Find
Notify
Tools

Leaving For Chirisa Tomorrow
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Stay tuned for my hunting report.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Good luck, shootaway. Who are you hunting with?

Have a great hunt Smiler.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am hunting with Charlton McCallum Safaris.PH is Alan shearing.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
If you see asst PH Mitch Riley, tell him I said HI. Good luck...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
shootaway,

Good luck on your hunt. If Apprentice PHs Phillip and Mitchell are still there, please give them my best.

What will you be hunting?

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tim,Kathi,I will let them know you said Hi.I will be hunting Buff,Zebra,Antelope and hyena.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I am hunting with Charlton McCallum Safaris.PH is Alan shearing.

Outstanding choice. Stay safe and have a great hunt!

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
WISH I WAS GOING!

There will likely be an appy there named Rogan. Tell him the guy who caught the big tigerfish this year says hi.

tendrams

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I am sure that you will have a wonderful trip. If you run into Andres, the appy from Sengwa Research, tell him I said hello and ask him about the Olsen twins -- he will know exactly what you are talking about. Also ask Jacques (the camp manager in Chirisa, I hope I am spelling his name right) about his toss by a wounded buff earlier this year -- close call.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll try to memorize all this.I am having the hunt filmed and also going to bring a camera with three rolls of film.I am going to hunt the hyena over bait and have a 50-50 chance.I hope to meet another AR member for once.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Good luck.

If you happen to run across my long, lost Aunt Gurdy, say HI for me. Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Can you describe Aunt Gurdy? I think she might have been working for "tips" in camp this summer, if you know what I mean . . . Wink

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just finished work and opened a french bottle of red wine.It has been a long time since I had wine.I don't have a clue as to what to expect on such a trip.Sometimes this is the best way of doing things.MJines,I doubt there will be an Aunt Gurdy there who will be working for tips.Lady luck has never been too kind with me.I've packed some Toblerone chocolate bars for my PH, Alan,as Yukon Delta suggested.I regret that I cannot make this a longer and more relaxing trip,instead of a week long duration.Hopefully things turn out good and I could go back for an extended period.I still have not decided on which will be the first bullet I will send down the bore.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you , shootaway!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Offcourse if aunt Gurdy is as pretty as this,it will be summer all over again and I will upgrade.[URL= ]a[/URL] beer beer beer

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
Best of luck to you , shootaway!
Thanks Pegleg.I will give you a detailed account of the Lotts performance as soon as I get back. beer

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Offcourse if aunt Gurdy is as pretty as this,it will be summer all over again and I will upgrade.[URL= ]a[/URL] beer beer beer

just remember that would be the most dangerus game in africa, other than that have one hell of a good trip.

best regards

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
quote:

just remember that would be the most dangerus game in africa, other than that have one hell of a good trip.

best regards

peter

It's whatcha can't see that'll gitcha Wink

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adrook:

It's whatcha can't see that'll gitcha Wink

The gift that keeps on giving. Eeker

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Photos of Michelle Obama belong on the political Form, please!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
this is pretty??????????

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I sense a need out there.

http://www.afrointroductions.com/?ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=Engli...7Hh5UCFQROtAod43eXXA

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Good luck, have a safe trip.

Ahmed Sultan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shootaway

Have a great trip, and a great hunt.

I have spent about a hundred days in Zimbabwe.

It is a most beautiful Country.

Even with the conditions as bad as they are every one I have come in contact with has been very nice.

I very much respect, all the Safari Companies, and all the PH,s in their ability to "make a plan", and conduct what is for most of us, the adventure, and the hunt of a lifetime.

I wish I was there now.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Best of luck on your safari. You will love Chirisa. Not a day goes by that I do not think, even if for a brief moment, about my time spent in Chirisa last November. I recently got my edited video of my safari and am very impressed with the guy Buzz uses. Justin was my cameraman and did a fantastic job. Again, good luck!

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[URL= ]a[/URL]

one of us
posted Hide Post
A difficult shot at over 100yds through thick growth.The binocs showed us a horn and we assumed its body was angled behind it.At first I was skeptical of attempting the shot and did not want to be among the others who wounded their buff days before.The shot was good and when we saw the black form jump at the shot,Alan turned to the trackers and with surprise said, "he hit him".The angle shot broke his shoulder and he could not go more than 25 yds before I caught up to him and put another round above the right eye,into the brain.He then collapsed and it was over.It was a difficult hunt.We did not see many bulls or buff and if it were not for the talented team of Alan, his trackers and everyone being in great physical shape, we would not have got this.I was really impressed by the determination and skill of Alans lead tracker Nyati.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Well done, congratulations.

How did you enjoy your hunt?

Mike

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Shootaway, excellent buff. Congratulations.
We await more photos from this trip. Glad you were successful on the buff. What else were you able to harvest (that was for D99)?

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote