THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Stu Taylor Print Benefit/MarkSullivan&LarryShoresHunt/CT Safari
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stu Taylor Print Benefit/MarkSullivan&LarryShoresHunt/CT Safari
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Also damages measured in millions of dollars sounds nice to a plaintiffs ears but it is subject to

(1) Present Value of future earnings - no free lance PH has a PV of earnings in millions of dollars. Its daily rate X number of days hunted X tips (annual or % of annual income) X years till retirement. All present valued back and guess what - living in africa what is the correct discount rate?
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Stu's damages in this case could easily be measured in millions, not tens of thousands, of dollars.

Insurance, not charity, may provide that, or may not, depending on the outcome in this case. In my humble opinion, it should. That's its purpose.

Very well said.

I truly don't see how so many here fail to see these simple facts.

I hate frivolous lawsuits more than most people, but I don't see Stu's suit as frivolous.

Beretta682E, with all due respect, you are mistaken. The measure of damages for personal injury is not so limited. Depending on the jurisdiction, it can include pain and suffering, loss of income earning ability (for as long as the remainder of the injured party's working life), medical and related expenses, including long term care, and lump sum or other compensation for the permanent nature of the injury.

Taking all of that into account, and using even modest annual income projections and a conservative inflation rate, with a likewise conservative NPV discount rate, one can easily see how Stu's proven damages claim might be well into seven figures.

And let's not kid ourselves. Few people in this world are millionaires. Insurance is what protects them when they have unintentionally hurt someone.

Most typically, that happens in motor vehicle accidents. When the insurance company is properly motivated to do so (often only after commencement of a lawsuit brought by the injured party), it will pay and permanently settle the injured party's claim in a way that protects the insured party from any further liability.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13615 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Late-Bloomer:
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
Sorry to say this but this is beginning to have the feel of a pilot for a reality TV show.

Regardless of who says what at this point the veracity will be questionable.

The one thing I have control over is what I will ever be willing to do in the future as far as lending someone a hand and I will certainly do my due diligence before that ever happens again.

Roll Eyes

You obviously took offense to my statement that this started looking like a reality TV show.

On one hand we have many folks contributing in different ways to raise money and help Stu. Most in the first print run have gotten their prints and it's assumed that the money made it's way from Conservation Force to Stu.

There's a second print run in the works or perhaps completed and then an announcement that Conservation force has pulled out of this fund raiser.

1) Has the money collected for that second print run gone to Stu?

I'm glad you are not reprinting emails from Tim & CF without their permission. Good move.

2) Roland, you are a good man with a good heart. Doesn't it seem odd to you that Stu has the ability to email you, has obviously given you permission to reprint them here (at some future time) yet doesn't have the ability to create a log-on at AR to communicate directly if he has something to share?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7623 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Stu and Tim would rather not see their laundry on the line here. Maybe that is why they haven't done it themselves?

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Perhaps Stu and Tim would rather not see their laundry on the line here. Maybe that is why they haven't done it themselves?

Certainly would make sense. Another reason I was surprised when Roland said he would be posting up emails from Tim & CF as well as Stu wanting him to "clear the air" for him.

A good will effort that has grown some interesting legs.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sorry to say this but this is beginning to have the feel of a pilot for a reality TV show.

The one thing I have control over is what I will ever be willing to do in the future as far as lending someone a hand and I will certainly do my due diligence before that ever happens again.

Roll Eyes

You obviously took offense to my statement that this started looking like a reality TV show.

On one hand we have many folks contributing in different ways to raise money and help Stu. Most in the first print run have gotten their prints and it's assumed that the money made it's way from Conservation Force to Stu.

There's a second print run in the works or perhaps completed and then an announcement that Conservation force has pulled out of this fund raiser.

I'm glad you are not reprinting emails from Tim & CF without their permission. Good move.

2) Roland, you are a good man with a good heart. Doesn't it seem odd to you that Stu has the ability to email you, has obviously given you permission to reprint them here (at some future time) yet doesn't have the ability to create a log-on at AR to communicate directly if he has something to share?

It was not your statement at all about it as a TV Reality Show...rather your immediate sentence below it...It is what it is...you made a free comment...I did so like wise Smiler

1)John has sent all monies from both print runs

2)It is I that generated the email to Stu to send him info in regards to his print delivery. Stu didn't contact me rather, I to him.

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well said Rick...I'm realizing more and more that I need to be even more sensitive and prudent to the greater picture at hand and all that it involves and entails.

I consider Tim a friend and we have talked...He has always known my integrity and intentions..It has never been as many have posted Stu against Tim or or vice-versa.

This ENTIRE incident has affected the lives of both these men and their families,,,many do not realize they are actually on ONE same team!

As many have posted how this will play out are factored by many variables...the SYSTEM is what it is and I do not get that Stu has any animosity towards Tim and vice-versa.

But because their are too many nit-wits posting stuff and don't even have a clue of what's happening nor the heart to understand both of these men's predicament.

I will just let this entire matter go and let it play out as it will...

I will advise Stu Taylor that there's no further need to tell me his side of the story.

I will NOT be posting anything even if he gives me anything!

Rick...yes, there's good reason they aren't posting there laundry here and I would be terribly mistaken to post it here or get involved in this unfortunate incident.

I must do what is wise...and understand that I am not here to put anyone on trial...but to help both men.

Doing otherwise would be unbecoming of me...so I'm with Jeff...Done and Dusted...but I hold my head high knowing I've done my very best for both men...but the time is evident that it should come to a close now...I ain't the Savior of the world...and I pray it will be well for both of these men...for I call both of them friends!

Done and Dusted Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roll Eyes

It was not your statement at all about it as a TV Reality Show...rather your immediate sentence below it...It is what it is...you made a free comment...I did so like wise Smiler

2)It is I that generated the email to Stu to send him info in regards to his print delivery. Stu didn't contact me rather, I to him.

My apologies Roland. That could have been worded better by me. I do not doubt your veracity of statement nor your intent in this affair. I merely meant to point out that at this point any statement, especially one delivered via a second intermediary would probably but viewed as suspect.

I gave money

I got a print

I'm done.

Peace
Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roll Eyes

My apologies Roland. That could have been worded better by me. I do not doubt your veracity of statement nor your intent in this affair. I merely meant to point out that at this point any statement, especially one delivered via a second intermediary would probably but viewed as suspect.

I gave money

I got a print

I'm done.

Peace
Jim

Apology accepted.

Peace!

Now let's all get outta here...and let the cards fall where they may and keep both of these men and their families in our prayers!

This is my last post!

Bless you all for giving and hope this will all come to closure soon for the two parties involved.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Roll Eyes

I gave money

I got a print

I'm done.

Peace
Jim

Apology accepted.

Peace!

Now let's all get outta here...and let the cards fall where they may and keep both of these men and their families in our prayers!

This is my last post!

Bless you all for giving and hope this will all come to closure soon for the two parties involved.

+1 Roland.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Beretta682E, with all due respect, you are mistaken. The measure of damages for personal injury is not so limited. Depending on the jurisdiction, it can include pain and suffering, loss of income earning ability (for as long as the remainder of the injured party's working life), medical and related expenses, including long term care, and lump sum or other compensation for the permanent nature of the injury.

Taking all of that into account, and using even modest annual income projections and a conservative inflation rate, with a likewise conservative NPV discount rate, one can easily see how Stu's proven damages claim might be well into seven figures.

And let's not kid ourselves. Few people in this world are millionaires. Insurance is what protects them when they have unintentionally hurt someone.

Most typically, that happens in motor vehicle accidents. When the insurance company is properly motivated to do so (often only after commencement of a lawsuit brought by the injured party), it will pay and permanently settle the injured party's claim in a way that protects the insured party from any further liability.

Mike

I am mistaken. I assumed that all these numbers daily rates tips ect were reported income. I also did not assume a zim income tax rate of 46 percent. If anyone believes anyone in zim pays 46 percent income tax and all zim ph report every cent of income (or anyone else reports income) in zim I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell. But in determining damages for lost income Stu is financially going to look no different that his black tracker. You cannot argue in front of a federal judge that as a zim citizen you have all this income when there is no paper trail of income.

Venue is very tough for this fact scenario - its not like it is a judge and jury in state court in Beaumont, Texas.

Pain and suffering - there is real pain and suffering but it is against a zim citizen with very little reported income.

Healthcare again measured by zim standard.

Overall this is a terrible tort claim and even worse jurisdiction claim.

Stu is going to lose his money (correctly donated money) to paying lawyers if he sues.

This is my spectator fact scenario - i earn my living investing on partial information sets - so its not the end of the world for me to envision outcomes.

Any litigation is going to move whatever claims Tim has against his insurance companies away from an underwriter to legal.

The process standing issues are so complicated that legal within any insurance company sill move it to outside counsel.

The outside counsels will have a field day with process standing and finally damages if Stu has funding to bring it to trial.

All is all Stu has are very very chance.

More will be spent by attorneys on all sides than the damages suffered by Stu.

This is just a total cluster f@ck. I for one have joined Jeff is "the done and dusted camp." I am done with Stu and the whole incident - my focus in hunting and this forum is burkina in 6 weeks and new hunts for 2014 - maybe save, botswana or trying to go see andrew in zambia.

happy and prosperous new year to all

mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Mike

I am mistaken. I assumed that all these numbers daily rates tips ect were reported income. I also did not assume a zim income tax rate of 46 percent. If anyone believes anyone in zim pays 46 percent income tax and all zim ph report every cent of income (or anyone else reports income) in zim I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell. But in determining damages for lost income Stu is financially going to look no different that his black tracker. You cannot argue in front of a federal judge that as a zim citizen you have all this income when there is no paper trail of income.

Venue is very tough for this fact scenario - its not like it is a judge and jury in state court in Beaumont, Texas.

Pain and suffering - there is real pain and suffering but it is against a zim citizen with very little reported income.

Healthcare again measured by zim standard.

Overall this is a terrible tort claim and even worse jurisdiction claim.

Stu is going to lose his money (correctly donated money) to paying lawyers if he sues.

This is my spectator fact scenario - i earn my living investing on partial information sets - so its not the end of the world for me to envision outcomes.

Any litigation is going to move whatever claims Tim has against his insurance companies away from an underwriter to legal.

The process standing issues are so complicated that legal within any insurance company sill move it to outside counsel.

The outside counsels will have a field day with process standing and finally damages if Stu has funding to bring it to trial.

All is all Stu has are very very little chance of any success in a us court.

More will be spent by attorneys on all sides than the damages suffered by Stu.

This is just a total cluster f@ck. I for one have joined Jeff is "the done and dusted camp." I am done with Stu and the whole incident - my focus in hunting and this forum is burkina in 6 weeks and new hunts for 2014 - maybe save, botswana or trying to go see andrew in zambia.

happy and prosperous new year to all

mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
It's sad to say, but I keep watching the video. I show it to my friends that are new to hunting. Shit can happen when we're out there with our boomsticks. I learned early on quail hunting and hurt a dog. It was a hard lesson and I'm much slower on quail now because I take in more before I shoulder a gun. Oh, what does a quail bird look like? (A joke to those that love and miss the birds.)

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in possession of my lion print. What a gorgeous piece of work. Thanks all.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am in possession of my lion print. What a gorgeous piece of work. Thanks all.

Hey Rick...glad you like it brother!!!

And when you take the hunt....please remember my give-away to the lucky winner!!!

http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/6921008291/p/4

You got a Custom Enhanced TrophyShot Print 16x20/24 Showpiece coming from my wife and I to commemorate this awesome event!!! tu2

You just have to go to my UPLOAD page my brother and it's signed, sealed, and delivered tu2

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have no doubt, I will.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have read this entire thread. I really respect Larry Shores, but in the case I must say the threads by the following most accurately capture my feelings on the issue:

1. Roland's (yes, it is hard for me to beat up on Stu)
2. J.Brown
3. Micheal Robinson
4. Judge G.

I didn't give a whole lot to this fund but I did resell my print, (but I only paid half). My favorite charity is the Brendan Marrocco Road to Recovery Trust. Brendan is the first soldier to survive being a quadruple amputeee; he lost all four limbs but received a bilateral arm transplant.

I feel what I gave is for Stu to do with as he pleases. I respect others who may feel differently.

It seems obvious to me that if the fund has raised enough to take care of Stu, he wouldn't have taken this action, but that is obviously conjecture.

Ten years from now, whose life will be the most affected by this?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Just received my lion print via UPS today.

It looks great, thanks Roland and Andrew and everyone else who contributed to pulling this all together.

If you have not received your print, it should be coming soon!

I'm sure UPS was a bit backed up with the Xmas holiday so fear not, it's worth the wait!

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Lion print arrived this morning.

It is stunning work.

Thank you Andrew and Roland.

Happy New Year.

Jytte

Posts: 215 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 13 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
I wanted to post a quick update regarding donations received through December 31, 2013. Mark previously sent out the first batch of his DVDs and books for the initial donations that were received. On January 2, 2014, Mark sent out DVDs and books to the final remaining donors. You should be receiving those items very soon.

Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am still missing the lion print.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaegerfrank:
I am still missing the lion print.

Frank per our PM and emails...it was sent to the address you provided on our FIRST PRINT RUN and marked as you requested as a DONATION GIFT.

This is much too long...I show it entering the UPS INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY system on to Germany on DECEMBER 05... Pls check with your Customs Office and I have generated an email to my printer...I will email you the details as soon as I get some info!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Roland,

Just received my print and I must say the packaging and presentation was first class.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Roland,

Just received my print and I must say the packaging and presentation was first class.

Thanks mate tu2