.???

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Funny you questioned that and a number of us here in Zambia have never heard the name until recently and then it was associated with the above elephant incident. However we have Doug Reynolds (Lionel's son) residing here now and he is a very respected PH from Zimbabwe and he will be able to clarify this query for you if you want?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
22 yrs.???

According to the HHK site, he passed his PH exam in 1992.

http://www.hhksafaris.com/i_carter.php

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Second thoughts ask that Ganyana chap who seems to be in the know?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dla69:
quote:
22 yrs.???

According to the HHK site, he passed his PH exam in 1992.

http://www.hhksafaris.com/i_carter.php

http://forums.accuratereloadin...22101325/m/745107993

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
OK. I can see why you queried that.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of white north
posted Hide Post
I say BODDINGTON ON ELEPHANT 2

Posts: 126 | Location: Arviat, Nunavut, CANADA | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love the DG hunts (Cape Bufflao, Lion, are hard to beat). I also give Craig, Ivan, and Dave along with the Tracks Across Africa TV Series the credit in getting my interest rekindled in this sport. Great work folks, you all should be very proud. God Bless! tu2 patriot

The more people I get to know, the more I love my dog!

Posts: 117 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 26 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
The more people I get to know, the more I love my dog!

Yeah...me too.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
So, where exactly does this leave us with regard to "Boddington on Mountain Sheep"?

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
So, where exactly does this leave us with regard to "Boddington on Mountain Sheep"?

Not a baaaaaaaaaaaad idea. animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
now not only are the cats nervouse when Steve is around but the sheep are scared to death toooooo Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is some confusion on the dates on the Zim PH licences...Ivan got his license in 1991 as far as I can tell, - I got mine in 1989...but both our PH Licenses state 'year of issue' as 2000...same goes for many others - including some who have held a license since the late 1960's...If the original PH license was issued before Parks took over the licensing from the association when the new plastic cards were issued they all started at 2000....

Ivan would have been an apprentice for several years before that (I don't have those records, so yes- been involved in the safari industry for 22 years is an honest reflection of his experience.

Posts: 244 | Location: Zimbabwe/Sweden | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
been involved in the safari industry for 22 years

That...is a more accurate statement.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
been involved in the safari industry for 22 years

That...is a more accurate statement.

A person that holds a PH license is called a ????

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Did not have one for 22 yrs...only 18

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gee, I just got back from Africa, first Eastern Cape, then Zimbabwe, cancelled out of Uganda due to outfitter's hospitalization with malaria. Guys in my business tend to make jokes about what we call "shameless self-promotion"--kinda throwing stones at each other. I've never thought I was very good at it, but I guess I'm better than I thought since all this stuff went down without me knowing about it. I have defended Ivan before. I won't do so now. His style is different from many, but his record (18 or 19 years fully licensed, at least 4 years prior in the field as an apprentice, several years before that as a Parks guide) speaks for itself. As does his record of having to shoot animals in self-defense. Lower than some, higher than others; we've also talked about that on this forum. (BTW, whether you love Ivan or hate him, I hope you'll join me in congratulating him as a new Dad; his son Trail Carter was born last Saturday.) I also won't defend myself. Apparently Dr. East has a problem with me, not sure what it's over, but you can't please all the people all the time. I invite a PM from him to discuss the specifics. As for the next DVD, well, we talked about Boddington on Fulson, but I'm too scared of all the needles he's getting stuck in him to get close enough. And what if it's contagious? Wish we could do sheep, but I can't rob enough liquor stores to get the footage. My personal vote was for plains game, man do we have lotsa good stuff...but these things take time, and we're missing some key elements (like three-toed gazorks). So, with much anticipation and some misgivings, we're working on lion. Anticipation: We've been gathering lion footage for five years, and have some really good stuff. It's fun to put it together. Misgivings: As was mentioned, I'm scared to death of lions! More importantly, however, I'm fairly certain I took my last lion a few years ago. For unknown reasons people feel differently about cats (especially lions) than other game species. I feel differently about them as well (other than fear)...but I am totally convinced that the only way to conserve lions in wild Africa is to maintain their value as a game species. The challenge in this film is to project that concept; the easier part is to portray the excitement of lion hunting. I truly hope we can pull it off. You guys will, of course, be the judges. Cheers, Craig

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Welcome back and sorry to hear you didn't make it to Uganda. You missed a paradise!

Bod on lions sounds great to me. I don't know anything about your business but would have thought it to be one of the most difficult to make and also one of the most interesting videos one could make and I'll look forward very much to watching it! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Craig,

I, for one, may poke fun at you guys, but I figure you and Ivan are well enough grounded to get at least a snort out of the "monsters" you have created.

And probably more importantly... Congratulations to Ivan and his wife!

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Craig,

I can't wait for your lion DVD. How's Dave doing?

Ivan,

Congratulations and good luck!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
cancelled out of Uganda due to outfitter's hospitalization with malaria.

As far as the Karamoja is concerned...you missed a jewel.

Visited with our friends Ivan and Aaron last night at DSC meeting. Ivan gave a lovely presentation. Never could get Dave cornered.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was recommended to join this forum, in hopes of fulfilling a dream. When I joined I never knew there would be so many legends on here. First, Shakari, then Boddington, WOW!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Shakari is a legend in his own lunch break. Never heard of the other chap...

Cheers

Andrew

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Damn Andrew, but you can be bitchy sometimes! rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn Andrew, but you can be bitchy

Bitch...thats not what Jack said. animal

J. Lane Easter, DVM