One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Oh this one should be good!!!

Its like most other things in life. Were do you draw the line at?

At some point all the tech. starts to take away from the hunt. At least for me anyway.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Heard the price would be around 3900 euros

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet. I want one.

A G Seven ballistic rangefinder and scope in one. No more twisting turrets.

If technology can ensure a cleaner kill, why not?

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Published on Mar 2, 2017
Please note: This product is not available in the USA and Canada.

The challenges of today can only be tackled with the technology of tomorrow. The time has now come for the dS.

This was under the video, why is it not available in the USA or Canada?

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
Published on Mar 2, 2017
Please note: This product is not available in the USA and Canada.

The challenges of today can only be tackled with the technology of tomorrow. The time has now come for the dS.

This was under the video, why is it not available in the USA or Canada?

They will initiate the launch on the US market with the Shot Show in January 2018.

It will be in stores in Europe around July 2017

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems to do essentially what the Burris Eliminator scope does. Probably better glass tho.....
Bruce

Posts: 376 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gillettehunter:
Seems to do essentially what the Burris Eliminator scope does. Probably better glass tho.....
Bruce

Zeiss and Burris have one but Swarovskis seems to have extra all including weight and price

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Beautiful country. I want the scope too. Thanks for posting.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A well done video for sure!

Tech at its best!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 539 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the current Z6i with turrets. I like this a lot. I am all in. I do not see it as cheating at all. Takes out some guess work on hold over.

Sign me!!!!

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look, if it doesn't solve the wind problem, it will not be a leap forward. Furthermore, at really long range, I don't think the holdover is fine enough.

Give me a LR that has a laser doppler anemometer and I would pay three times the price. Until then, I will stick with my G7 and/or iPhone ballistics app. Range, angle, etc. is not the problem - it is the wind.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First, nicely done advertisement

When he ranges it the first time and then it moves the range is 169 meters. Do ya really need that much scope at that range?

M

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I'll stay with regular scope and within 150 or so

Can't get excited about distance
But It sure get excited when I'm close

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Advantage yes, cheating no. With anything, you still have to do your part and it may be a fun tool to use, but I like my Ziess and will continue to use it.

Posts: 625 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I don't think that they're in Africa.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the first hunters who used scopes were thought of as cheaters as well. Time marches on, I guess.

Posts: 20156 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Cool, now I'll find some great deals on used Swaro scopes in the classifieds when you guys with deep pockets "need" to buy the latest.

sofa

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7622 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want to wear a tweed sport coat when hunting! jumping

Posts: 169 | Location: So Cal, ....USA | Registered: 25 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a sucker for the latest gadgets, but I see no use for my style of hunting. I like to get as close as I can. It would be fun to play around at the range though.

Impressive peice of technology....it's just not for me.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMHO technology is a slippery slope and there are other conflicting ethical issues as well.

We all owe the animals we hunt as quick and painless death as possible. To the extent technology assists in that, I applaud it. That's why I use rangefinders. Some might think that's too much.

That said, I like trying to get closer to make a cleaner shot. When technology encourages longer shots, I'm not sure I like that. So what about scopes? I like scopes.

Where do you draw the line? I think as long as it's legal, it's an individual decision.

Posts: 10307 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Clark:

When he ranges it the first time and then it moves the range is 169 meters. Do ya really need that much scope at that range?

M

I was thinking the same thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37728 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
I'll stay with regular scope and within 150 or so

Can't get excited about distance
But It sure get excited when I'm close

+1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37728 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
IMHO technology is a slippery slope and there are other conflicting ethical issues as well.

We all owe the animals we hunt as quick and painless death as possible. To the extent technology assists in that, I applaud it. That's why I use rangefinders. Some might think that's too much.

That said, I like trying to get closer to make a cleaner shot. When technology encourages longer shots, I'm not sure I like that. So what about scopes? I like scopes.

Where do you draw the line? I think as long as it's legal, it's an individual decision.

Legal is in the of beholder
I'd say, use your own standards
But in the end, we will fall due to too much technology

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Cheating? No.
But the thrill of the stalk and of the hunt is gone with so much technology. A few years ago at DSC some idiots were showing a computer controlled scope and making kills at 900-1000 yards. The guys could not stalk and could not hunt. Hell, they could not even shoot as the computer did all the work.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good for those hunting Mountain sheep and goat.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only thing that commercial makes me want to buy is one of those Sherlock Holmes Deerstalker hats,
and maybe a gold-trimmed cane like the guide is using.
Reminds me of "Spiridon Moor" and Jap Bay on Kodiak Island, to which I shall return with my new cap and cane. Smiler

Riflecrank Internationale Permanente.
Incurable
is spelled the same in French and English. cuckoo

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of #1 of 13
posted Hide Post
No but using sticks is.

ZIMBABWE 2016
ZIMBABWE 2017
Zimbabwe 2019

Posts: 172 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 22 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Chalmers:
The advert has little to do with a 169 metre shot at a Stag. Just think of the extraction, help! call in the chopper, the guys imo had a pretty good stalk to get to there.

It has everything to do with separating you from your hard earned.
They are selling you a lifestyle and those that can afford a three Grand scope good luck to them.

Like the Flivver King said, I paraphrase, there is nothing like a second hand market to sell new stuff. When it pays for the investment another add-on will surface and then we move on. We certainly do no need it for HUNTING in our land.

Thirty years ago that shot would have been taken with a 4x scope, or more likely we were told to get a bit closer. When everyone had a 4x we moved to 6x and then 8x ......today I have a 25x Zeiss. Whodathunkit. Eeker Another plus it keeps us older guys in focus to enjoy our sport a bit longer.Technology you got to love it,it's called progress.

I hunted Stags during the rut in the highlands back in the early 90's. Wonderful experience with the loading ponies following you at distance and all. I believe I used a variable up to 8 or 10 x European scope on a 300 win mag Blazer. I thought I was riding the edge of technology. Lol. I was I guess.

Some of those Stags were far , really far. Others I got closer , as per the ad. The Stalks were great and we spent hours out there everyday walking those hills. We managed 2 Stags per day.

For me this new scope would take all the fun out of it. No need to do any quick calculations in your head in the heat of the moment , Just put the crosshairs on him and squeeze. But that's just me. Its an incredible piece of equipment for sure.
Now for culling , this would be great.

Happy hunting

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Or Vaal Rhebok anywhere or springbok in an open pan or Bushbuck in KZN or klipspringer, eland and mountain reedbuck in the Drakensberg, etc, etc. I can find all types of African settings where 300 yards is as close as you're ever going to get. A lot of hunters never see any shots over 100 yards most of their lives and believe that you can always stalk anything within that distance. I beg to differ.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When someone sees one for sale- let me know. I like getting close too, but this takes some guess work out of the mix. Just think what would have happened if Teddy Roosevelt had one of these on his safari in 1909! He would have wounded a lot less.

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

Or Vaal Rhebok anywhere or springbok in an open pan or Bushbuck in KZN or klipspringer, eland and mountain reedbuck in the Drakensberg, etc, etc. I can find all types of African settings where 300 yards is as close as you're ever going to get. A lot of hunters never see any shots over 100 yards most of their lives and believe that you can always stalk anything within that distance. I beg to differ.

Add Lechwe, Sitatunga and Mountain Nyala to that list.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Clark:

M

Or a need to place the crosshairs a foot above the stag's back?

Posts: 400 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't see where this scope will dope the wind for you.....

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Cheating? No.
But the thrill of the stalk and of the hunt is gone with so much technology. A few years ago at DSC some idiots were showing a computer controlled scope and making kills at 900-1000 yards. The guys could not stalk and could not hunt. Hell, they could not even shoot as the computer did all the work.
Cal

That system didn't dope the wind either; in fact, since it used/uses a digital image, it is impossible to read mirage (if you have a side parallax scope you can move the focus closer to see the mirage if not already present).

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I don't use sights of any kind.

I hate cheaters. Cool Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I am getting to where I can't see the sights!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It isn't coming to the US or Canada anytime soon. There is a conflicting patent.

Posts: 154 | Location: N. Texas | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abbispa:
It isn't coming to the US or Canada anytime soon. There is a conflicting patent.

Swarovski said it will be announced Jan 2018 for US market

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The heck with the scope.....did none of you realize the guide was wearing a TIE????????? dancing

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote