BEWARE GORDON DUNCAN IVORY SCAM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
quote:
Lathari,I understand how you wouldn't want someone else's kudu hanging on your wall for reasons yve explained...What saddens me greatly is that you are hesitant to hunt Africa because of your past experience (can't say I wouldn't feel the same if I were in your shoes). If you have any interest - this is an offer for you to come to me for a week - free of charge and hunt another kudu bull with me in the mountains - free of charge).I promise that your trophy will get back to you within 3 - 9 months (depending on whether you want to have it dipped and packed or mounted). If not - I will pay for the taxidermy charges too.Regards,Chris TroskieReal Hunts for Real Hunters!

MAN OH MAN WHAT A GENEROUS OFFER.
Way to go Chris!

+1

Torbjoern

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron I would be interested to hear your response to this, as far as requiring that he use this person.

If so I feel you have some responsibility to help make this right, whether you made money or not.

Perhaps you have a contact in Africa that go get these trophies; again if they still are around.

Hats off to Chris Troske; what a generous offer. something I will keep in mind when I am able to go back to Africa. tu2

quote:
Originally posted by Lahtari:
I would like Gordon and why not Aaron to confirm that I have never asked any kind of a money compensation from either of them for what has happened. And I never will. Admitting this would be nice thing these guys could do. By the time when I still was in belief that something positive actually is happening to my trophies I asked for fair offer for a lion. More or less just to keep connections open. That's all.

I have a bad feeling that after few pages more I'll be the crooked guy here. Let me be clear on this one. I'm out here simply to get my trophies. Nothing more.

I did sense from Aaron's response that he considers him as a sort of a outsider in this case. Because he did not make any profit with this one. But looking back the add he put up here on AR, and I must say it is still very tempting, I remember that Aaron's insurances made me choose GD instead the other nice offer I had at that time.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...32100588/m/614102882
This gives me right to be just a little bit sorrow also for his sake. Don't you agree.

But no hard feelings. And Gordon. If you ever gonna actually do anything that brings even one of my trophies closer to me, would you please consider giving up at least the kudu. No cites, no value to you. We pushed hard 24 hours for that one.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTroskie:
quote:
Thanks everyone and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but looking at someone else's trophy on the wall in this case would remind me of our dear friend mr Duncan forever. 2020 Thanks but no thanks.

On the other hand, if someone of you could arrange shipping of man himself to me I would be very happy. Even better if he would be wrapped around leopard skin and have pair of ivory in his armpits. It's quite nippy here in Finland this time of a year so warm clothing is very important. Snazzy dressing makes always good first impression so what better than decent fur.

Lathari,

I understand how you wouldn't want someone else's kudu hanging on your wall for reasons yve explained...

What saddens me greatly is that you are hesitant to hunt Africa because of your past experience (can't say I wouldn't feel the same if I were in your shoes).

If you have any interest - this is an offer for you to come to me for a week - free of charge and hunt another kudu bull with me in the mountains - free of charge).

I promise that your trophy will get back to you within 3 - 9 months (depending on whether you want to have it dipped and packed or mounted). If not - I will pay for the taxidermy charges too.

I can not believe what hell is happening here. God dam You people are destroying my agony.

It's past 2 am now in Finland. I will send pm to you Chris as soon I'm solver. beer

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by npd345:
Aaron I would be interested to hear your response to this, as far as requiring that he use this person.

If so I feel you have some responsibility to help make this right, whether you made money or not.

Perhaps you have a contact in Africa that go get these trophies; again if they still are around.

Hats off to Chris Troske; what a generous offer. something I will keep in mind when I am able to go back to Africa. tu2

quote:
I would like Gordon and why not Aaron to confirm that I have never asked any kind of a money compensation from either of them for what has happened. And I never will. Admitting this would be nice thing these guys could do. By the time when I still was in belief that something positive actually is happening to my trophies I asked for fair offer for a lion. More or less just to keep connections open. That's all.

I have a bad feeling that after few pages more I'll be the crooked guy here. Let me be clear on this one. I'm out here simply to get my trophies. Nothing more.

I did sense from Aaron's response that he considers him as a sort of a outsider in this case. Because he did not make any profit with this one. But looking back the add he put up here on AR, and I must say it is still very tempting, I remember that Aaron's insurances made me choose GD instead the other nice offer I had at that time.
This gives me right to be just a little bit sorrow also for his sake. Don't you agree.

But no hard feelings. And Gordon. If you ever gonna actually do anything that brings even one of my trophies closer to me, would you please consider giving up at least the kudu. No cites, no value to you. We pushed hard 24 hours for that one.

So let me get this straight. If I recommended you hunt with Andrew Baldry because I enjoyed hunting with him and think he's honorable (which I know he is) and then for some reason he does not ship you the trophies from your hunt then in your mind I would be responsible to somehow make this good?

Sounds like Aaron did try to do exactly that. He contacted Mr. Duncan for quite some time until it was obvious much later there was no chance of resolution.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a practical matter, what can ANY booking agent do if the safari company fails to ship? If Aaron tried to help and it didn't work, what else was he supposed to do?

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris, Bill, Saeed very well done. Amazing offers
quote:
quote:
Thanks everyone and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but looking at someone else's trophy on the wall in this case would remind me of our dear friend mr Duncan forever. 2020 Thanks but no thanks.

On the other hand, if someone of you could arrange shipping of man himself to me I would be very happy. Even better if he would be wrapped around leopard skin and have pair of ivory in his armpits. It's quite nippy here in Finland this time of a year so warm clothing is very important. Snazzy dressing makes always good first impression so what better than decent fur.

Lathari,

I understand how you wouldn't want someone else's kudu hanging on your wall for reasons yve explained...

What saddens me greatly is that you are hesitant to hunt Africa because of your past experience (can't say I wouldn't feel the same if I were in your shoes).

If you have any interest - this is an offer for you to come to me for a week - free of charge and hunt another kudu bull with me in the mountains - free of charge).

I promise that your trophy will get back to you within 3 - 9 months (depending on whether you want to have it dipped and packed or mounted). If not - I will pay for the taxidermy charges too.

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lathari,I understand how you wouldn't want someone else's kudu hanging on your wall for reasons yve explained...What saddens me greatly is that you are hesitant to hunt Africa because of your past experience (can't say I wouldn't feel the same if I were in your shoes). If you have any interest - this is an offer for you to come to me for a week - free of charge and hunt another kudu bull with me in the mountains - free of charge).I promise that your trophy will get back to you within 3 - 9 months (depending on whether you want to have it dipped and packed or mounted). If not - I will pay for the taxidermy charges too.

And some people won't post hunt reports on AR because they think its gone to the dogs. Well some people may cop some flack over things they post but the above is what's good about AR tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by npd345:

quote:

So let me get this straight. If I recommended you hunt with Andrew Baldry because I enjoyed hunting with him and think he's honorable (which I know he is) and then for some reason he does not ship you the trophies from your hunt then in your mind I would be responsible to somehow make this good?

Sounds like Aaron did try to do exactly that. He contacted Mr. Duncan for quite some time until it was obvious much later there was no chance of resolution.

Aaron did try his best to get something out of GD, and he cannot be held responsible for any of the terrible behavior we are hearing of here.

From what I understand, there are a number of people affected by GD criminal activities, which cannot be blamed on anyone else except GD.

No booking agent, whether he has taken a commission or not, can be blamed for what a PH in Africa does.

GD good reputation was only good when he worked for someone else

Apparently everything went upside down as soon as he started working for himself!

This last bit of information tells me quite a lot about Gordon Duncan!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gents:
As in the tribulations of Carolinasman (who has passed away due to cancer), Saeed, Bill, and Chris are three reasons why AR is such a great forum.

And, also with the Carolinasman's issue, it shows the true nature of some of the dirt bags in our chosen activity.

My hat is off to you three.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Lathari,

Chris,

Really fine and generous offer from a true gentleman.

Now tell me does the same offer apply to me considering my Granny's cat died the other week and I am also feeling a bit down?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
quote:

Lathari,

Chris,

Now tell me does the same offer apply to me considering my Granny's cat died the other week and I am also feeling a bit down?

Absolutely Andrew! It so happens my neighbour's cat had a litter just the other day and they're looking for good homes for the kittens... You're most welcome to come and pick two... One for your Granny and one for yourself. Wink

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lathari,

Chris,

Absolutely Andrew! It so happens my neighbour's cat had a litter just the other day and they're looking for good homes for the kittens... You're most welcome to come and pick two... One for your Granny and one for yourself. Wink

Presume this includes dip & pack?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Rats (pun intended), let me know when they're six years and the trophy fee...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lathari,

Chris,

Serves it right for charging you.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lathari,

Chris,

Yep, we spray-dip our horses against ticks every Thursday and there's always some of it left so I'll gladly "dip" the kittens for you. Plus we still have a hamster cage here that used to belong to a "band member" and that we have no use for anymore so I can "pack" them in there for you... Shipping will be for your account though...

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got a few messages regarding Gordon Duncan.

If only half of what I got is true, then this character is a really nasty piece of work!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Got a few messages regarding Gordon Duncan.

If only half of what I got is true, then this character is a really nasty piece of work!

I sincerely thank all you fellow hunters for the most generous offers I have received. True gentlemen.

This might be good place to put "the end" of this here. Buzz's original task to warn us about mr GD is now more than fulfilled and my story has been turned around for tenth time by now and the missing trophies are not at all closer to leave their hiding place. Missing the point is getting closer.

And as been stated here many times before it's mainly question of principal, especially in this line of business where in the end it is just mans word you can rely on.

Next time I'm on this thread will be when there is any kind positive news to tell. Don't hold your breath though. Roll Eyes

I'll continue my "once in five years" hunting destination research and promise to put report of that here once it is done. My plan to see Alaska's brownies took some serious hits this week, thaks to this forum, and nose is perhaps turning towards Africa once more. Private messages will be sent.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lathari,

Chris,

jumping

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1140 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn, I am disappointed. I was hoping GD would make some more posts . I could use a good laugh today .

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Chris T, You are Da Man.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote